Results 1,101 to 1,150 of 1344

Thread: Cancelled My Sky TV

Quote Originally Posted by Sweepinghand View Post
    If you go via live chat it’s definaeyly better in my opinion

That’s how I got the mobile sim deals which are frankly outstanding

£3 a month fir my mum unlimited calls texts abd 2mb

£9 a month me 15gb and unlimited calls etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m paying the same, well, I’m about to drop down to £3/m and £6/m for my two lines since I’m at home on WiFi all the time these days. Both deals came via a phone call - they have standard discounts they can apply at different times of the year. All they’re doing is picking discounts off of a list for you and the person doing it really couldn’t care less how little you pay, so just goes for whatever is available to offer.

Blog Entries
    Anyone managed to secure any decent renewal deals recently? Wife tells me our current offer has ended so I need to get the begging bowel out.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ~dadam02~ View Post
    Anyone managed to secure any decent renewal deals recently? Wife tells me our current offer has ended so I need to get the begging bowel out.
    They are doing 50% Black Friday deals at the moment so some good deals.

I’ve been offered my renewal at the existing £15 that I pay for the 18 months ahead
    That’s just the base package plus the horse racing

Just remembered mine runs out soon. Called and renewed for £21 sky plus box sets plus HD

Is the deal new customers only?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    What do you do with the begging bowel ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    What do you do with the begging bowel ?
    It's a very good question, i'll let you know once I find out

Used the sky app yesterday to check for deals, current monthly is £98.99, Sky very kindly offered me a very generous £4 discount. Its a step in the right direction I guess...

It's a very good question, i'll let you know once I find out

Used the sky app yesterday to check for deals, current monthly is £98.99, Sky very kindly offered me a very generous £4 discount. Its a step in the right direction I guess...
    sky should be giving all of their customers a discount for lack of original content, everything is being repeated over and over again

Master
    after 2 renewals where the price crept up slightly but not enough to go through the pain, i just noticed it went up 2 months ago to £75 for entertainment, sports & cinema (the latter having been crap for ages)

current webchat offer is £42 for their new signature package, full sports & upgrade to q box (I've never bothered)

think i'll twist as the sports deal is pretty shit; only £7pm discount.

told him to go ahead and cancel and he's bullshtting me that if he starts it can't be stopped!! yeah right; just doesn't want me to pull the trigger!

not sure how much grief i'm prepared to go through.....

Master
    just taking the signature at £15 and a new q box for free

the football has been pretty gash recently anyway and i don't watch any other sports. At the girlfriends every other weekend and she doesn't have sports anyway

Master
    I’ve still got one of the old HD boxes which seems to be creaking a bit now, I’ve had it for many years. Anyone know what the chances are of getting a q box lobbed in if I take the sports package which is on offer at the moment (£13 pm for all sports)?

Craftsman
    A thread on sky so I thought it would be worth asking for opinions..

My other half’s 2012 Mac has finally bitten the bullet...this is what I use to watch sky (sports) on at our house using her parents skygo account.

The Mac is great hooked up to our TV, however I’m not sure where to go next to watch it now the Mac is no more..

Without buying a Mac or laptop (we don’t really need one), what is the next best way to continue to watch on our TV? Happy to spend a few quid but not the £1,000 min for a Mac.

Cheers

Craftsman
    Xbox

Jake

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Xbox

Jake
    Would that be an Xbox one, jake? Or would an earlier model work? I’m fairly clueless. I have a ps3 at my mums, is that outdated? Guessing so.

Craftsman
    Looks like Xbox One or better - https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-ap...-your-xbox-one

PlayStation 4 or 5 by the looks of it - https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-ap...aystation-four

Quote Originally Posted by Chinese_Alan View Post
    Would that be an Xbox one, jake? Or would an earlier model work? I’m fairly clueless. I have a ps3 at my mums, is that outdated? Guessing so.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    I’ve still got one of the old HD boxes which seems to be creaking a bit now, I’ve had it for many years. Anyone know what the chances are of getting a q box lobbed in if I take the sports package which is on offer at the moment (£13 pm for all sports)?
    they should absolutely offer a Q; if they don't just start the cancellation process and they will offer you a great deal

i threatened to cancel and reduced my package instead; the Q was a throw in that i didn't even ask for.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Looks like Xbox One or better - https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-ap...-your-xbox-one

PlayStation 4 or 5 by the looks of it - https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-ap...aystation-four
    Thanks Jake!

Quote Originally Posted by Peck View Post
    Be careful with sky q
    Loads of cm in my bb job have issues as soon as it’s installed
    Plus it’s a diff os slightly
    Plus it’s their equipment
    I’m avoiding it like the plague

Be careful with sky q
    Loads of cm in my bb job have issues as soon as it’s installed
    Plus it’s a diff os slightly
    Plus it’s their equipment
    I’m avoiding it like the plague

Loads of CM in my BB job - what is this abbreviated for?. Thanks

I was paying £120 a month for TV and broadband. Pretty much everything.

