closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Cancelled My Sky TV

Master
    My current deal is about to end, so I'm putting on my dancing shoes to do the "Sky shuffle" again.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by g40steve View Post
    I have Fibre unlimited, box sets, sky Go, HD films & sports on 12 month contract that finishes this month for £70 at present, anyone getting close to this on the new 18 month contracts?
    I've phone, broadband, box sets, HD, films, sports and a completely different system in my sons room and pay £60.65 (was around £57 but the broadband bit went up) a month. I got that deal in around Nov/Dec 2016 and they emailed me out of the blue last year saying 'we're going to extend your deal by 12 months, you don't have to do anything'.

Wonder whether they'll do that again.

Well we’ve done without SkyTV for nearly a year and I can honestly say we don’t miss it. We tried NowTV and a Freesat recorder for a while but we’ve watched less and less tv and only watch Netflix or Amazon now and again. We’re actually 3/4 of the way through a loft conversion at the moment and only noticed that the tv ariel had been taken down a week after the event.
    However my mum will be moving in with us in the next couple of months and she’d be totally lost Without UKgold so it looks like we’re reluctantly going back to Sky again!

My current offer is ending (60% off), which was £31 for entertainment, movies and sport. The best they could offer was £51 (about 30% off). I've given notice of cancellation, so may get a better offer, but looks like my 3 year run of 60% off has come to an end.

Master
    Currently paying through the nose for basically no Sky package at all (Sky Fibre Unlimited, and Sky+ functionality free to air channels with no paid Sky channels at all and it's me nearly 50 quid a month!) and I've spent the entire lunch time trying to get through on their live chat and nothing - just sits on Connecting... all the time.

Evidently they don't even need the business! I guess I'll try again later today.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by chicaneuk View Post
    Currently paying through the nose for basically no Sky package at all (Sky Fibre Unlimited, and Sky+ functionality free to air channels with no paid Sky channels at all and it's me nearly 50 quid a month!) and I've spent the entire lunch time trying to get through on their live chat and nothing - just sits on Connecting... all the time.

Evidently they don't even need the business! I guess I'll try again later today.
    You are what Sky would class as the 'ideal customer'!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    You are what Sky would class as the 'ideal customer'!
    Yeah - gonna be trying to rectify that very soon! I realise they're basically giving me a reaming currently.

I ended up renewing. 18 month contract just sky entertainment with box sets and HD for £19 a month

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by forest172 View Post
    I had Everything they do plus multi-room and paid about £45, then the offer stopped and it rose to £93.00 so I cancelled

So here goes, mine cancelled and during the 31 days I had an offer come in the post I didn`t do anything because it wasn`t good enough

2 days into not having sky I rang them and said I think you`ve been trying to get back in touch

So on Thursday on the table £53.00 for everything I had before, and if I had SkyQ with 2 boxes it would be £62.00 (it might have been more)

Friday I called £53.00 again and then the guy said todays offer for SkyQ and everything is £48.00 with the 2 boxes and multi-room, so I signed up. This is an 18 months contract with like all the others a £10 connection fee

In the meantime they reconnected 1 sky box with everything until September when the engineer comes and then`ll I have multi-room again

So all in all a happy bunny, and that was me ringing them only after 3 days of being disconnected

Are you guys with the cheap deals including fibre unlimited & calls or just the Films & sports etc?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by g40steve View Post
    Are you guys with the cheap deals including fibre unlimited & calls or just the Films & sports etc?
    Just TV. I don't have a landline and can't get broadband with a phone line.

