closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Cancelled My Sky TV

Quote Originally Posted by RLE View Post
    ^^ my offer was there within minutes of cancellation.

Mine is saying it cannot show offers and refer to phone number etc

Master
    ^ My account said that but when I downloaded the Sky app, the first thing to pop up was the 50% offer.
    The account still doesn't say it.

Craftsman
    Am paying £76pcm and that's without Phone or Broadband !!!

Just called to cancel and got offered a reduction to £54 which I rejected. Contract terminated on 9th July so will be checking my Sky App daily.

Edit - although just checked checked and get "Unable to proceed

Unfortunately we are unable to show your exclusive offers available online. To continue or for more information, please call 08442 411 818."

Fingers crossed.
    Last edited by gavsw20; 8th June 2016 at 09:09.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by gavsw20 View Post
    Am paying £76pcm and that's without Phone or Broadband !!!

Just called to cancel and got offered a reduction to £54 which I rejected. Contract terminated on 9th July so will be checking my Sky App daily.

Unfortunately we are unable to show your exclusive offers available online. To continue or for more information, please call 08442 411 818."

Fingers crossed.
    Now showing 35% off TV in my App. Think I will hold out for 50%.

^^^ Or call up and tell them it said 50%... and then ask about the £50 account credit too

Master
    I got my basic TV package down to £8, free broadband (negotiated separately) and £50 cash back...and there's still nowt on!
    Next year I'll definitely be cancelling for good, free view here we come. I can't believe we're still fooled by the sky marketing. TV should be free or it was. I wish we could go back to 5 channels.

Now showing 35% off TV in my App. Think I will hold out for 50%.

I'm getting same message

How long before you got any offer via the app?

I cancelled mine this afternoon at about 4pm and got the 50% off offer at about 6.30pm in the sky service app, will call them tomorrow as I need a new box ideally a 2 tb one so let's see how that goes

Fingers crossed.
    This seems to be the standard message now if you navigate to "offers" via the "my sky" tab. Go to the home screen and "view your account summary". Mine still says 50% off any TVs bundle and a redeem online tab.

Quick update

A Durham number called me today whilst driving

A guy from sky

Cut to the chase offered me fifty per cent off

Then asked if they could give my folks s new box
    He couldn't but gave me a £50 credit

I asked that they are out back into contract (as he wasn't going to) as I understand if the box goes pop they'd get a new one as in contract?

Regardless - it's a great deal

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweepinghand View Post

A guy from sky

I asked that they are out back into contract (as he wasn't going to) as I understand if the box goes pop they'd get a new one as in contract?

It can be difficult to get the new box with 50% off and the £50 credit but i managed it this year and have failed in previous years.

However for the last four years i have been on the 50% offer.

Just for the sake of playing the game.

Master

A guy from sky

To be honest if the box does go you just phone them up and tell them. They say 'it's your responsibility it will cost blah blah blah to replace'. You then say 'OK fine, I'd like to give my 31 day notice now'...

You soon get a replacement box for free!

Link to 60% offer

http://www.googleadservices.com/page...Q0QwIGw&adurl=

EDIT:
    That link might be unreliable or account dependant. If so, try Googling "Sky comeback".

This is what they're showing me —

Last edited by Richard.; 11th June 2016 at 09:16.

Blog Entries
    Just want to say thanks to this thread just saved myself a few quid.

I have the old HD channel mix which includes the F1 and 2 multi-rooms so paying £68 per month. Rang yesterday and cancelled and was offered 25% off just the package not the multi-rooms, about £8 per month. I told them to complete the cancellation. So I log in this morning and message offered me 50% off, gave them a bell and negotiated 50% of the package 1/2 price multi-room on one box and £50 credited to the account.

Overall nice saving so thanks all for the heads up.

Master
    If you're really patient you'll get a 60% email too.

Craftsman
    Cancelled last week, App been saying 33% since but when logging in to the Sky website I now get 50%.

Think I will call them and try for the £50 credit too.

Great thread.

I got 50% off and £50 credit no probs.

