closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,050 of 1344

Thread: Cancelled My Sky TV

Binned Sky. No sport for the foreseeable makes it daft; Freeview, You Tube, Netflix, etc, is more than enough.

Our Sky Q Sport and Cinema full package ended yesterday because we didn't like the idea of a £94 a month price point...

....the lack of Sky Sports makes the decision not to renew a lot easier.

So today in anticipation of a potential lockdown here in London I've invested £24.99 into a Now TV 4K box and can currently sign up to a 6 month contract for Entertainment & Cinema for just £50.

That's less than £10 a month so feels like a no brainer with a few weeks of 'social distancing' coming up.

I wonder what the situation is for people who haggle a price on a 12 month basis. I've been doing that for years, but each year you are tied into a fresh 12 month contract. That runs out in June, but technically they are not delivering the service that I have subscribed to, the footie. I appreciate it's not their fault, but equally they are charging for a service that they are not delivering.

Anyone in a similar situation who has challenged Sky or Virgin etc about trying to get out of their contracts. Failing that I'll just have to wait until June time.

Just looked at my account following their last email. It's going up to £93 a month! Time to cancel or at least drop sports and movies!
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by smokey99 View Post
    Our Sky Q Sport and Cinema full package ended yesterday because we didn't like the idea of a £94 a month price point...

....the lack of Sky Sports makes the decision not to renew a lot easier.

So today in anticipation of a potential lockdown here in London I've invested £24.99 into a Now TV 4K box and can currently sign up to a 6 month contract for Entertainment & Cinema for just £50.

That's less than £10 a month so feels like a no brainer with a few weeks of 'social distancing' coming up.
    On vodafone - nowTV is free on the right packages (I pay £18 with cashback for money).

Journeyman
    I live in a flat without proper TV - just streaming. It's great. It's possible to watch normal channels (via iPlayer, etc.) but it encourages me to watch what I want to watch, rather than just mindlessly flicking.

Obviously, I've cancelled all the sports stuff.

Master
    I’ve just read that Sky are allowing people to ’pause’
    Sky Sports subscriptions if you call them.
    Last edited by Davidd; 17th March 2020 at 22:20. Reason: Wrong

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidd View Post
    Big of them, really big!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by KavKav View Post
    Big of them, really big!
    Ha, yeah i suppose you’re right! I’ve never been a subscriber, used to prefer to watch footie with a couple of pints with friends rather than cough to Murdoch.

I'm currently paying £68 per month for everything apart from box sets and have superfast broadband without the free calls.

even that seems like too much given how crap the content is- Netflix has really thrown into focus how little value for money Sky provides.

Regarding the deals , when I renewed I was told these change from month to month, I guess given how desperate they are to hit churn targets etc.

it does seem that the new owner massively overpaid for Sky and is keen to rinse as much out of their customer base as possible

so we have to sit on the phone for ages waiting to speak to some muppet rather than them just doing it.

Master
    Not quite true...they will let you cancel and not charge a cancellation fee if you are in contract...if you are on a good deal they may not let you rejoin at the same price.

Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    so we have to sit on the phone for ages waiting to speak to some muppet rather than them just doing it.
    Not any more! Sky are no longer taking telephone calls - just a message telling callers that they are short staffed and thus not taking calls! No options to cancel sport, movies or indeed the sky service in total on-line! What is one expected to do, cancel the direct debit?
    Best Regards - Peter

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Griswold View Post
    Not any more! Sky are no longer taking telephone calls - just a message telling callers that they are short staffed and thus not taking calls! No options to cancel sport, movies or indeed the sky service in total on-line! What is one expected to do, cancel the direct debit?
    Just be on and as usual it’s the wait 1 hr at this time to talk to someone who cannot help and the message is there are no cancellations just the sports are on hold but will return at some point in the meantime soak it up or indeed just cancel your DD and wait for the fallout.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/co...t-coronavirus/
    Last edited by mart broad; 18th March 2020 at 16:06.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Just be on and as usual it’s the wait 1 hr at this time to talk to someone who cannot help and the message is there are no cancellations just the sports are on hold but will return at some point in the meantime soak it up or indeed just cancel your DD and wait for the fallout.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/co...t-coronavirus/
    You managed to get through to someone then Mart? I just get the message and the the call automatically cuts off at their end!
    Best Regards - Peter

Can’t see me cancelling sky if gonna be housebound

Blog Entries
    Update
    phoned 03300412509 got through to an operator and put my Sky sports package on hold until we hopefully get normal service resumed the rest of the package remains as per normal,i also have BT sport via Plusnet and just cancelled until back to normal.
    Last edited by mart broad; 18th March 2020 at 17:09.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Update
    phoned 03300412509 got through to an operator and put my Sky sports package on hold until we hopefully get normal service resumed the rest of the package remains as per normal,i also have BT sport via Plusnet and just cancelled until back to normal.
    Just called them and in queue - I assume they reduced your monthly fee?