Craftsman
    We've just got Talktalk faster fibre broadband. £25 a month. No call packages. Apart from 0800 numbers we make all our outgoing calls on our mobiles as we have more than enough inclusive calls. I piggy back off my daughters Netflix account and my sons Sky Go account just for the F1 and odd football match plus I have Amazon prime through my work. Anything else I use Kodi. If you can’t find something to watch out of that lot, there’s something wrong with ya! Mostly though, we usually watch 95% of our programmes on BBC1, BBC2, iPlayer and ITV. With catchup through our smart tv, I don’t think I’ve recorded anything for a couple of years. Tight? Me?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by forest172 View Post
    Just TV. I don't have a landline and can't get broadband with a phone line.
    Makes me feel better, I have fibre unlimited & calls included in my price :)

Craftsman
    I'll be doing the dance again this afternoon.
    I'm currently paying £83 for the full HD package inc movies and sport plus 1x multi room, BB and phone.
    My aim is to get upgraded to Sky Q + 2 x multi room without any increase but preferably less.

Any tips or in the know current deals to be had?

Last time I renewed I went through to the cancellation dept and agreed a deal without going any further. I'm also a Sky VIP customer.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post
    I'll be doing the dance again this afternoon.
    I'm currently paying £83 for the full HD package inc movies and sport plus 1x multi room, BB and phone.
    My aim is to get upgraded to Sky Q + 2 x multi room without any increase but preferably less.

Any tips or in the know current deals to be had?

Last time I renewed I went through to the cancellation dept and agreed a deal without going any further. I'm also a Sky VIP customer.
    In theory it will come back to the status of your VIP membership. The line I was given when I wanted Sky Q was that the VIP program was set up to try to avoid the whole cancellation dance. I'm a diamond VIP tier for the maximum 15+ years continuous contract. I got Sky Q 2TB upgrade for free with 1 box and then had to pay £99 for the second box. I'm now paying £45 for the works except BB and phone which I leave with BT as worked out cheaper that way given I want BT sports and got a 50% deal with BT too.. The interesting thing is that I'm sure my contract should be up soon but using the Sky app I can see that my discount is extended well into the future which could be to do with the VIP thing.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdogwood View Post
    In theory it will come back to the status of your VIP membership. The line I was given when I wanted Sky Q was that the VIP program was set up to try to avoid the whole cancellation dance. I'm a diamond VIP tier for the maximum 15+ years continuous contract. I got Sky Q 2TB upgrade for free with 1 box and then had to pay £99 for the second box. I'm now paying £45 for the works except BB and phone which I leave with BT as worked out cheaper that way given I want BT sports and got a 50% deal with BT too.. The interesting thing is that I'm sure my contract should be up soon but using the Sky app I can see that my discount is extended well into the future which could be to do with the VIP thing.
    Interesting re the VIP status. Perhaps this year customer services will be my first and last stop.
    My Fibre BB and phone line rental is £30pm at present so that if I can get your £45 for the Sky Q works I'll be happy.

I'm steadying myself for the runaround later today. I have the full Sky Q package and BB/phone and pay about £132 per month!! The router is now paying up so I'm giving them a ring later. 15 years VIP as well - what should I expect as a response and if I want to stay (which I'd like to) what 'should' I be paying?

Master
    cancelled mine this morning; was offered a pretty good deal straight away but will leave it a week or so.

had 60% last time; doubt i'll hit that number again

I have just come to the end of an introductory deal, I called them and said "if it goes up one penny I will cancel" he offered higher prices so I aske to cancel, he transferred me to someone else with no introduction, so I had to go through the whole thing again...............this guy bent over, broadband, phone, 2tb sky Q plus two slave boxes, sports, films £71.20 per month.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    I have just come to the end of an introductory deal, I called them and said "if it goes up one penny I will cancel" he offered higher prices so I aske to cancel, he transferred me to someone else with no introduction, so I had to go through the whole thing again...............this guy bent over, broadband, phone, 2tb sky Q plus two slave boxes, sports, films £71.20 per month.
    I am going to be going throgh similar soon. Glad to see that the deals are still out there. Currently think I am paying £82 for the fibre, phone and all channels (one additional box).

Craftsman
    That's my yardstick for later then. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    I got totally fed up with the stupid and pathetic Sky dance earlier in the year. Kept Sky Q, dropped sports and movies and those useless mini boxes and went to Virgin for phone and fibre. I still have pretty much the TV I want and a faster and much more reliable broadband now, I give Virgin about £30 a month and Sky now get £18 a month instead of the £100 a month they were getting.
    Happy Days!

