closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: I really want this .....!

I really want this .....!

I went for a wonder around lunch time, mainly to finish the last few bits of my Christmas shopping. On the way out of the office, which is conveniently located opposite WOS on Regent Street I decided to pop in and have a look around. The first thing I noticed is that they have moved some of the brands around, with a new large Omega shop taking up residency where Panerai and Tag used to be located.

I have to be honest I was never really a big fan of Omega, but I have recently grown to really like the brand in particular the Speedmaster range. So it turns out the guy who was manning the Panerai shop from before has now moved to work in the new Omega boutique, so I thought I would catch up and try a few watches on and learn a bit more about the brand.

One of the watches I tried on and instantly loved was this:

I know this is probably old news to most on here, as the Omega following is pretty strong on TZ but I had not seen one of these in the flesh before and I really liked the yellow cream colouring on the numbers and batons giving a sort of nice patina effect, paired with the distressed leather strap and dark metal watch base.

Pricing was pretty high IMO (think it was about £8k), but definitely one of the best examples I have seen out there

Would be interested to hear other members thoughts?

Its a beauty and really sells itself in the metal. I love the fact that they've been strict with the colour scheme and the shade on the date wheel is exactly the same as the dial, hands, etc - regardless of the material the finish comes off just...unified. However at £8k its strolling dangerously into Daytona territory. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Nice, but yes, far too expensive.

I had a look at one on Saturday; beautiful. It is my intention to buy a Dark Side of the Moon, and I think probably still is, though on the wrist this looks stunning.

Master
    I tried one of these on at a preview earlier on the year and loved it although for me it's just too expensive I will stick with my standard speedy pro.

Yeh they look nice, they're a good watch but pricey.

That is very nice, black and brown go together so well, but at about 8k, no chance, it's just too close to Daytona money.

Quote Originally Posted by Neilw3030 View Post
    That is very nice, black and brown go together so well, but at about 8k, no chance, it's just too close to Daytona money.
    It's all relative and down to personal taste; I'd take that over a Daytona any day.

Very nice.
    A lot of money and as someone said in Daytona range butI would take it over a SS Daytona

I'd have a standard Speedie and the change.

I know it's nice to have a rare version, but I don't particularly like the look of that model.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Banned
    It's a really nice watch but the price is ott, even the standard watch that I have was a stretch for me.

I like that a lot
    Great looking vintage strap

Craftsman
    It's a nice watch, but I prefer the standard stainless steel version myself. Out of interest, I've always been able to obtain some decent discount (c.20-25%) on Omega models. Granted, it's been on pieces for less than £8K, but even a 10% discount would result in an £8K watch being closed to £7K ... A bit more reasonable! Can the OP push for discount, or are ADs less likely to move from RRP for special editions?

Craftsman

I really want this .....!

Whatever you don't try one on! They're fantastic in the flesh. Incredibly light, wears miles smaller than the 45mm size and quite stunning colours with surprisingly eligibility. It was only that I had my new Sea-Dweller on - and was thus a bit short in the pink ticket department - that stopped me doing something silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Neilw3030 View Post
    Except you can buy it new for around £5.5k or less so not really Daytona money after discount.

Personally, my Dark Side of the Moon is everything I want in a watch and comparing it to the Daytona (which I have also owned on several occasions) is a total mismatch as the Omega is streets ahead. But just don't pay £8k for one.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Anonimouse View Post
    It's a nice watch, but I prefer the standard stainless steel version myself. Out of interest, I've always been able to obtain some decent discount (c.20-25%) on Omega models. Granted, it's been on pieces for less than £8K, but even a 10% discount would result in an £8K watch being closed to £7K ... A bit more reasonable! Can the OP push for discount, or are ADs less likely to move from RRP for special editions?
    To be honest I didn't ask, as I was not in a position to buy it then and there. However I suspect they might be reluctant to offer anything more than 10% off on the basis it is a special edition, but you don't ask you don't get as they say!

Journeyman
    Love the darkside omegas. But again I always look at what else I could buy with same money. When I find that I have a choice of rolex or omega. ... The rolex always wins for me. Rolex offer good value for money especially with the likes of omega and breitling pushing up their price points on some of their watches

Re: The rolex always wins for me. Rolex offer good value for money especially with the likes of omega and breitling pushing up their price points on some of their watches
    That is a valid point.
    I can understand Omega jacking up their prices but those are not supported by the secondary market.

Master
    Lovely watch and very desirable at half the price.

Journeyman
    I'd have to agree with the most of the people that have experience of this watch. It's nice but over-priced. maybe interested in a pre-owned one once Ive got a couple of others I NEED to acquire.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Re: The rolex always wins for me. Rolex offer good value for money especially with the likes of omega and breitling pushing up their price points on some of their watches
    That is a valid point.
    I can understand Omega jacking up their prices but those are not supported by the secondary market.
    The more Omega jack up, the more desirable they seem to become, at least for some... Regarding that watch in the OP, no thanks. There are a lot of very very nice watches available for that kind of money. To me the Omega in the OP is not one of them, not even close.
    Last edited by GrandS; 24th December 2015 at 18:18.