TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Cancelled My Sky TV

Just be nice

I think if you're nice and have some chit chat
    Then they treat you better
    It's just the way I do it

Had they not offered what they did I'd have cancelled

I said I thought £15 would be worth it for me and joked if would be impossible to do.....

He beat it by 30p

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweepinghand View Post
    I DID pay £25 for the full package - this was a sixty per cent off deal

Then I called as a month to go on my contract and said I'm cancelling

He asked why was it money
    I said not really I just don't watch it so don't think worth paying

He said is there anything I did watch etc
    I said no need to waste time reducing channels as I get the £25 full month deal and he would never top that and I wasn't willing to pay it

Again we chatted and I said that he can look at the offers he has (he'd offered) but there's no way he'd better what I had

He came back a few mins later to chat again
    I said if it helped we can dump the two movie channels as they are poo which he agreed

So how does £14-70 sound he said???

For EVERY channel bar movies

Yes I took it there and then

Done

I think it's unbeatable
    No messing with apps or chat
    Just got a decent guy in detentions
    No £50 credit etc as clearly they've used that to bring the price down etc

It's the deal of the decade
    Movies etc I use my Kodi stick

I don't even have my phone with them and it wasn't even mentioned
    Does this include sports?

It's including sports

Every sports channel included

Like I said everything except two crap movie channels

£14.70

Just be nice to them...

I thought "no chance" when I first read your deal SH but looks about right. With the 60% off deal they offered me i think the sports package worked out at £19.00 so this was everything less the movie channels. Factor in the credits you can get to your account which range from £25 to £100 and not offering these in contract negotiations equate to sub £17.00 monthly charges at the bottom of the credit range.

I will never bother with the movies going forward. Just received my Kodi box and to be honest it is a revelation. Shame the sports channels don't appear to be quite as reliable as I would be binning Sky off for good. Saying that the ability to use the planner and record functions through the Sky box are being missed so I will be returning at some point........just waiting for the right offer.

Master
    My deal ends this month at present pay £56 a month for everything, HD sports, HD movies, box sets, phone & fibre +.
    It was £52 for eight or nine months.

So do I call or wait for contract to end.

What is achievable price wise?

I would really like BT sports for moto gp but not prepared to have another youview crappy contract, or even entertain BT again. Mainly because this year I have not had to call Sky once, yet BT was on speed dial due to monthly drop outs & poor BB.

Quote Originally Posted by g40steve View Post
    My deal ends this month at present pay £56 a month for everything, HD sports, HD movies, box sets, phone & fibre +.
    It was £52 for eight or nine months.

So do I call or wait for contract to end.

What is achievable price wise?

I would really like BT sports for moto gp but not prepared to have another youview crappy contract, or even entertain BT again. Mainly because this year I have not had to call Sky once, yet BT was on speed dial due to monthly drop outs & poor BB.
    Call them
    Just say straight away you want to cancel as you just don't watch much

The phone deal needs to be dealt with separately imo
    No reason why you can't achieve £15 without movies
    I don't have HD
    They can give sixty percent plus have £50-£100 to play with so don't push for a credit if they come up with good offer imo
    Today s good day to call as lots of people are out and about so call centre less busy

Master
    Just logged into my account they gave put up my plan from £56 to £104 with discount!
    After an hour of calm talking sky were at £86.
    So cancelled & will only return for a deal similar to my original.
    My contract finishes Mon.

Master
    Just cancel, download the Sky Service app and you'll get 50%.

They're not doing massive deals right now, as they have loads of new customers with the football starting up.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    Just cancel, download the Sky Service app and you'll get 50%.

They're not doing massive deals right now, as they have loads of new customers with the football starting up.
    Found it, 50% off, is this off everything or just TV?

My new offer just came through. 60% plus £75.00 credit.

I got that today as well... still not sure I can be bothered - no one here seems to be missing sky at all...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MattH View Post
    I got that today as well... still not sure I can be bothered - no one here seems to be missing sky at all...
    My deal expires soon and I could easily do without it I just keep it so I can record terrestrial TV programmes as if I cancelled I would need to get some sort of recording box unless I can cope with the catch up on my smart tv!

