closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,250 of 1344

Thread: Cancelled My Sky TV

Quote Originally Posted by Tahiti View Post
    Curious. Does Now Broadband use the same infrastructure as Sky?
    Driven off an app, don't need a box. Not sure if they do live pause

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by r.dawson View Post
    I think he was asking more about the broadband than the tv. Yes, they are part of sky. I didn’t realise myself until I got my new router which was exactly the same as my previous sky router, except that it has a “now broadband” logo on it. bskyb is actually written in small on the side. I thought I was ditching those robbing b*****ds haha

Blog Entries
    Question to those who have got rid of Sky what do you use to record programmes on?
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

I haven't got rid of Sky I simply can't be arsed with the hassle

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Question to those who have got rid of Sky what do you use to record programmes on?
    I switched from Sky Q with broadband to Virgin with their Ultimate Oomph package at £77 per month after a £249 credit was applied to my account when they were unable to give me an offer for a free TV.

Craftsman
    Don’t really have the need to record anything. Most things I watch are on catch ups or Netflix etc and any sport needs watching live or not at all for me

Quote Originally Posted by ManCityDG View Post
    Don’t really have the need to record anything. Most things I watch are on catch ups or Netflix etc and any sport needs watching live or not at all for me
    You can keep the “record only” option for about £5 a month without the subs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by r.dawson View Post
    Now is indeed sky

Sky are ditching the boxes to stream via TV only - indeed flogging their “own” TVs

It’s the future

I have an android box that I use to get what I need
    No need for sky - they write to me at least once a month begging with £13 a month type offers
    So if you DO dump them on a trial basis - you’ll get deal of the decade to go back if you don’t let it go off
    There’s f all on it anyway

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweepinghand View Post
    You can keep the “record only” option for about £5 a month without the subs

I returned my sky boxes so have nothing to record on anyway. I have an Apple TV 4K box and can normally find anything I want using that and my many subscriptions

Watch everything on demand

Spend most of yesterday trying to set up IPTV through a firestick and ended up realising that I'm now too old to understand the modern world with its protocols, MAC addresses, EPG URLs and basically anything remotely technical. I have now turned into my mum.
    It's easier just to hand SKY £120 a month so I can watch any Chelsea game I can't make because the kick off time has been moved because it's now a SKY game.
    Oh, I see what they've done there.

Master
    Blog Entries

Cancelled My Sky TV

What about a freesat box? Or is just easier to have free view and now TV?
    Last edited by Middo; 31st October 2021 at 18:17.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bigvic View Post
    I'm now too old to understand the modern world with its protocols, MAC addresses, EPG URLs and basically anything remotely technical. I have now turned into my mum.
    LOL!

I find that as one gets older, it becomes more hassle to learn new stuff and much easier to just delegate it (in exchange for money) and get what you want more quickly.

Craftsman
    - - - Updated - - -

Did the sky renewal process over the weekend. Was paying £63 for cinema, sport, hd and mini box for another room which they wanted to up £97. After 40 minute wait finally got through and said i wanted to cancel as wasn’t prepared to pay any more than the £63. She was pretty brief and we agreed £66. Not sure £66 is reasonable but happy for another 18 months

Blog Entries
    Well just cancelled after 22yrs with Sky had a decent package but with two smart tvs i can go back to netflix at £9.00 pm + Now Tv through the season. Nothing offered over the phone and just got the cancellation e mail so let’s see if anything comes along in a week or so.

Master
    Gonna cancel mine when Jeff Stelling has gone.

Master
    Well just cancelled after 22yrs with Sky had a decent package but with two smart tvs i can go back to netflix at £9.00 pm + Now Tv through the season. Nothing offered over the phone and just got the cancellation e mail so let’s see if anything comes along in a week or so.
    I sat it out & they contacted me before the termination date.
    Just told them taking the pi$$ & not prepared to pay new premium they were dreaming, now paying less than previously.

Wink Wink BF deals on the horizon cough, cough.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Toad monitor View Post
    Gonna cancel mine when Jeff Stelling has gone.
    I’m having the same idea!

If you’d really must have sky just let them cut it off

Within a week or so you’ll be inundated with come back half price mailers

Do yourselves a favour and get hooked up to some reliable IPTV - as long as your have decent internet to stream you’ll never look back

Do yourselves a favour and get hooked up to some reliable IPTV - as long as your have decent internet to stream you’ll never look back

This what I do each time. Sometimes it’s can be a few months let them call you. You’ll end up getting the packed you want. Mine is also coming up. I’ll wait for the F1 to finish then I will cancel.