I'd been following this thread as my tv deal was due up this month. I was paying £30 for the whole package including HD .
    I was informed by text that this month would see a rise to £80 .
    I called to cancel, was put through to the cancellation dept who eventually offered me the lot for £37 for another 12 months. It honestly didn't take too much and I wonder now what I could've held out for.
    Ah well, there's always next year!

Craftsman
    Cancelled last week, App been saying 33% since but when logging in to the Sky website I now get 50%.

Think I will call them and try for the £50 credit too.

Great thread.
    Just been on "chat" and managed to get it down to £35.75 a month and with £50 credit so not too bad. Crazy really bearing in mind what I was spending.

Time to put a reminder in my calendar for this time next year :)

Blog Entries
    Just given Sky notice to cancel my TV, phone, Internet etc! I have just got fed up of their greedy pricing, my bill is over £100 a month and I don't have movies or sport. Admittedly Sky is the best out there but by the time you have added tenners for HD, tenners for multi-room blah blah, the bill mounts up and up. For me it is not a question of affording it, I have just got to the point where I feel I am being ripped off and I have had enough and I am damned if I am playing Sky's stupid games, "Ring up every few weeks to see if you can get a better deal" etc, well stuff that nonsense!
    I am wondering about what to replace now and where but one thing is for sure, I will not be going anywhere near BT!
    Last edited by KavKav; 2nd July 2016 at 08:00.

Craftsman
    I ditched Sky very recently after 20+ years of custom....best decision I've made recently tbh - almost a liberating experience! I've now got a freesat box and went to BT for broadband, telephone & (2 x Sim-only) mobile and have the BT Sports app.

Going via Quidco, I'm getting £195 cashback from Quidco, I've already received a £130 prepaid card from BT along with £80 of Amazon vouchers. No ongoing charges for freesat and half-price Broadband for 12 months (on a 12 month contract).

Quote Originally Posted by KavKav View Post
    Just given Sky notice to cancel my TV, phone, Internet etc! I have just got fed up of their greedy pricing, my bill is over £100 a month and I don't have movies or sport. Admittedly Sky is the best out there but by the time you have added tenners for HD, tenners for multi-room blah blah, the bill mounts up and up. For me it is not a question of affording it, I have just got to the point where I feel I am being ripped off and I have had enough and I am damned if I am playing Sky's stupid games, "Ring up every few weeks to see if you can get a better deal" etc, well stuff that nonsense!
    I am wondering about what to replace now and where but one thing is for sure, I will not be going anywhere near BT!
    Get your broadband set up and then just use your sky boxes for free view

If you want the added channels of sports and movies etc, just get a Kodi stick that's been doctored - yes I know it's not legal but frankly I know vipers use them lol
    You can move them around the house, take them on holiday etc

No ongoing costs and an outlay of £35 for the stick
    Lots of tutorials on how to do it or buy one of eBay or gumtree

Blog Entries
    Get your broadband set up and then just use your sky boxes for free view

If you want the added channels of sports and movies etc, just get a Kodi stick that's been doctored - yes I know it's not legal but frankly I know vipers use them lol
    You can move them around the house, take them on holiday etc

No ongoing costs and an outlay of £35 for the stick
    Lots of tutorials on how to do it or buy one of eBay or gumtree
    Thanks for the tips, we have 4 TV's which are pretty modern and I think they all have built-in Freeview. Re the sticks, I will pass on that as I would not use anything dodgy. S'cuse my ignorance but what on earth is a 'Viper' as far as TV goes?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by KavKav View Post
    If you leave your options open for a while they'll still chase you. I got an email again yesterday offering 60% off ANY tv package plus £100 credit. So if you just get Kodi for a while you can just get Sky back when they offer something worthwhile. Looks like you were paying way over the odds to start with tbh

Journeyman
    Just sign up again under your missus name for 1/2 price for a year.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Collective911 View Post
    Just sign up again under your missus name for 1/2 price for a year.
    Thanks for the tip but I really do not think I will bother. I am very pissed off with sky's predatory pricing policy and endless price increases. £100+ a month without movies and sports was the point where I started thinking 'stuff this'!

