closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,100 of 1344

Thread: Cancelled My Sky TV

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by g40steve View Post
    You will be begging Sky to take you back within three months.
    Cannot see me ever returning to BT, left three years ago & not looked back.
    Have full Sky package & never once had to call there help line, unlike BTsport.
    Sit down to watch Moto GP or Prem footy, get error messages. Good luck getting any sense from the help numbers as my dog has more understanding of the system than them.
    2nd that, we had BT for 1 year (5 years ago), it was atrocious and customer service, diabolical and all from somewhere over in India

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by vRSG60 View Post
    If you didn’t pay the licence you wouldn’t be able to watch anything. You’’’d have no TV

My BT subscription is due for renewal soon. It’ll be interesting to see what they come up with. I only have for football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's not quite true, you need to have a TV license if you are watching live TV, i.e. as it's broadcast. You don't need a TV license if you are watching other stuff, i.e. Netflix.

I know a couple of people who have stopped their TV licnese, and you should see some of the letters they get from the TV licensing people, they really don't like it. They are threaning them almost like the mafia, but there is nothing they can do, as long as they stay within the law they don't need a TV license.

Quote Originally Posted by Happyal View Post
    That's not quite true, you need to have a TV license if you are watching live TV, i.e. as it's broadcast. You don't need a TV license if you are watching other stuff, i.e. Netflix.
    Although what throws some people you do need a license if you watch *anything* live even if via a streaming service - so if you watch live tennis via Amazon prime = TV license.

Looks like quite a bit of footy will be free to air if this season stuff has to play out

Also with comments re now tv, sky etc

I see droves, and I mean droves leaving sky bb every day
    They’ve really fouled up by saying they can’t talk to people

The cheapest answer for most is as follows

Sky tv basic set up (can be negotiated down to about £15 a month)
    BB just but the “best deal” from the comparisons is or MSE headlines - but don’t get caught in anything more than a 12 month deal
    Calls - all inclusive on your mobile package - so in effect free for most

Netflix or whatever - shared access with family members

I’m seeing people dumping plusnet like it’s the plague, but it’s each to their own

All bb runs off bt open reach skeleton unless virgin
    The skin is your provider - that is your choice, and I put that choice down to promised speeds and service

They’ll always be Ford and againsts, but open reach are now going into properties from Monday

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweepinghand View Post

I see droves, and I mean droves leaving sky bb every day
    They’ve really fouled up by saying they can’t talk to people

The cheapest answer for most is as follows

Sky tv basic set up (can be negotiated down to about £15 a month)
    BB just but the “best deal” from the comparisons is or MSE headlines - but don’t get caught in anything more than a 12 month deal
    Calls - all inclusive on your mobile package - so in effect free for most
    So for now I have paused my complete Sky sports HD&Q, bill dropped from £78 for everything to £48 from memory, are you saying re negotiate down?

I was told if you drop to lowest you lose service, where as I still have access to said sports channels?

Blog Entries
    I have cancelled my sky Q and it goes off on Monday. I still have Netflix and Amazon, plus I have just bought a T3-R 1TB Freeview recording box and the £200 cost will be recouped in a (sky-free) 3 months.
    After 14 years with sky I am absolutely done with them and BT and Virgin TV have no appeal. So, I will have less TV choice but that is not necessarily a bad thing and that will be sweetened by my trousering the £68 a month I have been paying greedy sky who quite frankly can now ‘do one’!

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    We're paying £89 for Virgin. Called them this lunchtime to get it down. The non UK call centre was very rude and offered £5 off. Got through to someone in the UK who couldn't care less but offered us £54 to drop the TV and keep the test the same. Asked about the special offer for £34 for the first few months and got told BRAND NEW CUSTOMERS ONLY in almost a shout and then he took our cancellation without even trying to save. Will see if there are better offers next week when a different advisor isn't having such a bad day. Staying with virgin due to speed. Hyperoptic not yet in our postcode.
    Virgin called us today, said we've been a customer for years and and want to keep us...

£38 for the exact same package no change or £34 without the TV. Went for the option without the TV as we tend to watch iPlayer/Netflix/Prime if watching TV and can't remember the last time we used the Virgin box for at all.

