closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Cancelled My Sky TV

Master
    40% 12months, no contract, £10 refund for messing around, free Sky Go because I am Black VIP and a deal on Sky Q 2tb box if I want it.

Craftsman
    I didn't know about VIP sky are doing, just signed up and I'm black, should be interesting once renewal comes around in a few months.

So having wasted an hour on the app chat only to be told they can't deal with retentiond, I tried the Facebook chat.
    They still were offering the 50% for 12 months for our current Sky+ but when I asked about SkyQ they said they couldn't deal with this an have a number to ring. Retentions were supposed to ringback last weekend but didn't. I can't ring up as the account is my wife's name hence the use of the online chat, which is pointless.
    I'm going to see what an upgrade to SkyQ would cost if we accept the 50% off Sky+..

Craftsman
    Talking to neighbours, sky told them no offers on skyQ, it's £12 a month additional.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel306 View Post
    Talking to neighbours, sky told them no offers on skyQ, it's £12 a month additional.
    Well they wernt trying hard enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Because I cancelled in the hope of a better deal. Which I then got 60% off a 12 months deal which I was chuffed with. I've started from scratch on the VIP thing. All because I went 3 weeks without it. So I've lost 16 years loyalty.

Wonder what I've missed out on!!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mattwilko92 View Post
    Well they wernt trying hard enough.

I can only go off what I was told.
    What offer did you get off them to update to skyQ then, as I was going to wait till my contract is up to try as I'm not desperate, but might give then a ring now if it's a good deal for skyQ.

Apprentice
    I can only go off what I was told.
    What offer did you get off them to update to skyQ then, as I was going to wait till my contract is up to try as I'm not desperate, but might give then a ring now if it's a good deal for skyQ.
    I didn’t upgrade. I was a new customer.

Fully loaded package all channels, movies, sports, on demand etc for £30 a month, zero installation.

As above when it comes to renew ill be saying keep it at that price or I’m off.

Craftsman

Fully loaded package all channels, movies, sports, on demand etc for £30 a month, zero installation.

I negotiated a deal same as yours but with multi room last year for £19 a month.
    But to upgrade to skyQ from sky+ as far as I've heard, they won't discount from an additional £12 a month. Unless anyone knows differently

Apprentice
    I negotiated a deal same as yours but with multi room last year for £19 a month.
    But to upgrade to skyQ from sky+ as far as I've heard, they won't discount from an additional £12 a month. Unless anyone knows differently
    Mine is Sky Q, just the 1 box though.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by joe1978 View Post
    I'm in discussion just now.... so far, as a renewing customer, I'm down to £64 from £92 for full sky Q package and £23.50 for fibre unlimited plus broadband with no set-up costs (currently with BT). I'm still plugging away using the facebook message chat function to CS.

Joe
    For an update, I proceeded with cancellation and today they improved the above 18 month term offer to £40.75/month for full SKY Q HD package on a 12 month contract which I'm more than happy with.

Joe

Does this include HD? I tried last weekend for £35 a month (everything except movies) and he would only offer it in SD. I am now a new customer having left 12 months ago.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by chaplad View Post
    Does this include HD? I tried last weekend for £35 a month (everything except movies) and he would only offer it in SD. I am now a new customer having left 12 months ago.
    Yup full HD.

Yup full HD.

Ah thanks.that sound like a good deal-did you negotiate this over the phone? Is this with a Sky Q box,we already have a existing HD box, I would be happy with that really.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by chaplad View Post
    Ah thanks.that sound like a good deal-did you negotiate this over the phone? Is this with a Sky Q box,we already have a existing HD box, I would be happy with that really.
    No the deal was online through moneysavingexpert. New install with a sky Q box. Hope this helps.

No the deal was online through moneysavingexpert. New install with a sky Q box. Hope this helps.

Thanks- Ive had a look earlier and it looks like this offer has gone off, the best I could get it to come up with was £42 a month (no movies Im not really bothered tho) and 20 upfront quid for a Q box. Not sure if this was HD though now I think about it.

Best i could get this evening was phone line with eve/weekend calls (as SWMBO uses it) unlimited broadband, original tv pack, Sky Q box and skyQ mini...£42.50 per month

jambobbyb
    Last edited by jambobbyb; 22nd May 2019 at 09:57.

Stupidly forgot to call before my previous deal expired. I was paying £66 for movies / sport /HD phone and broadband.