Richards link above works if your contract has expired. I logged in 24 hours after my subscription had ended and the 60% off plus £25 credit was available. Full package was £32 but looking at the small print an additional compulsory £6 charge is applicable for HD on both the movie and sport channel. Think I will still have a break mind...........

Master
    Blog Entries
    Cancelled my Sky account just this minute, they offered me jack $hit no offers nano. I have had an account since 1988 when I had it installed for the Bruno Tyson fight. They can go and kiss my Ar$e.

Install the sky service app and the offers will show up there

Quote Originally Posted by SteveR View Post
    If you leave your options open for a while they'll still chase you. I got an email again yesterday offering 60% off ANY tv package plus £100 credit. So if you just get Kodi for a while you can just get Sky back when they offer something worthwhile. Looks like you were paying way over the odds to start with tbh
    Was this the first mail / offer you got?

I've just cancelled mine today and will see what they come up with on the app

I couldn't go through all the grief with the broadband and phone but they gave me free broadband for a year which saves me nigh on £100.

Would I have been better off cancelling that too and seeing what they would give me?

They made an offer on the phone of £93 for everything (currently paying £112).

Master
    First they went with 25% on the phone, then 35% online. Then it was 50% on their website and the sky service app. Now I get the odd email and even a letter today asking me to go back. It was purely for TV. I do kind of regret leaving sky broadband - I never had an issue but after switching to BT it's just not as fast

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Pubdweller View Post
    Was this the first mail / offer you got?

I've just cancelled mine today and will see what they come up with on the app

I couldn't go through all the grief with the broadband and phone but they gave me free broadband for a year which saves me nigh on £100.

Would I have been better off cancelling that too and seeing what they would give me?

They made an offer on the phone of £93 for everything (currently paying £112).

I'll also add I went past a Sky stall at a shopping centre the day after I left and she said the standard offer from them is 50% off if you rejoin 48 hours after being disconnected.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveR View Post
    First they went with 25% on the phone, then 35% online. Then it was 50% on their website and the sky service app. Now I get the odd email and even a letter today asking me to go back. It was purely for TV. I do kind of regret leaving sky broadband - I never had an issue but after switching to BT it's just not as fast
    Thanks. I'd heard so many horror stories about BT I just didn't want to take the risk and have the aggro of having to port the number over

I guess I've just been getting fed up with Sky losing a lot of sport (champions league, prem rugby) and putting the charges up because of what they paid for the premiership. Even more of the boxing is PPV now rather than being the exception.

I'll hold out for the 60%

Master
    Finally called today and after 25% off on the phone just logged in and now 50% but the phone and broadband is where I'd like a good deal as currently have it all as one package. But they said they would start to cancel the tv but phone and broadband would be separate and active until I find another supplier.

Master
    You can give your notice on the phone and broadband but it's normally kept on til the new provider takes over. When we switched to BT, the Sky line stayed on and we were only offline the 5 minutes it took me to switch routers

Quote Originally Posted by bloater View Post
    Finally called today and after 25% off on the phone just logged in and now 50% but the phone and broadband is where I'd like a good deal as currently have it all as one package. But they said they would start to cancel the tv but phone and broadband would be separate and active until I find another supplier.
    Where did you get 50%? On the Sky service app?

Mine is still showing 35% and I cancelled Friday

re phone / broadband the most I could get was free broadband which saved me £7.50 a month. Not sure if I'd have got more by initiating the cancellation for that

My 50% off deal was on the homepage of My Account on the Sky website. Remained there for the duration of the cancellation period.

Let them switch you off and use the link that "Richard" posted above. If you are a returning customer you get 60% off any Sky package (basic is £9 instead of £22 and the top package £32 instead of £80. You also get a £25.00 credit.

Note HD is compulsory for movies and sports so an additional £6 per month.

Used the link for my parents and they were reconnected within 24 hours.