Quote Originally Posted by g40steve View Post
    So for now I have paused my complete Sky sports HD&Q, bill dropped from £78 for everything to £48 from memory, are you saying re negotiate down?

I was told if you drop to lowest you lose service, where as I still have access to said sports channels?
    £15 is just the sky basic package (no sports)

You’ve already been pulled into HD and Q by the sounds of it

Just tell them you’re totally leaving
    Just to leave it “on” what would be the price

You can then add sports when you feel it’s needed if at all

I’m essentially paying 50p per day to watch channel 415 sky racing which somehow I have

I’ve never had HD see little difference and hate the Q menu OS so have the older box

Just tell them it’s too much and don’t be c
    Scared to sack it all off

Master
    They are not offering anything like what I am on at the moment, in terms of price. Currently I think I am paying around £74, best I can get it to now is £95.
    Last edited by Boss13; 1st August 2020 at 09:50.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KavKav View Post
    I have cancelled my sky Q and it goes off on Monday. I still have Netflix and Amazon, plus I have just bought a T3-R 1TB Freeview recording box and the £200 cost will be recouped in a (sky-free) 3 months.
    After 14 years with sky I am absolutely done with them and BT and Virgin TV have no appeal. So, I will have less TV choice but that is not necessarily a bad thing and that will be sweetened by my trousering the £68 a month I have been paying greedy sky who quite frankly can now ‘do one’!
    Update:- A couple of months on, not missing sky one bit, not missing giving them £68 a month either! So far I have had three ‘please come back’ letters offering hugely reduced prices, frankly they can ‘F-R-O’, I am not rejoining their treadmill.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by KavKav View Post
    Update:- A couple of months on, not missing sky one bit, not missing giving them £68 a month either! So far I have had three ‘please come back’ letters offering hugely reduced prices, frankly they can ‘F-R-O’, I am not rejoining their treadmill.
    I would love to do that...sounds so peaceful!

What are you doing about internet? We are with sky too for that...thinking if perhaps I should just re-contract for the internet, and cancel the TV.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    I would love to do that...sounds so peaceful!

What are you doing about internet? We are with sky too for that...thinking if perhaps I should just re-contract for the internet, and cancel the TV.
    Check out how much the Sky broadband equivalent is with Plusnet, I’m guessing it’ll be cheaper. We ditched Sky completely quite a while back now. We have Freesat (just connect to your existing sky dish) and Plusnet broadband, currently £17.99 per month. No way would I go back to the yearly bartering with Sky and as said before I don’t miss the constantly rising Sky bills either.
    I’ve just converted my parents onto Freesat too with a Freesat UHD-4D recorder box. They’re more than pleased with it.

I suspended my sky sports and can’t honestly say whether it’s back on or still suspended. The fact I don’t know tells me I don’t need it.

Journeyman
    I’ve just cancelled Sky after being with them for probably 20 years. I’ve got Amazon Prime (which I have anyway), BT Sport via an Apple TV and Sky Cinema via a few Now TV sticks. Not missing Sky one bit even though I thought I would.

Master
    When I nearly ditched Sky last year they were insistent on picking up the box. I have the sky Q and they even sent out packaging to return it, so if you’ve got that you may lose it. Worth baring in mind, though it might be different now. We kept our old sky box so I guess we could put that back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    When I nearly ditched Sky last year they were insistent on picking up the box. I have the sky Q and they even sent out packaging to return it, so if you’ve got that you may lose it. Worth baring in mind, though it might be different now. We kept our old sky box so I guess we could put that back in.
    I may be wrong here, but I was given to understand that your old sky box won't work with the new Balun they fitted as part of your Sky Q upgrade. Perhaps someone could confirm/deny.
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Griswold View Post
    I may be wrong here, but I was given to understand that your old sky box won't work with the new Balun they fitted as part of your Sky Q upgrade. Perhaps someone could confirm/deny.
    I thought when I had it put in that there was a cooling off period where I could revert back to the old one. Probably wrong on that and what you’ve said is right as Sky wouldn’t be doing anyone any favours.

Master
    Sky Q they own the equipment, you cancel you return.
    The HD boxes are yours.
    I am staying just for the footie & F1, oh & the BB is rock solid which is a must wfh.