Quote Originally Posted by badger1 View Post
    I'm steadying myself for the runaround later today. I have the full Sky Q package and BB/phone and pay about £132 per month!! The router is now paying up so I'm giving them a ring later. 15 years VIP as well - what should I expect as a response and if I want to stay (which I'd like to) what 'should' I be paying?

Half

If not just see it through

Then you’ll be offers it

Master
    That looks about spot on as I know they had a £25 deal on BB and phone so that would take my deal for everything inc 2 slave boxes to £70 total

Just remembered my 12 months were up. Had the basic package plus full sports for £19.80 less HD which equated to 60% off.

This months bill is £24.00 and checked the projected bills for the next three months and they are the same. Looks like Sky have applied a discount without any contact. Could no doubt be bettered if I cancelled and got cut off again for a few months but enjoying the football coverage this year.

Craftsman

Virgin BB

I finally cancelled my Virgin fibre and basic TV package, which had gradually risen to 50 quid and more over the years. Guilty as charged for my laziness.
    Anyway they did the usual retention thing and offered me the BB only for £30 and I said no.
    I left it and was just looking at getting Sky BB or maybe Talk Talk. With 2 days to go before the cut off I got another call and was offered BB and phone for £17 a month. If I wanted the TV package it would be £30 but I didn't.
    The next day an engineer came round and fitted a new router and did a service check. Getting 130mbs as standard and unlimited downloads.
    Happy with that and wish I had done it years ago.

Craftsman
    I spoke to Sky on Friday and was informed that as a loyal customer my 40% (£55 for HD works with multi room) deal had been frozen for another year with no contract. I spoke to them about Sky Q and could have Q multi room installed for £20 and £8 extra per month for 2 mini boxes BUT I would have to take an 18 month contract which meant that when my discounted deal ended next October my Q deal would revert to standard price (c £130pm) and they wouldn't guarantee that I would be able to renegotiate. This could mean that I had 6 months at £150. I played the leaving card and they couldn't budge.
    I know if I went all the way with leaving they may offer me the deal I wanted but I don't want Q enough at the moment so I'm just going to keep what I have for another year and go from there.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post
    I spoke to Sky on Friday and was informed that as a loyal customer my 40% (£55 for HD works with multi room) deal had been frozen for another year with no contract. I spoke to them about Sky Q and could have Q multi room installed for £20 and £8 extra per month for 2 mini boxes BUT I would have to take an 18 month contract which meant that when my discounted deal ended next October my Q deal would revert to standard price (c £130pm) and they wouldn't guarantee that I would be able to renegotiate. This could mean that I had 6 months at £150. I played the leaving card and they couldn't budge.
    I know if I went all the way with leaving they may offer me the deal I wanted but I don't want Q enough at the moment so I'm just going to keep what I have for another year and go from there.
    I was in a similar position. My dish was old and no longer working and I wanted to upgrade to Q. They wouldn't budge on the 18 month contract either despite my discount only having 9 months left to run.

But I had some comfort from knowing that if they chose to exploit this (I'm a VIP diamond member) then I could just downgrade the whole package for the duration of the contract and would also happily replay to them how I was told at the time that the VIP team had been set up to look after loyal customers. When i called to enquire about Q their number recognition system even knew who I was and the call was answered quickly by the VIP team.

In practice, I'm now past the date that the deal should have expired but I can see from the app the next 4 months of projected payments and they are still applying the same discount.

Also to add, the deal I am on was automatically extended previously without having to phone up (I just got a letter through the post to say it had been extended) so it's some time ago that I last had to even call. I'd certainly recommend anyone that qualifies to take the Sky VIP app and also to monitor the future projected bills on it.

Craftsman
    I was in a similar position. My dish was old and no longer working and I wanted to upgrade to Q. They wouldn't budge on the 18 month contract either despite my discount only having 9 months left to run.