Quote Originally Posted by andy armitage View Post
    My deal expires soon and I could easily do without it I just keep it so I can record terrestrial TV programmes as if I cancelled I would need to get some sort of recording box unless I can cope with the catch up on my smart tv!
    I got BT TV (albeit in addition to Sky at the moment) and I got a 'recording box' for £7.95 (just postage).

Craftsman
    I got a Humax HDR-1100s Freesat box (http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/produ...ct.php?gid=618). It utilises the existing Sky dish, has a twin recorder with HDD and all catch-up players & Netflix built-in.

We haven't missed Sky at all.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sdb123 View Post
    I got a Humax HDR-1100s Freesat box (http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/produ...ct.php?gid=618). It utilises the existing Sky dish, has a twin recorder with HDD and all catch-up players & Netflix built-in.

We haven't missed Sky at all.
    Thanks I suppose that's what I would have to do but the box costs around £190 which is still a fair old whack that I would rather not shell out.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewcregan View Post
    I got BT TV (albeit in addition to Sky at the moment) and I got a 'recording box' for £7.95 (just postage).
    Andrew can I just get that or do I need to have their broadband as well? As £7.95 sounds much better :)

Master
    My contract finishes tomorrow & this morning I got 70% off to stay

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I cancelled the tv 3 days ago.

Got an offer of 50% off if I stay for 12 months.
    Worth holding out for better?

(I'm still paying them 36 a month for broadband, line, and international call package)
    Last edited by verv; 1st September 2016 at 14:29.

Cancelled a good few months back. Logged in yesterday and under the "left sky in the last 12 months" link was an offer for 60% off and £75 bill credit. Not taken it yet. Makes the full package (without HD on everything other than sport/movies or multiroom) £32 a month.

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    I cancelled the tv 3 days ago.

Got an offer of 50% off if I stay for 12 months.
    Worth holding out for better?

(I'm still paying them 36 a month for broadband, line, and international call package)

You'll get better
    They'll ring you

We've just signed up an offshore installation for Sky.................

£30,000 per month - 15 channels.

Al

Craftsman
    Thanks I suppose that's what I would have to do but the box costs around £190 which is still a fair old whack that I would rather not shell out.
    I got mine on offer for £150. No more monthly outlay so it pays it for itself compared to the £100-odd for Sky each month.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sdb123 View Post
    I got mine on offer for £150. No more monthly outlay so it pays it for itself compared to the £100-odd for Sky each month.
    That seems a good deal I will keep a look out for any deals on it but crikey £100 a month for Sky!!!! Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by g40steve View Post
    My contract finishes tomorrow & this morning I got 70% off to stay
    Nice, I could'nt get my guy to go better than 60% off, which I accepted and was quite happy with until now ;)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychomech View Post
    Nice, I could'nt get my guy to go better than 60% off, which I accepted and was quite happy with until now ;)
    Me either. But it is for the second year running. New target for next year now!

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Just got 50% off. Happy enough as I didn't have to cancel.

£57 for phone/broadband/hd sports/movies/boxsets/the test of the nonsense

Cancelled 4 days ago...

Got the call and joined again today with 50% off the full package, HD and two multi rooms. Also got my next months bill paid as well and there's no tie in. Happy with that, though I think if I'd waited to right near the end of the cancellation period I may have got 60% off (or maybe not of course).

I need to look at reducing my bill. My £25 a month all in i got from here is now £80. I like sky but now i have amazon prime and samsung quick connect im hoping for a more realistic contract.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Master
    I have cancelled and it runs out on the 13th and I know I won't miss it as I hardly watch any of their programmes so I will let it run out as for me Netflix is far better.

Master
    My 12 months deal ends in 3 weeks so I've called to give my months notice. Didn't bother to ask about deals as every year I've done it they are never as good as waiting a couple of weeks. I'll find out soon if that happens this time though I don't think I'm opted in for contact, so I my not hear anything.

Master
    cancelled sky. Just dun use it really, had 55% discount on entire package, still not enough. Gonna stick with £7 netflix.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post
    cancelled sky. Just dun use it really, had 55% discount on entire package, still not enough. Gonna stick with £7 netflix.
    I'm with you all the way with that as Netflix has so much more on there that interests me than Sky and the menu is so much better as I just hate that awful Sky menu.