I cancelled my Sky once again and waited it for it to be turned off. Then I got reminded to return my box. However I then received a call from them, they offered me my same package including UHD for just over £50 a month for 18 months which I thought was reasonable.

Blog Entries
    Anyone get any decent deals recently?

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    I cancelled my Sky once again and waited it for it to be turned off. Then I got reminded to return my box. However I then received a call from them, they offered me my same package including UHD for just over £50 a month for 18 months which I thought was reasonable.

I pay £36 for the same package
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Quote Originally Posted by ktmog6uk View Post
    Congratulations

Just done the 18 month dance, got the price down from £104 to £57.50 :-)

Quote Originally Posted by gilford View Post
    Just done the 18 month dance, got the price down from £104 to £57.50 :-)
    That’s just crazy. Over £104 a month for flicking a switch - well at least 50% of it if they can afford to do that.

I cancelled SKY when they increased my fees to around £90. Must have been 2-3 years ago, and I haven’t missed it.

I share my Netflix account with a few family members, and I think it costs me around £10 (actually just noticed it’s plus VAT, so £12!) a month. It’s not perfect, I can’t record stuff etc., but it also means I don’t have or watch terrestrial tv and no longer need a TV licence either, so save more there.

I’ve grown very weary of both SKY and the BBC, and I’m very pleased that there is now a workable alternative and a (legal in relation to BBC) way of avoiding to pay for either of them.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ktmog6uk View Post
    May help others if you explained how you achieved that?

I recently renewed...wasn't a dynamite deal...but it will do. Nothing like £36... Something like £78 for all channels except movies and including the super fast broadband. Also including Multiscreen.

Originally I called and said that I wanted to cancel (as usual), but the deal was poor.

Next day I used Live chat, selected the cancellation option...this was the deal that presented itself. Not too bad.

Master
    Following some advise from an article on MSE, I logged into my account on the Sky website and waited for the chat box to pop up. After chatting to a very helpful chap for a few minutes I was then paying £48 per month rather than £74 with no change to my package.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    May help others if you explained how you achieved that?

I recently renewed...wasn't a dynamite deal...but it will do. Nothing like £36... Something like £78 for all channels except movies and including the super fast broadband. Also including Multiscreen.

Originally I called and said that I wanted to cancel (as usual), but the deal was poor.

Next day I used Live chat, selected the cancellation option...this was the deal that presented itself. Not too bad.
    Usual dance, put cancellation in and received a phone call offer the next day.I should point out I don’t have broadband or sky q though, just all tv channels and sky go

Craftsman
    Paying £124 a month for Sky Q multi-room, movies, sports, Sky Go. Just made the call to them and declined their offer of £81.

The waiting game starts...

Quote Originally Posted by gavsw20 View Post
    Paying £124 a month for Sky Q multi-room, movies, sports, Sky Go. Just made the call to them and declined their offer of £81.

I’d go down the live chat route personally

Just renewed ours, full package, sports, movies, sky go, multiscreen, Netflix subscription now included for £73

I pay £15 a month for the basic package plus sky sports racing

Netflix I’m a user on another account

Sky movies are pretty crap imo

Sport only worth the odd footy game which I get on sky go from another account if I can be bothered

I don’t need sky Q - if I didn’t have sky sports racing I’d turn it off for good

Craftsman

Just had an email not the ability to build a new package which comes out at £39 + £20 for Sky fibre.

Need to check if this includes multi room and Sky Go as that would be an exact like-for-like.

Master
    I think people need to clarify what they are getting when they say ‘everything’?
    To me everything is,

Top fibre package - with anytime calls included.

Sky Q ultra high def with multi room, with all sports & cinema, Netflix, Sky Go.

I see some mentioning HD, the Ultra comes alive on a decent screen like an Oled

Master
    Does anyone know if Sky will cut you a deal on adding sports to your package? In the app there seems to be a bit of a discount (£30 - £23 per month) but I was wondering if anyone had any luck in getting any more off? Ta

Master
    How do I get the live chat to come up, I can get the useless Virtual Assistant only. They've just increased our package from £49 to £66

Was / Now
    Sky Entertainment £24/29
    Sky Box Sets £1/5
    Sky Kids £1/5
    Sky Sports - 1 Pack £10/10 - Basically F1 only
    Sky Cinema £11/11
    Sky HD £2/6
    Sky Sports HD FREE FREE
    Sky Go Extra FREE FREE
    See It First FREE FREE
    Sky+ Subscription FREE FREE
    Total £49 / 66

Master
    Does anyone know how much extra you can get BT sport for?