You don't need to go that far, just phone up and cancel just before the end of your contract, I do this every time and have done for years, been with Sky 20 years. The longer you stay and the more you have the better the deal. We pay £144 now for everything and for what we get I think it's great value

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

You’ve got to be kidding

No, we get a lot of value from it, both work from home, very fast WiFi, all in the film's, BT and Sky Sport plus 3 mobile contracts in that as well etc etc, happy customer

As long as you’re happy bud. Nothing else matters

Exactly, prem TV in HDR what's not to like

Blog Entries
    So i get a e mail with a bunch of offers last week and i start the conversation with Sky who do not know their proverbial from their elbow eventually get talking to this retention agent and the bottom line i have what i had before that’s Q, full sports ,multi room ,HD, Netflix etc for £20.00 less than i was paying now £45.00 instead of £65.00 and best of all the missus understands the interface and leave’s me alone

Master
    That's another 2 hours of my life speaking to Sky I won't get back. In summary even the retentions team seems to have rubbish tv offers today (I'm classed as their top tier Diamond VIP customer too). Also be very careful of their sneaky approach of making you contract for 18 months but with a number of the package discounts only running for 12 months. They will tell you that you are free to speak to them to re-contract at any time to see if you can get a better deal but once under contract I suspect they don't try very hard.

Craftsman
    For anybody in a contract with Sky TV that want's to get out, if you tell them you are moving to an address with Sky (they check the address and name on the account e.g. parents) they will waive all early termination fees. Just got out of my contract due to expire May 2022 and only need to pay the December bill.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsammyp View Post
    For anybody in a contract with Sky TV that want's to get out, if you tell them you are moving to an address with Sky (they check the address and name on the account e.g. parents) they will waive all early termination fees. Just got out of my contract due to expire May 2022 and only need to pay the December bill.
    Is that fraud?

Journeyman
    I ditched Sky and went IPTV, massive error with how slow my internet it. May go on live chat and see what deal i can get,

Master
    Has anyone gone from having the full broadband & TV package with Sky to just the TV and if so did it cause any issues?

Our Sky deal is up for renewal and although the broadband has been problem free we now have the option of Truespeed in the area as an alternative.

I’m wondering if Sky will be less likely to do a deal if I tell them they’re losing the broadband/telephone.

Master
    I dropped the broadband with them a then negotiated on the TV package.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Thread resurrection!

Not quite a complete cancellation as a sideways move.

Been with Sky for ages. We had a SkyQ box + UHD and a $hit phone & broadband service, mainly for the landline. It was cheaper if we took broadband too, though it was near enough useless due our very rural location at the end of a very long very old copper line. Lucky to get 0.5 mbs. We got all our real broadband on a 4GEE router.

When the landline and Sky Broadband broke for the umpteenth time we binned the landline and Sky BB. We were on the point of binning the SkyQ as well as growing trees and bad weather increasingly affected satellite signal.

SWMBO wanted to keep Sky Go for iPad viewing anywhere. I was almost tempted to get Sky Glass but TV only a year old. When I was looking for other options I came across a press release about Sky Stream service coming out on 18 October. Sky glass for you own tv. I phoned to ask and eventually put through to the only bod that had heard of it who was happily to move our package at a lower rate to Sky Stream and send out a box. Despite statement saying not available till 18 October I plugged it in to old scart and connected to WiFi and off it went.

TL/DR - if you like Sky, have decent Broadband (25 MBs for UHD) and want a cheaper service Sky Stream is worth a look.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Fifer View Post

TL/DR - if you like Sky, have decent Broadband (25 MBs for UHD) and want a cheaper service Sky Stream is worth a look.
    Started to see adverts for this, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Fifer View Post
    I phoned to ask and eventually put through to the only bod that had heard of it who was happily to move our package at a lower rate to Sky Stream and send out a box.
    Do you mind sharing what your per month cost was for SkyQ and what it will be for SkyStream? Presumably the your package/channels remain the same?

Craftsman
    Package was Sky Ultimate, Netflix Premium, Sky Cinema, Ultra HD & Dolby Atmos, Sky Talk and Broadband - £99.50.

Sky Stream account is shown as restricted. Presumably as it’s “not available” till 18 October. As I said I binned Sky Talk & BB, so that was a ridiculous £33.50!)

Other than that same package, far superior UI and rolling monthly contract £50 pm.

Can I ask if sky sports is included in Sky Ultimate. Haven't had sky in years but If all in at 50 quid isn't bad

Looking at the SkyStream pricing, it's like buying a new BMW... 'free' box but a setup fee (with DIY setup, so really, you're paying for the box). 4K is an optional extra. Fast forwarding is an optional extra (with the first year 'free'). Multi-room is an optional extra. Netflix is included but not HD, so HD or 4K is an optional extra. Everything else, much like Sky's main pricing packages, is an optional extra (Cinema, Sports, etc).

If you want Sky TV but no subscription or Sky dish, NowTV (which it seems clear was the trial run for SkyStream) and a streaming box is probably going to be cheaper for mostly the same end result.

Master
    NowTV is more flexible for me with it being available across multiple devices but once Sky Stream has enough subscribers I think Now will be scrapped/merged.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by stuchyg View Post
    Can I ask if sky sports is included in Sky Ultimate. Haven't had sky in years but If all in at 50 quid isn't bad
    No. Well I have zero interest in paying for sport. The main decider for us was SWMBO’s insistence on Sky Go.

Other than that it’s less than what we were paying for a superior service. Everything you watch live you can restart if you have missed the start. Then skip through the live ads.

