closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Cancelled My Sky TV

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    They’re usually introductory deals for 12/18 months. Don’t expect them to be open-ended.
    Surely in their T&Cs.
    All true. However the Direct Debit guarantee (which is on their website) says they have to notify you 10 days in advance. They say that giving me the chance to check the charge in advance on an app or the TV counts as notifying. I don’t agree - they have no trouble sending loads of other notifications.

Whatever, you just need to make a note of the date then it doesn’t arise.

The deals aren’t just introductory. I’ve been with them 20 years and the deals get slightly better for loyal customers.

£35 for me with hd, sports, entertainment and box sets. Offer was provided immediately, which makes me think I could have got more off.... Happy with the price though.

Did the same think with virgin media for my broadband and got 40% off.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sjdavies47 View Post
    £35 for me with hd, sports, entertainment and box sets. Offer was provided immediately, which makes me think I could have got more off.... Happy with the price though.

I was quoted the same deal, when I mentioned we were ‘looking’ at Virgin as new provider.
    I want a Q Box, and the fixed price that was quoted jumped up to £45 p/m.
    They would not budge on the price, so left it at that.
    Will wait.....

I managed to get £38pm for 18 months on everything, which I was pleased about until I opened this thread and saw £35 was possible.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sjdavies47 View Post

Got the same for sky, which is slightly less than I was paying before.

Master
    Sky q entertainment and box sets, no movies or sport for £22.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I’ve got my own dish with quattro LNB (H+ H- V+ V-) into a distribution amp that feeds twin sat and also TV, FM & DAB to most rooms in my house.

I know it isn’t compatible with Sky Q but as I don’t want another dish or cable stuck on my (listed) building, do Sky still offer non Q services?

I've moved a couple of times in the last few years and each time have cancelled my account and opened another in the wifes name and vice versa, to take advantage of new customer deals rather than just using the moving service.

Had reason to log in to my online account last week and got the wrong one, my old account rather than the current one in the wifes name.

What i noticed was i had a £50 balance on the old account from when it ended in credit. Cheeky so and so's don't automatically refund you, they hang on to it and only pay it when you request it.

So it's worth checking, if you've cancelled lately, log on to the old account and see if you have money sat there that's owed to you.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Brighty View Post
    I've moved a couple of times in the last few years and each time have cancelled my account and opened another in the wifes name and vice versa, to take advantage of new customer deals rather than just using the moving service.
    Does that work because I would have thought they would notice it is the same address and not class it as a new customer.

Are new customers based on name only and not address?

Master
    It doesn't really work now though as the sky loyalty program works off the number of consecutive years for being a customer

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdogwood View Post
    It doesn't really work now though as the sky loyalty program works off the number of consecutive years for being a customer
    This ^^^

Sky do seem to be offering dealings automatically to long standing customers. I'm now on the same deal for my third year and not had to contact them once. A couple of friends have had the same thing happen as well. I wonder whether retention targets have increased with this takeover.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper85 View Post
    Does that work because I would have thought they would notice it is the same address and not class it as a new customer.

Are new customers based on name only and not address?
    Was a new address too, we moved house, a few times, so rather than pay sky for a 'moving service' to fit a dish etc on the new house, we cancelled the contract and opened a new one, with new customer deals, free samsung tablet on the move before last, brand new box (sky Q on the latest move) plus quidco cashback etc. Much better that their loyalty scheme, which gave me a free Smurfs DVD last time if i remember rightly.

My main point was though, if you have cancelled lately, check your account because they don't automatically refund any credit balance. Contacted them yesterday about my account cancelled back in Jan and now have £50 on the way back into my bank account

just been on live chat with them as my previous 50% has expired. As usual getting no where and requested to cancel. Hopefully I will get the offer like last year in a few days.

Just had a renewal through and for the first time not going to phone, my bill is only going up by about a fiver, from £64 to £69 for basic TV, Max broadband and phone.

They sent a letter in September explaining the new prices and TBH I’m not sure I can be arsed to do any thing with it - unless anyone knows of any good deals going on with them?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by andyjay View Post
    Just had a renewal through and for the first time not going to phone, my bill is only going up by about a fiver, from £64 to £69 for basic TV, Max broadband and phone.

They sent a letter in September explaining the new prices and TBH I’m not sure I can be arsed to do any thing with it - unless anyone knows of any good deals going on with them?
    I would make the call to Sky and ask to speak to the retention team because they can actually offer better deals than they would offer new customers.

Having renewed my subscription they brought the cost of my bill down and I didn’t really have to haggle.