But I had some comfort from knowing that if they chose to exploit this (I'm a VIP diamond member) then I could just downgrade the whole package for the duration of the contract and would also happily replay to them how I was told at the time that the VIP team had been set up to look after loyal customers. When i called to enquire about Q their number recognition system even knew who I was and the call was answered quickly by the VIP team.

In practice, I'm now past the date that the deal should have expired but I can see from the app the next 4 months of projected payments and they are still applying the same discount.

Also to add, the deal I am on was automatically extended previously without having to phone up (I just got a letter through the post to say it had been extended) so it's some time ago that I last had to even call. I'd certainly recommend anyone that qualifies to take the Sky VIP app and also to monitor the future projected bills on it.
    So have I got this right?
    You took the Q package for 18 months, your discounted period expired but they haven't increased your monthly payment i.e. cancelled the discount.
    I have the VIP app but only have 13 years loyalty, I think 15 years gives you the best deals.

Craftsman
    Been on the phone to sky tonight, I am just over a month from end of contract with skyQ everything with 1 mini box, currently paying £53.75p/m.
    It was going up to £95, first and only offer from CS Advisor was £75. Told them to just cancel as I wasn't paying that.
    They put me on to retention team, they finally got it down to £55, which I thought was ok.
    I've watched about 1 film on sky in the last 3 months so told them to take it off as I've got netflix and prime to watch.
    Final monthly bill is £47, which I'm happy with for only about 40 mins on the phone.
    Last edited by Nigel306; 27th September 2018 at 23:14.

Journeyman
    I have just done the dance myself. Still not sure how I managed to do it but think I have a deal.
    I had the old legacy package that included F1, I was offered the following
    Sky Entertainments £17
    Sky HD £1
    Boxsets £1
    Sky Sports F1 £14
    Upgrade to Q and Mini Box for all in for £33 pm.
    I was paying £31.25 which expires this month and due to go up to £46.25

So happy with that I did have to sign an 18 month contract but this also locked in the prices for this period. My first payment for some reason is £43 but then drops back to £33.. also had to pay a £40 admin fee for the Sky Q upgrade but happy with the deal.

We did the shuffle recently. Always pays to get as far as possible with customer services and then ask to speak to cancellations for a bit more off. We ended up getting it locked in for 18 months this time so got a little while before we play the game again.

Master
    Just done the usual dance with Sky as well. I don't watch much Sky tv but the wife likes the planner, catch up etc. Got the entertainment package for £11 a month after repeatedly telling them I was going to cancel. Bit of a pain but seems to work every time.

My contract ends in November (currently get 50% off) and got a letter today saying they will continue with the discounts for another 18 months, happy days, no arguments on the live chat!

I cancelled last month when my existing 18 month contract came to an end. I'd been on £35pm for everything and they couldn't match that when I called to cancel. However I got a call a week later and they bought it down to £44pm for the same package but only a 12 month contract, I'm happy with that so went with it. Sure beats the £85 pm or whatever it usually costs!

I just called them up to cancel my Q/internet/phone package as I hardly ever watch TV these days and I’d rather go on freeview than continuing spending £100+ a month with sky. I’m not on a contract. They didn’t bat an eye, didn’t offer me anything, and told me it’s all going to be disconnected at the end of October. Question to those of you who have been there before: should I still expect a call back and a retention offer? Or should I start shopping for a new ISP right away? Thanks.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by o u t a t i m e View Post
    I just called them up to cancel my Q/internet/phone package as I hardly ever watch TV these days and I’d rather go on freeview than continuing spending £100+ a month with sky. I’m not on a contract. They didn’t bat an eye, didn’t offer me anything, and told me it’s all going to be disconnected at the end of October. Question to those of you who have been there before: should I still expect a call back and a retention offer? Or should I start shopping for a new ISP right away? Thanks.
    I'd log into your sky account as the first move is for them to often send a message there along the lines of "we don't want to lose you" and including a discount offer. I've not done "the dance" for a while but it used to be a 50% off offer with a link to click to accept and I just called them back to say that they appear to be starting to take me seriously and get it to 60% off and we are done. That's what I then got.