Standard price went back up to £116..got them on the phone today. The best they could do was half price broadband and TV but still have line rental and phone

Total £74.90.. more than I wanted to pay but given how it seems people are struggling with offers currently accepted it..saves me about £480 a year (18 month deal)

We've started a tv diary just to see exactly how much sky tv content we watch and decide in October if it's worth keeping sky at all. Judging by the programs we've recorded on Sky+ it's almost always the Beeb and C4 so I think I know the outcome...

Quote Originally Posted by bigvic View Post
    We've started a tv diary just to see exactly how much sky tv content we watch and decide in October if it's worth keeping sky at all. Judging by the programs we've recorded on Sky+ it's almost always the Beeb and C4 so I think I know the outcome...

There was some research on this a while back - the most watched shows are still on freeview - I flick through sky when I visit my dad but I never see a reason to pay for it...

Master
    Recently did the "50% discount dance" and they wouldn't budge beyond 20% on the phone, so told them to cancel and, as if by magic, the 50% offer sprung up on the account. Let that get processed and then ordered Sky Q for an extra £12/mth.
    I have to say the install guys didn't do a great job. They told me that Q wouldn't work with the original Sky Fiber router we had (it does, but the 5Ghz band isn't present on the old router). The new router took my bb speed from 30mbps to about 2mbps, so clearly there's an issue there, even allowing for "training" on the line. The mini box continually lost connectivity to the SKy Q box. With the old router in place, it works perfectly.
    They also told me I couldn't change the SSID on the new router (you can, you just need to ensure that the SSID is changed on both bands of the router, assuming it works in the first place) and the WIFI password shouldn't be changed, but the "engineer" was insistent that I should "just change all your devices to connect to the new SSID", yeah right, like that's an option!
    As it is, I'm going to call them when I'm home and get the new router issues sorted. That will be fun.

I got 50% off on the phone yesterday.

Full Sky Q package. I just rang to ask when my contract was up and what was the earliest I could cancel.

Sky due to go off tomorrow. They've been trying to ring for a few weeks but I've never answered.

They managed to collar me today and initially offered 30, 40 then 50% off. Again told them I wasnt interested unless they could match last years deal. Immediately agreed the 60% plus a £25 credit on the account.

Happy with that. I usually have to go without Sky for a few weeks before they relent but no interruption of service this time around. No 12 month contract stipulation either......

Master
    I got to 50% and £20 credit (via 'live chat'), but I still have a week left so I did not take it. May have to go without for a bit to get to 60%.....

Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    There was some research on this a while back - the most watched shows are still on freeview - I flick through sky when I visit my dad but I never see a reason to pay for it...
    I can understand that, I really think we'll cancel and go down the NowTV route. That looks a far better option, £7 for a Sky Sports day pass if I can't make it to Stamford Bridge doesn't sound too bad, or watch it in the pub...

Craftsman
    I've just cancelled mine.

I have had 4 months of eventually getting them to honour a deal I was offered on live chat, and a 5 week wait for a sky q installation (which was supposed to be this morning). Received a text message telling me they would come this afternoon, and not this morning as arranged. I rang them to tell them there was no-one in as I was at work, and they couldn't understand why I couldn't get someone to be in!

I was offered a new appointment......in 4 weeks!!!!

So.....a fairly quick call to cancellations, where they tried to tell me I was in contract for a product that hadn't even been installed, and I finally lost the plot with them. Suffice to say they won't be getting any answers to the many phone calls that I'll be getting over the next few weeks.

Now to start liking at the alternatives>

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    My TV package expired this week.
    If I can get a 2tb Q box on a 50% deal I'll go back. If not I'll be £1200 a year better off.

Mark

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan C View Post
    I've just cancelled mine.

I have had 4 months of eventually getting them to honour a deal I was offered on live chat, and a 5 week wait for a sky q installation (which was supposed to be this morning). Received a text message telling me they would come this afternoon, and not this morning as arranged. I rang them to tell them there was no-one in as I was at work, and they couldn't understand why I couldn't get someone to be in!

I was offered a new appointment......in 4 weeks!!!!

So.....a fairly quick call to cancellations, where they tried to tell me I was in contract for a product that hadn't even been installed, and I finally lost the plot with them. Suffice to say they won't be getting any answers to the many phone calls that I'll be getting over the next few weeks.

Now to start liking at the alternatives>

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I had exactly the same experience having taken a valuable days leave to be at home for them .
    Only difference I got the call the next day ..... not happy , 4 years later still have a Humax box and have used the funds to buy nice watches , every cloud !

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    anyone negotiated a good deal lately??
    I haven't made contact with sky yet, I am missing the ability to record and on demand.

After babbling on about how much I want to get rid to friends and family I have somehow upgraded to sky q.

Very impressed tho.