Master
    Yes my discount was on the app.
    Used quidco for a new phone and broadband deal so it will work out around £20 pm for fibre compared to £30+ pm currently with Sky for standard broadband and it's only a 12 month contract.

Well, finally received my call from sky after they'd annoyed me by using an auto dialler for the past 2 weeks cutting me off each time I answered because there were no agents ready

the upshot is they will reduce the package to £52 from £80. To my mind it's still 35% which is what the app said. I politely declined
    Last edited by Pubdweller; 18th July 2016 at 23:16.

Are you ready?

Just rang sky as a month to go until my offer expires for the year

I'm pretty sunup paying £25 for the full pack with all sports and movies etc but am going to cancel

I speak to the guy and he asks why
    I tell him I don't watch it

Yadda yadda

He says what would I pay etc

I said about £15 and laughed as ones he couldn't
    He asks to give him a min and I tell him dump the movies if it helps

So he says "how does £14-70 sound"

Deal done

Everything except two crap movie channels for £14-70

Top that
    No need to go to the app etc all done with a nice chat

Cheers sky and more fool anybody who pays more these days

Hey SW
    Sorry you pay £25 for the full package ?,

Cheers

Wayne

Master
    I've just served notice on mine as my 50% off to runs out next month and I'm going from £62 to close to £115 as of next month so let's see what they come back with ibe got full package he broadband multi room etc well see what they go,e back to me with me in 2 months when it cuts off as they only offered me 50% tv again for 10 months thus keeping it at £60 ish and I think I can do better I'll keep you posted

My 60% off runs out in September.

Popped on live chat today, skipped the whole I'm cancelling mullarky and just said can you do me a deal as other one finishing. Offered the 30% for 5yrs but said I wanted similar to what I have, so just been given the 60% again.

Happy with that

Update: my deal was ending on 8th August. I'd received 35% offer via the app and then a couple of days ago got the 50% deal via a paid for ad. Couldn't get an account credit (maybe just my crap negotiating skills)

The upshot is I now pay £66 all in as opposed to £115. Broadband free for a year but still need to pay full line rental /anytime call package

thanks to everyone for the advice

Master
    I settled for 50% off but got an upgrade to free fibre with free activation and free install, so all in all I'm happy. It's just a shame you have to the dance on a yearly basis.

Quote Originally Posted by arthurDALEY View Post
    Hey SW
    Sorry you pay £25 for the full package ?,

Cheers

Wayne

No I now pay £14-70 !!!!!!

Master
    No I now pay £14-70 !!!!!!
    Do you work for Sky?

If not, what do you get (exactly) for £15?

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    Do you work for Sky?

If not, what do you get (exactly) for £15?

Haha yes i"m struggling with the £25.00 let alone the £14.70 !!
    The secret of my success is !?

Cheers

Wayne

Master
    A mate of mine has just started working for Sky, so I can (soon) get his friends and family deals, which aren't close to £25 right now.

Quote Originally Posted by arthurDALEY View Post
    Haha yes i"m struggling with the £25.00 let alone the £14.70 !!
    The secret of my success is !?

Cheers

Wayne

I DID pay £25 for the full package - this was a sixty per cent off deal

Then I called as a month to go on my contract and said I'm cancelling

He asked why was it money
    I said not really I just don't watch it so don't think worth paying

He said is there anything I did watch etc
    I said no need to waste time reducing channels as I get the £25 full month deal and he would never top that and I wasn't willing to pay it

Again we chatted and I said that he can look at the offers he has (he'd offered) but there's no way he'd better what I had

He came back a few mins later to chat again
    I said if it helped we can dump the two movie channels as they are poo which he agreed

So how does £14-70 sound he said???

For EVERY channel bar movies

Yes I took it there and then

Done

I think it's unbeatable
    No messing with apps or chat
    Just got a decent guy in detentions
    No £50 credit etc as clearly they've used that to bring the price down etc

It's the deal of the decade
    Movies etc I use my Kodi stick

I don't even have my phone with them and it wasn't even mentioned