I'm with you all the way with that as Netflix has so much more on there that interests me than Sky and the menu is so much better as I just hate that awful Sky menu.
    Same here, I find Netflix fantastic value for money and agree re: the menu too. I would bin sky completely if I could convince the mrs it's not needed.

Master
    I cancelled as received a weak offer to stay. Immediately got a 50% offer on account linked to a 12 month contract and used webchat to improve that to 60% off with no contract.

All up took about 45 mins and shame you have to go through that but worthwhile to see £80 become £32 per month

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdogwood View Post
    I cancelled as received a weak offer to stay. Immediately got a 50% offer on account linked to a 12 month contract and used webchat to improve that to 60% off with no contract.

All up took about 45 mins and shame you have to go through that but worthwhile to see £80 become £32 per month
    If no contract, how long does the 60% discount last? As long as you stay, or only for "x" months?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by StackH View Post
    If no contract, how long does the 60% discount last? As long as you stay, or only for "x" months?
    Pretty sure mine is 12 months - stick a note in your calendar to remind yourself to go through the whole charade again in a year's time

Quote Originally Posted by senwar View Post
    Same here, I find Netflix fantastic value for money and agree re: the menu too. I would bin sky completely if I could convince the mrs it's not needed.
    That's weird, I love Sky and I'm trying to convince myself that the wife's not needed.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by StackH View Post
    It lasts for 12 months - then you just have to remember to do the same again

Grand Master
    been offered 40% so started the cancel process. what deals can i expect to be offered down the line now?
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

60% off sounds about right - you'll still be able to make a decision just before you cancel, or you can wait until they ask you back - depends how risk averse you are :)
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    A number of friends have been through this recently. The best anyone got offered without cancelling was about 53% off for 10 months and linked to a 12 month contract. In contrast all of us who cancelled immediately got offered 50% off and then moved that on to 60% for 12 months and no contract by following up. In my experience don't be afraid of cancelling. It does not go off immediately and you get to deal with a different team after you cancel who seem to have more latitude

Craftsman
    Its quite interesting, we have all movies and sports additionally paying for BT sport.

My kids only seem to watch Youtube these days.
    The only thing I watch on TV now is Footy, almost everything else is on my PC, either Netflix or by other means.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ktmog6uk View Post
    been offered 40% so started the cancel process. what deals can i expect to be offered down the line now?
    My quote today was £63 pm for 12 months - the full works and multi room

Was happy enough with that... got a load more packages for around £25 less per month (didn't previously have sports, cinema, box sets or HD)

Master
    Did one better, sold my TV and cancelled Sky!

£14.60 for everything without movies

That's what I pay
    Sports included but no movies

Just cancel it
    It's gettable

Cancelled My Sky TV

Phoned to cancel Multiroom and Sky Movies yesterday.
    Cancelled the Multiroom as we simply don't use it anymore, but got offered Sky Movies free, with a slightly discounted Sports package (which I would pay for anyway!)

Had mine off now now for 10 months or so and I have received a 75% off deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    Had mine off now now for 10 months or so and I have received a 75% off deal.

Now that is mega

Master
    I renegotiated a few months ago with 50% off. Now I read that Discovery might be leaving Sky next month; seeing as this (and the football) is all I watch, where do I stand on cancelling Sky full stop? I understand I signed a new 12 month contract but surely if you're losing channels you pay to watch AND actually want, they haven't fulfilled their side of the deal? TBH if Discovery does go, then I will very happily cancel the lot full stop.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NickMSM View Post
    I renegotiated a few months ago with 50% off. Now I read that Discovery might be leaving Sky next month; seeing as this (and the football) is all I watch, where do I stand on cancelling Sky full stop? I understand I signed a new 12 month contract but surely if you're losing channels you pay to watch AND actually want, they haven't fulfilled their side of the deal? TBH if Discovery does go, then I will very happily cancel the lot full stop.
    I upgraded to 'Q' last month and have been pretty happy with it. BUT if they do lose the Discovery channels that will be over 50% of what I like to watch and quite frankly greedy Sky can absolutely get stuffed and I will cancel the TV, broadband and phone!
    Last edited by KavKav; 26th January 2017 at 23:29.