I cancelled mine, but also waned to upgrade to sky Q. If I stayed on the normal package I could have got a circa 40% discount but moving to sky Q they hardly offered much at all. Bit annoying but want the 4K content, ended up paying £64 a month for everything apart from box sets, and £40 to install 2 boxes.

Master
    Well just cancelled my TV today. Stuck with them for the phone and broadband. Apparently there is 31 days notice so 8th Jan it will go off.

Anyone gone through this know if they will call me again to try to convince me or are we definitely going to be without tv now!?

I nearly accepted the retention team offer at 54 for basic TV Inc HD and the phone and broadband. Then right at the last they told me for the privilege of me agreeing a new 18 month contract for this they will charge me a 10 quid admin fee. I told them to stuff it!

Not too bothered about the TV as don't watch it much. And an excuse to go to the pub for the big games!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    keep an eye in your account on the set top box, last time my 60% off offer appeared in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Well just cancelled my TV today. Stuck with them for the phone and broadband. Apparently there is 31 days notice so 8th Jan it will go off.

Anyone gone through this know if they will call me again to try to convince me or are we definitely going to be without tv now!?

I nearly accepted the retention team offer at 54 for basic TV Inc HD and the phone and broadband. Then right at the last they told me for the privilege of me agreeing a new 18 month contract for this they will charge me a 10 quid admin fee. I told them to stuff it!

Not too bothered about the TV as don't watch it much. And an excuse to go to the pub for the big games!

ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ktmog6uk View Post
    keep an eye in your account on the set top box, last time my 60% off offer appeared in there.
    Correct. Keep logged into your Sky account to watch out for offers appearing which are often 50%. Then when it does appear use the phone number it gives you to accept the offer, call them and if it isn't 60% off negotiate further. Tell them you cancelled as the terms offered were not good enough, you feel you're now being taken seriously with (insert offer if not 60%) but your friends all got 60% off. You're now speaking to the right team and magically they take a look and offer you the same 60%

Master
    Thanks both! Will let you know if this comes through!

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Thanks both! Will let you know if this comes through!
    Interested to hear if a deal came through?

Just cancelled mine which will mean no sky after 2nd Feb unless a deal comes along.

Master
    No deal!! The best they could give me was about 30% off. I have 3 more days until no sky. I think I will go with their deal but I was on a better deal before at 50% off. I am cutting the package back as don't use it enough. I will speak to them again tomorrow I think.
    Let me know how you get on too.

My current deal of everything for £70 ends in March when it flies up to nearly £140

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lenlec View Post
    My current deal of everything for £70 ends in March when it flies up to nearly £140
    Shows what a gang of greedy grasping chancers they are!

Grand Master
    my current 60% deal ends in 7 weeks, let battle commence!
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Quote Originally Posted by KavKav View Post
    Shows what a gang of greedy grasping chancers they are!
    True mate. Hopefully get another deal for 2 years

Craftsman
    I’m not sure if this has been mentioned before but when I renewed my subscription I was told about the Sky VIP app that customers can download which enables customers to receive offers and other freebies.

Having downloaded the app I found out I was a gold member and was entitled to free Sky go extra allowing me to use 4 mobile devices rather than just 2 mobile devices.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper85 View Post
    I’m not sure if this has been mentioned before but when I renewed my subscription I was told about the Sky VIP app that customers can download which enables customers to receive offers and other freebies.

Having downloaded the app I found out I was a gold member and was entitled to free Sky go extra allowing me to use 4 mobile devices rather than just 2 mobile devices.
    Sky go extra is free to all sky customers now regardless of status.

Craftsman
    That’s good if it is because I have friends and family that would benefit from that and I would be grateful if you could post a link to the offer because I can’t find it. The offer I can see is Sky go extra for free, for the first two months and then the usually £5 per month applies but it is free for multi screen customers.

I got it for being a gold member (3-8 years of being a sky customer) which excludes customers under 3 years.

Thanks in advance.

Journeyman
    I am one month away from 18 month's which is my Q contract length.
    Gearing up for wasting an hour of my life and claiming poverty.

Grand Master
    well my cancellation is in...current best offer is £39 for sky +hd, box sets, sports and movies - given over the phone.
    website is saying movies and sports @ £32 per month but it's not clear if that includes the charge for the basics or not- no way of checking without clicking the accept button.
    the sky box is offering the entertainment pack at £15 a month only at the moment, the waiting game goes on.
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

I buckled and took the following:
    Entertainment £15
    HD pack £1
    Sky movies £10
    Sky go extra free

All in £26.

Was paying £58 without sky movies with multi room. Ditched multi room as not needed any more so £32 a month better off.