Thanks for that, I use IPTV at the minute for sports so im probably best sticking with it if sports not included

Master
    For the first time ever Sky have actually emailed me to say that my 18 month deal is coming to end up - previously the sneaky bugg3rs let me know via the the direct debit jumping up! I suspect that they’ve had to rather than wanted to.

I’m paying £87 for broadband,sports, movies, kids channel, multi room etc and have a Q box. The online offer to carry on is £130 pm. I phoned to cancel and they’ve offered £102pm so I’ve cancelled. If they come back with a decent offer i stay, if not I’ll look at alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    Looking at the SkyStream pricing, it's like buying a new BMW... 'free' box but a setup fee (with DIY setup, so really, you're paying for the box). 4K is an optional extra. Fast forwarding is an optional extra (with the first year 'free'). Multi-room is an optional extra. Netflix is included but not HD, so HD or 4K is an optional extra. Everything else, much like Sky's main pricing packages, is an optional extra (Cinema, Sports, etc).

If you want Sky TV but no subscription or Sky dish, NowTV (which it seems clear was the trial run for SkyStream) and a streaming box is probably going to be cheaper for mostly the same end result.
    I have NowTV Broadband, the hub is an utter piece of crap as the signal just about carries out of the room it's in (compared to Vodaphone which was okay, but they did like to throttle the service speed, and BT hub which was fine for entire house), I will mostly be binning it once the 12m contract is up.

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    For the first time ever Sky have actually emailed me to say that my 18 month deal is coming to end up - previously the sneaky bugg3rs let me know via the the direct debit jumping up! I suspect that they’ve had to rather than wanted to.

I’m paying £87 for broadband,sports, movies, kids channel, multi room etc and have a Q box. The online offer to carry on is £130 pm. I phoned to cancel and they’ve offered £102pm so I’ve cancelled. If they come back with a decent offer i stay, if not I’ll look at alternatives.
    Looks like I have exactly the same package as you and mine ends December time. I priced up what a new customer would pay with introductory offers and it was £102 so looks like that’s what you were offered. Be very interested if you get offered something better

You will definitely get a better deal than £102. If you can sit tight and await a phone call you’ll knock £20 or so off that bill. Some times I have waited 2/3 months and a couple of phone calls off them before we’ve struck a deal

Master
    Has anyone recently tried to cancel and been offered a (substantially) better deal? Currently pay £85 for

- Sky Q
    - HD Sports
    - HD
    - Broadband

My Virgin contract is up next month, so I decided to do the merry dance and threaten to cancel again. I've been with them 10+ years.

I have been on £51 pcm for the last 18 month contract for 200MBPS broadband + Mixit TV + weekend calls. This was jumping up to £75 pcm.

After turning down the first couple of offers I was sent over the proper cancellation department when a juicier offer came out to stop me properly cancelling, which I was in the mood to do.

Same package for £35 pcm for 18 months, as long as I took out an 18-month O2 sim contract (free calls/free messages/5Gb data). I don't need the sim card, but I will give it to my dad as he uses PAYG, so it does have some value.

So, £41 pcm all in, which I thought was OK, as it would have cost me £30 pcm to change to another broadband fibre provider without the TV package.

Plus, no hassle of having to change provider which is worth a lot.

My service from Virgin in the past has been very good, so happy to stay with them.
    Last edited by noTAGlove; 31st October 2022 at 17:44.

My sky q package ends this month
    Currently paying 89 a month
    It’s going up to about 130 a month
    I’m gonna give them a call today

Master

Quote Originally Posted by catflap View Post
    Looks like I have exactly the same package as you and mine ends December time. I priced up what a new customer would pay with introductory offers and it was £102 so looks like that’s what you were offered. Be very interested if you get offered something better
    Well after all that - they’ve emailed me, texted me and written to me 3 times, I gave them a call just now, got through in seconds and they gave me an offer about 30 seconds later - none of the usual adding up the various bits and breaking doesn’t the deal. There was literally no waffle from them at all, just the price!

£86.50 for everything. Exactly the same. 50 pence cheaper than I’ve been paying for the last 18 months.

I said I’m not prepared to pay any fee to stay (it’s always £20). She said it can remove it.

Done and dusted for 18 months more. I’m happy with that.

Well after all that - they’ve emailed me, texted me and written to me 3 times, I gave them a call just now, got through in seconds and they gave me an offer about 30 seconds later - none of the usual adding up the various bits and breaking doesn’t the deal. There was literally no waffle from them at all, just the price!

£86.50 for everything. Exactly the same. 50 pence cheaper than I’ve been paying for the last 18 months.

I said I’m not prepared to pay any fee to stay (it’s always £20). She said it can remove it.

Done and dusted for 18 months more. I’m happy with that.
    That’s a good deal
    I’ve just been on the phone for an hour with
    Settled on everything for £92 a month.
    Was paying £89. So not too bad

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lenlec View Post
    That’s a good deal
    I’ve just been on the phone for an hour with
    Settled on everything for £92 a month.
    Was paying £89. So not too bad
    Yep similar so not bad at all. Just a pain to have to go through this game - glad they up it from 12 months to 18 months a few years back so it’s less often.