Still have my 60% discount and it's cost me £12 a month for q plus a mini box/multi room. May make renewal in July more difficult though.

Blog Entries
    Just upgraded to Q and the whole experience was nice and easy. Spoke to Sky on Monday, offered me free sky Q, 40% discount and 12 month contract. Offered install Sunday (today) turned up bang on the button and installed in less than an hour. I have to say great service and sky Q is really rather good.

Master
    Found I'm paying nearly £40/month for fiber broadband and just Sky+ functionality which doesn't even seem to work.. I think I need to get on the phone to them and see if I can get a deal on Sky Q.

I cancelled to all but the most basic package recently and they’ve made no attempt to offer an upgrade or keep me. Luckily I cancelled because I watch very little tv so I’m actually not interested in keeping all the channels but I’m a bit surprised they made no effort to keep me

Master
    I locked into 60% off for 12 months without contract a while back. I just got a surprising letter to say that as a valuable customer, they are extending my deal for a further 12 months with NO contract. Guess they are finally seeing the need to retain customers and may now think about upgrading to Q

Journeyman

We cancelled all our packages

and got netflix. Much better now and cheaper.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post
    Thanks for the info guys.

I am paying over £105 for HDTV, BB and phone from Sky, I know that they discount if you complain but have never got around to it.
    Is 50% discount realistic?
    +1 I pay £108 and have been saying i am going to stop sky this thread has reminded me to. my daughter got a fire stick and something called cody which shows all the films so i might try that.

Apprentice

Firestick, anyone?

Has anyone dabble with a fire stick? Thinking of making the switch but not sure as the fire stick needs to be "jailbroke".

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by drosen1 View Post
    Has anyone dabble with a fire stick? Thinking of making the switch but not sure as the fire stick needs to be "jailbroke".
    You don’t need to ‘jailbreak’ the fire stick to side load Kodi.

Master
    I've been on a fantastic package with Sky since the end of last year and been waiting for the old 'renegotiation' time which is the game we play every year.

Not this year . . . . .

Randomly and for the first time ever they've contacted me and said 'the current package you're on, we've decided to extend it for another 12 months on the same deal, you don't have to do anything'.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    I've been on a fantastic package with Sky since the end of last year and been waiting for the old 'renegotiation' time which is the game we play every year.

Not this year . . . . .

Randomly and for the first time ever they've contacted me and said 'the current package you're on, we've decided to extend it for another 12 months on the same deal, you don't have to do anything'.
    Bonus... Mine is coming up very soon and not looking forward to the discussions. Hopefully I'll get a deal or I'm definitely cancelling.

Last day with Sky today, then its hello Freeview play and NOWtv.
    We'll see how we go and if we "need" an HD recorder and then decide between Freeview, Freesat or Youview. In the meantime we're saving £££s!

We cancelled earlier this year, the kids adjusted to not having dozens of kids trash channels on demand and me and the missus know we need to catch stuff 'live' rather than rely on sky+ to record everything. Saving £40+ a month and that's with a £10 movies pass.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Had my first exchange with sky yesterday. My 75% and £100 credit to my account I got last year is coming to an end and I'll be paying £92 a month.
    They only gave me a new figure of £57 which isn't going to happen as I've only been paying less than £20.
    I'm more than willing to let it cancel but will try again just in case.

Master
    They played hardball with me. I only got 50% off. Sky Q now seems to be a no cost option.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Jubal View Post
    They played hardball with me. I only got 50% off. Sky Q now seems to be a no cost option.
    No cost option as in you get the set up and boxes free (which I was also offered), or the £12 a month additional fee is free (which I wasn't).

Master
    No cost option as in you get the set up and boxes free (which I was also offered), or the £12 a month additional fee is free (which I wasn't).
    That’s what I was offered initially so I just renewed the HD. Now in my sky there is a Sky Q upgrade offer for same price as I pay for sky HD. Equipment free and the 12 quid is discounted. It requires a new contract and without ringing them I can’t see whether the price is held for the contract duration. I’ll get round to that eventually.

Craftsman
    Thanks I'll have a look into that.
    I need to ring them again anyway so will have another little dig.

Master
    We've just broken free of murdoch's clutches entirely, saves a tenner on phone and broadband with bt infinity 2 and as we hardly ever watch any live sky tv we cancelled that in favour of netflix, prime and other streaming options which saves us another 20 odd quid.
    Will have to look into a freesat dvr at some point.

Craftsman
    It's not the best offer ever but it does give 50% off.
    Simply click 'Take this offer' to get 50% off your Sky+ TV Bundle for 12 months when you sign up for another year.
    sky.com/stay50