I've kept my Sky and BT sports separate to date, but BT are sticking the sports cost up by another £4 per month which gives me the chance to dump that deal and BT altogether

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdogwood View Post

I've kept my Sky and BT sports separate to date, but BT are sticking the sports cost up by another £4 per month which gives me the chance to dump that deal and BT altogether
    I believe you can now add on sky for 20 or 25 per month from memory. No contract and no sign up fee...

I did this in July for the champions league etc and cancelled immediately so just had it for one month.

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Does anyone know if Sky will cut you a deal on adding sports to your package? In the app there seems to be a bit of a discount (£30 - £23 per month) but I was wondering if anyone had any luck in getting any more off? Ta
    Now are doing it for £25 I had an offer for £18

Master
    If people are just interested in sports (and premier league in particular), the most budget (& legal) way is the Sports Mobile Pass (£6/mth) and a BT mobile SIM card, which gives you BT sports for free but mobile only. So as long as you have a mobile with a decent sized screen (mine is 7") you can stream pretty much all the premier league games for peanuts.

Quote Originally Posted by KingKitega View Post
    If people are just interested in sports (and premier league in particular), the most budget (& legal) way is the Sports Mobile Pass (£6/mth) and a BT mobile SIM card, which gives you BT sports for free but mobile only. So as long as you have a mobile with a decent sized screen (mine is 7") you can stream pretty much all the premier league games for peanuts.
    Do you have any links to this, I can’t find it
    Thanks

Master
    https://www.nowtv.com/sky-sports-mobile-pass

BT mobile app, free with any BT mobile contract above £20. See attached pic.

Amazon showing a few PL games too, so if you have Prime, you won't miss anything as all games are on TV til fans are allowed back..

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

Perfect, thank you

Blog Entries
    Sky sport £18.00
    BT sport as a Plusnet customer £10.00 regular £12.49 HD via the Sky platform, quite honestly do want to watch football on my phone or pad if i can avoid it.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

I added Sky Sports (all channels) and BT Sport for the equivalent of £27.50 direct with Sky this week. I say equivalent, as it was linked to a new 18-month term which offered an opportunity for a few discounts on other products I already had and was happy to renew.

Set my dad up with BT sports monthly pass £25, cancel anytime no contract.

Expensive to me but I’m not into sport.

Did try to get a deal but nothing around with BT.

Craftsman

Got this down to £51 a month incl. Fibre but removed Multi-room and Movies but I can live with that.

New packages look pretty reasonable and they no longer charge for a phone line with Fibre.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    I added Sky Sports (all channels) and BT Sport for the equivalent of £27.50 direct with Sky this week. I say equivalent, as it was linked to a new 18-month term which offered an opportunity for a few discounts on other products I already had and was happy to renew.
    Were you in contract or had cancelled or threatened to? Did you phone or use live chat. Also what other sky packages are you subscribing to.
    Last edited by Pumatwin; 2nd October 2020 at 11:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumatwin View Post
    Were you in contract or had cancelled or threatened to? Did you phone or use live chat. Also what other sky packages are you subscribing to.
    In contract, my previous deal ended next Feb. I phoned them and quite honestly said I’d like to add it but what deals can you offer across my entire package?

The two best ways to get deals from Sky are phoning and asking for a deal, or quitting totally and hoping they get in touch at a later date. SWMBO wouldn’t appreciate her saved recordings disappearing, so I stick to the straight forward option.

If you go via live chat it’s definaeyly better in my opinion

That’s how I got the mobile sim deals which are frankly outstanding

£3 a month fir my mum unlimited calls texts abd 2mb

£9 a month me 15gb and unlimited calls etc

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdogwood View Post

Just agreed to extend my existing (highly discounted) Sky package from 15 to 18 months in return for adding BT sports at £15 all in. BT now want over £30 pcm from existing customers unless you re-contract for 24 months in which case it is basically £24 less a £13 discount for 2 months. So cheaper with sky, you just lose the app which I never used!