Said I'd leave and I got an offer of upgrade to Sky Q, move to the hi speed broadband, keep.all the TV I had plus added sky box sets and all reduced to £77 a month

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I took up the same deal today and virtually halved my monthly cost. Outstanding value and it also includes line rental/free landline and mobile calls and Netflix premium.

It is a black Friday deal they will match for existing customers. I switched from BT broadband though and hope that Sky Broadband is as good/reaches all rooms.

The deal is subject to an 18 month tie in period for all services - which I don't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    I was paying £120 a month for TV and broadband. Pretty much everything.

Said I'd leave and I got an offer of upgrade to Sky Q, move to the hi speed broadband, keep.all the TV I had plus added sky box sets and all reduced to £77 a month

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Master
    Anyone seen any good deals?
    Sky want to put up my contract by £45 for no added services, so time to cancel & do the leaving dance?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by g40steve View Post
    Sky want to put up my contract by £45 for no added services, so time to cancel & do the leaving dance?
    I used the chat function on their website. Managed to get my £42.50 bill down to £19 a month. This is for sky signature: q recording facilities, hd and boxsets; no movies or sport.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Easily avail for £20 if you chat them or have a convo

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    I used the chat function on their website. Managed to get my £42.50 bill down to £19 a month. This is for sky signature: q recording facilities, hd and boxsets; no movies or sport.

Are you in contract?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumatwin View Post
    Are you in contract?
    No, out of contract about 2 months.

Master
    Easily avail for £20 if you chat them or have a convo

£20 for all the sports, Netflix, cinema, fibre Max & boost unlikely?
    Best they have offered is £98pm.
    Time to play the cancellation & walk away game.
    What do BT charge for similar anyone got a recent comparison?

Master
    Slow going by phone, two calls & losing cinema & call pack price was reduced to £98 from £125, still not biting.
    Tried chat option today & had more success, at one stage without call pack & cinema but somehow added full BT sports pack, all football, MotoGP etc we were at £100??
    So asked about removing the BT sports pack & now we are talking £83 :)

“Just to let you know I am scheduled on lunch at 1pm. If you want some time to think this over I could take that lunch break and come back to you after lunch which is an hour.

The offer without BT Sports looks like this if keeping Netflix and Multiscreen.

Sky Signature at £21 a month (that's a £5 discount with an 18-month contract and £5 off with Broadband)

Netflix Standard £10 (possibly Premium at same price)

Sky Sports Complete Pack £20 (that’s a £12 discount with an 18 month contract)

Sky Multiscreen £11 (that's a £4 discount)

Sky Broadband Superfast, including line rental, at £21 (that's a £5 discount with an 18-month contract and £7 off with Signature)

This brings your total to £83.00 per month with a one off £20 admin fee”

Will have another crack over the weekend but would be fairly happy with that.

While I was in the mood EE got it as well,

Managed to get the latest purple iPhone 12, 100g data, unlimited calls & texts + BT sports pack for £46 nothing upfront.

Craftsman
    I always find that I have to give the 30 day notice to cancel, ignoring anything from the retention team before getting any of the really decent deals.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsammyp View Post
    I always find that I have to give the 30 day notice to cancel, ignoring anything from the retention team before getting any of the really decent deals.

That's standard for everyone. Only exception is for someone in cooling off period of contract.

Slow going by phone, two calls & losing cinema & call pack price was reduced to £98 from £125, still not biting.
    Tried chat option today & had more success, at one stage without call pack & cinema but somehow added full BT sports pack, all football, MotoGP etc we were at £100??
    So asked about removing the BT sports pack & now we are talking £83 :)

“Just to let you know I am scheduled on lunch at 1pm. If you want some time to think this over I could take that lunch break and come back to you after lunch which is an hour.

The offer without BT Sports looks like this if keeping Netflix and Multiscreen.

Sky Signature at £21 a month (that's a £5 discount with an 18-month contract and £5 off with Broadband)

Netflix Standard £10 (possibly Premium at same price)

Sky Sports Complete Pack £20 (that’s a £12 discount with an 18 month contract)

Sky Multiscreen £11 (that's a £4 discount)

Sky Broadband Superfast, including line rental, at £21 (that's a £5 discount with an 18-month contract and £7 off with Signature)

This brings your total to £83.00 per month with a one off £20 admin fee”

Will have another crack over the weekend but would be fairly happy with that.

While I was in the mood EE got it as well,

Managed to get the latest purple iPhone 12, 100g data, unlimited calls & texts + BT sports pack for £46 nothing upfront.

Sky is such a rip off and just not needed. We manage very well with just Netflix, Disney and Prime. All in under £30 with 4K and multiple devices!

Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    Sky is such a rip off and just not needed. We manage very well with just Netflix, Disney and Prime. All in under £30 with 4K and multiple devices!
    I couldn’t manage with out the recording, pause facility and content . Our house is slaves to Sky 😂
    Last edited by awright101; 1st May 2021 at 19:37.

I was referring to the post above mine.

There alternatives to sky for far less money that give you pretty much e wry thing you’d ever want - search the net and you tube

Quote Originally Posted by awright101 View Post
    I couldn’t manage with out the recording, pause facility and content . House house is slaves to Sky 😂
    I used to think the same but now 4 years since walking away and don’t miss a thing.

With streaming and catch up there really is no need to record anything!

Money saved was used to upgrade to a Mesh WiFi network and fibre high speeds.

Master
    After chatting to confirm deal above they admitted making an error so lowest they could get to was £95.
    Bye bye Sky, contract cancelled 31 days notice, let the games commence.

Master
    Having an 18 month deal has been nice not having to think about it, but it’s up soon so the games begin. The best they can offer is £10 more than I’m currently paying so I’ve given notice. Contract ends in just under 2 months but they let me give notice now so interesting to see if they get in touch at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Having an 18 month deal has been nice not having to think about it, but it’s up soon so the games begin. The best they can offer is £10 more than I’m currently paying so I’ve given notice. Contract ends in just under 2 months but they let me give notice now so interesting to see if they get in touch at all.
    I’m still getting begging letters offers etc from them dice I jacked them at Xmas - so you’ll get it for peanuts if you don’t cave in

Master
    I’m still getting begging letters offers etc from them dice I jacked them at Xmas - so you’ll get it for peanuts if you don’t cave in
    Cheers, I’m in no hurry. The 4 golf majors and the odd programme on sky Atlantic are about all I watch now. There’s not much new on sky movies because of the last year.

Master
    Getting the emails that my services are being cancelled.
    Should I get a deal from BT so Sky get the transfer of service request or just wait?
    Don’t want to lose BB as wfh at present.

We've cancelled our Sky, the fibre internet and phone was decent enough price at £26p/m, but the tv costs are just far too much. We're keeping the sky box and freeview channels are enough. If you want an alternative box for recording, the Manhattan T3-R is supposed to be really good. I may get a streaming service, but happy with how things stand and I can't see any offer being worthwhile for my usage.

Getting the emails that my services are being cancelled.
    Should I get a deal from BT so Sky get the transfer of service request or just wait?
    Don’t want to lose BB as wfh at present.
    Sky won’t care about that

You can keep the bb still separately if it’s any good

Master
    Can't recall exact numbers but BT deals were worse when I looked a few months back and have the cheek to expect a 2 year contract with an annual review to from memory something like RPI + 2%. Crazy that it ended up cheaper buying BT sports through Sky than BT...

Master
    Telegraph is reporting BT Sport is up for sale (or partial sale) with Amazon, Disney being mentioned

Master
    Huge thread on HDUK that I found & someone got this deal yesterday,

https://www.hotukdeals.com/comments/permalink/44573938

Grand Master
    go to help/ cancel my subscription and there will be a link that says "covid reasons" i clicked out of curiosity whilst trying to find the cancel subscription button and a link popped up with an offer to renew my package for 18months at my current deal, £39 for full tv package including sports and movies etc. that'll do!
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

We've been without sky for 2/3 years now. We have Netflix, Disney plus and Freeview and that gives us all the content we could need.

We have the Now TV app and very occasionally buy a pass but I think its happened twice in that time. Least it's there if necessary.

One thing I might sign up to this year is the NFL pass as I've gotten much more into it over lockdown.

With the improvement in TV operating system and cheap smart TV dongles the sky box really is looking like old technology. And with more streaming services popping up from content creators I wonder how sky survive in the long run. Very little owned/created content and the contracts for sport can change season to season.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ktmog6uk View Post
    go to help/ cancel my subscription and there will be a link that says "covid reasons" i clicked out of curiosity whilst trying to find the cancel subscription button and a link popped up with an offer to renew my package for 18months at my current deal, £39 for full tv package including sports and movies etc. that'll do!

I saw that,

Renew your contract
    We can help to keep your monthly bill from increasing outside of your contract. It’s easy to save with a new contract.

Renew and save

But no mention of continuing at previous rate, once deals ended?

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by ktmog6uk View Post
    Mines due for renewal. Interested in this. Is it on the app, using the sky box, or something else? Thanks

Master
    Blog Entries
    My sky deal is up this month, going from I have a full package except BT sport / movies and multi room and have been paying £45 a month - Will jump to £95 called up and they offered £65 wouldn't budge from that so gave my 31 days notice. Will see if they offer a better deal now, wouldn't mind some of the deals listed in this thread!