Craftsman
    I just did the dance with Sky & got upgrade to fibre BB with phone inc weekend & evening calls, Sky TV HD with sports, kids, box sets & entertainment package but no movies, new Sky Q box & 1 extra mini box for £76/mth
    I think it's a decent deal, I tried everything to get it lower but that was the bottom line.

Skip Sky

I had Sky basic package and got rid of it more than a year ago. I have Netflix and Amazon Prime, a 4K smart TV connected to my router. I recently dumped BT broadband and transferred to ZEN. This works for me as a moviecentric viewer. Catchup TV and Youtube play a role in my viewing menu and I'm happy. Sky is basicly a delivery system which may or may not carry what you want, certainly not all the time. Its well worth anylising exactly what you are paying sky for that cant be seen elsewhere, this can be a bit of an eyeopener. Something like "Game of Thrones" will eventually be released on Blueray, watch it on sky and you will pay more.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by o u t a t i m e View Post
    Just make sure all your contact details are up to date on your account page and wait for the call

Cancelled My Sky TV

Quote Originally Posted by Robti View Post
    Just make sure all your contact details are up to date on your account page and wait for the call
    They never got in touch, so today I signed up with BT (as I could get it connected the same day of the sky disconnection). It doesn’t look like I’m losing much, and the package costs 60% less than what I had with Sky. Happy with that.

Craftsman
    My contract ends next week, was a 12 month deal at £39 - tv only deal (sneaked increase to £44 towards end of contract though), had to go through cancellation team and got another deal for £45, everything except kids channels and had to be over 18 month contract as she was adamant that they no longer did 12 month deals so guessing not too bad a deal and only 43 minutes on the phone :)

Master
    I’ve just had a random letter from Sky telling me my deal is nearly up and that they are extending it for another 12 months automatically so I don’t need to do anything. They did last last year as well so it beats having to phone/quit/play the game/get the deal saga I always had to do previously. Just over £60 a month for just about everything including phone and broadband.

May look at Sky Q now as they’ve offered me that via email in another deal. Any good?

Master
    Sky Q is great. The interface does take some getting used to but it becomes second nature after a while and they are constantly adding new features.

Go for the 2TB box and you get a voice search function on the main box which works well. The mini boxes are good too, you just need to ensure you have the same settings on all boxes to stop dropouts and from memory the eco-mode is the one to stick with as that's designed to re-pair boxes overnight and is what sky recommends.

Master
    Sky Q is great. The interface does take some getting used to but it becomes second nature after a while and they are constantly adding new features.

Go for the 2TB box and you get a voice search function on the main box which works well. The mini boxes are good too, you just need to ensure you have the same settings on all boxes to stop dropouts and from memory the eco-mode is the one to stick with as that's designed to re-pair boxes overnight and is what sky recommends.
    Thanks. Just ordered the 2TB. It said it was £75 but billed me £20 so happy with that.

Journeyman
    I managed to get mine back down lower than my pre end of contract price hike. £40-> £60 45min on the phone £33 and one off charge got sky Q. Fixed 18months. I have everything apart from movies.

Master
    done; tv, box sets, sports & films = £35

happy enough as full price is £74

just be aware if you are on a discount deal,after 12 months it may go up to full price and they may not inform you, just happenened to me went from £16 to £40, made a complaint and was refunded the difference

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Good for you making a fuss and getting a refund. When I queried the increase (I was pretty friendly I think) I got a right snotty so and so who basically told me they never notify anyone, that I should have checked my app every month and I was lucky to have been on the offer for so long.

Just preparing for round 2.

Cancelled My Sky TV

They’re usually introductory deals for 12/18 months. Don’t expect them to be open-ended.
    Surely in their T&Cs.

I just got off the phone to a very nice man in retentions and I’m now paying £33 pcm for Entertainment, Sport and HD which is a few quid less than before and less than half what they tried to charge me. I don’t have Box Sets any more but never watch them.