No deals on sky Q other than the boxes so sticking with sky hd+

Master
    I ditched mine after 15 years 5 months ago and got one of those dodgy boxes.

100 quid for the whole year and it's got the lot including box office etc.

Brilliant times.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    I buckled and took the following:
    Entertainment £15
    HD pack £1
    Sky movies £10
    Sky go extra free

All in £26.

Was paying £58 without sky movies with multi room. Ditched multi room as not needed any more so £32 a month better off.

No deals on sky Q other than the boxes so sticking with sky hd+
    What sort of deals for the Sky Q boxes?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    I ditched mine after 15 years 5 months ago and got one of those dodgy boxes.

100 quid for the whole year and it's got the lot including box office etc.

Brilliant times.

So stealing then?

Quote Originally Posted by Pumatwin View Post
    What sort of deals for the Sky Q boxes?
    post 868 of this thead

Master
    I’ve just got an upgrade to Sky Q with 2 rooms, entertainment, box sets, hd but no movies and no sport for £39. Font want sport and the movies all seem terrible anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    OK I spoke too soon about them looking after VIP members and just rolling deals on.

I suddenly noticed my charge had gone up from £45 to £95 this month …..

Anyhow 1.5 hours on the phone to the cancellations team and bottom line is £55 for movies, sports, box set, multiroom, HD, etc) but no broadband or telephone on an 18 month contract. Not great but best I could get as a top level 20 year continuous subscriber, basically 42.4% discount and as a Sky Q customer.

Now for the sneaky part, they charge £10 admin fee to re-contract and a further £10 if you have sports and movies. So £20 fee which apparently is non-negotiable, trust me I tried, using Ryanair as an analogy!

Master
    Interesting how they throw the £10 admin at the end...really annoyed me and on that point I told them forget it! First day of no sky yesterday. But still Have the box for now so free channels work.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    So stealing then?
    I'd argue charging people 120 quid a month is stealing.

I had sky for 15 years so I don't feel even a tinge of guilt.

I assume you pay for you petrol when you fill up, the oil companies have lots of money.
    It’s Sky’s to do with what they want, they own it, but you are stealing

Do you pinch magazines from the newsagent, buy knock off DVDs down the market and eat an apple as you walk around the supermarket too?

TV programmes and movies cost a fortune to make and employ a lot of people. Sky pass on this cost to their paying customers. Thieves put the prices up for the rest of us honest people.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
    Do you pinch magazines from the newsagent, buy knock off DVDs down the market and eat an apple as you walk around the supermarket too?

TV programmes and movies cost a fortune to make and employ a lot of people. Sky pass on this cost to their paying customers. Thieves put the prices up for the rest of us honest people.
    Sky don't pass on the cost to their paying customers as I have cancelled sky. They wouldn't be getting my custom so not losing anything at all.

Have you ever taken a pen from the stationary cupboard in work and taken it home ? That's theft.

Sky don't pass on the cost to their paying customers as I have cancelled sky. They wouldn't be getting my custom so not losing anything at all.

Have you ever taken a pen from the stationary cupboard in work and taken it home ? That's theft.
    Nope, never. I have a collection of mostly fountain pens that I’ve built up over the years. Just because you self justify it that way doesn’t make it right. I bet you pirate software too.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
    Nope, never. I have a collection of mostly fountain pens that I’ve built up over the years. Just because you self justify it that way doesn’t make it right. I bet you pirate software too.
    I don't pirate any software thanks, I didnt even think that was a thing anymore ?

Bet you've never broken the speed limit either. Top bloke wish you well.

Grand Master
    still no new offers yet so the waiting goes on....
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Master
    Contract due to end in first week of Feb.

Been offered HD+ box, Entertainment, Sports for £38p/m
    Also been offered SKY Q box , 2tb, Entertainment, Sports, mini box for £50p/m.
    Tried to reduce to £45, the lady erm’d and aah’d and then stuck to £50.
    I said I would need to think about.

Craftsman
    Had standard virgin TV and fast internet on a one year deal price went up to £51 from £30. Called them said we were going to leave and go to sky after a little gentle haggling they've matched the new customer current price of £32 for the next year.

Journeyman
    Good friend works for sky. I can offer a code for the full package Sky Q for £45/month if anyone interested? Doesn't include broadband or phone line, and only for new customers though

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I'm contemplating cancelling my Sky Q additional mini box (just have it in the bedroom). Don't really watch it that much.

Does it offer anything else I may miss (aren't they wifi mesh boxes)?

I presume if I cancel it I have to send this mini box back?