Master
    I cancelled mine this morning with o cancellation fee and ill renew if/once sport kicks back in

I called Sky on Monday to change my package. I’ve been a customer for more than 15 years so am classed as a Diamond VIP in their app. When I called I got through without waiting. I said I wanted to cancel all TV as it was costing my £65.50 for a legacy pack with all channels in HD, multiscreen (which I only used on an iPad as we only have 1 TV) and Formula 1 (no sports or movies). I was also paying £52.99 for broadband, phone and evening and weekend calls.

They offered me a new package with the same broadband, phone and calls and the same TV without F1 and multiscreen for a total of £48 per month, a saving of £71.99 per month. The new price includes the April price rise too. I accepted this offer.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gavsw20 View Post
    Just called them and in queue - I assume they reduced your monthly fee?
    Yes by the sports package which suited me.

Managed to get through. Really helpful guy, cancelled movies and sport, saving £26 a month. Looking to move broadband and calls from BT to them which should save a further £45 a month.
    Best Regards - Peter

Craftsman
    Heads up here re sky sports.

If you go on the My Sky app there is a PAUSE SKY SPORTS option which allows you to pause within seconds. I’ve just done it about 5mins ago.

If you go on the My Sky app there is a PAUSE SKY SPORTS option which allows you to pause within seconds. I’ve just done it about 5mins ago.
    Must be a new thing then. No such option the other day.
    Best Regards - Peter

Master
    Yep, just did the pause sports too. Nice touch from Sky (although they really had no choice and they will start charging again soon as sports starts). Also cancelled BT saving another £25 per month. They made that effective with immediate effect, again a nice touch as you usually need to give 1 month notice.

To note, the Sky Sports channels will continue to work whilst the pause is effective (although probably without any live sport!)

Craftsman
    Thanks for the heads up.

It was really easy, just opened the app on the I Pad and it was advertised and with once click it was paused until the sports resume. 👍

Blog Entries
    Hmm don't see it in My Sky app, is this where you are seeing the pause option?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ~dadam02~ View Post
    Hmm don't see it in My Sky app, is this where you are seeing the pause option?
    I can't see it either??

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ENES View Post
    I can't see it either??
    Just paused it via this link :-
    www.sky.com/pausesports

me neither

using the android app

Craftsman
    I would make sure you have the most recent version of the “My Sky” app downloaded.

Sign in and this should be displayed on the home screen allowing you to click it and pause Sky Sports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a bugger then! When I finally got through to them they told me I couldn't pause it, only cancel - which I did. They also said that whilst I was currently getting a discount, (£13/month), I would probably lose that if I chose to have Sky Sport back in the future!

As a Diamond customer that is making me VERY unhappy!
    Best Regards - Peter

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Griswold View Post
    That's a bugger then! When I finally got through to them they told me I couldn't pause it, only cancel - which I did. They also said that whilst I was currently getting a discount, (£13/month), I would probably lose that if I chose to have Sky Sport back in the future!

As a Diamond customer that is making me VERY unhappy!
    Could be worth a call back if you can be bothered. They should sort it out for you.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

They are being outrageous ..... why would anyone want to pay for sports .... the should automatically take the charges off for everyone. My 83 year old FIL will struggle to navigate the app and won’t want to make a long phone call. Why are they making people opt in to opt out as it were

There are a lot of businesses that are showing their true colours and will pay for their actions. Branson and Stelios well up there .... t**ts

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dandanthewatchman View Post
    They are being outrageous ..... why would anyone want to pay for sports .... the should automatically take the charges off for everyone. My 83 year old FIL will struggle to navigate the app and won’t want to make a long phone call. Why are they making people opt in to opt out as it were

There are a lot of businesses that are showing their true colours and will pay for their actions. Branson and Stelios well up there .... t**ts

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    I asked that question when I eventually got through on the phone. Their lame excuse was that it is a contract amendment so requires a form of request from the customer! Even though the price is coming down! I note they don't need my contact for their April price rise!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Master
    Paused mine yesterday so thanks for the post. As mentioned it should be automatic.
    I will post a separate thread to make it more visible.

Master
    Shame on BT Sport for not also offering the option to pause your subscription.

Master
    Those who say you don’t lose the discount you might have, I was told you end your Sky sports contract by pausing it.
    When the footy, F1 etc start again you need another sky sports contract & this has to be negotiated?
    At present I pay either £16 or £19 for all sports inc HD pack & ultimate Q pack this is currently A huge saving from the advertised £42 price.

Just cut sky package to basic as it was costing a small fortune for not very much.
    What’s everyone using for tv if you haven’t got sky.....

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Chukas View Post
    Just cut sky package to basic as it was costing a small fortune for not very much.
    What’s everyone using for tv if you haven’t got sky.....
    Freesat for quite a few years now. All you’ll need is a new box and connect it to your existing satellite dish. Not missed sky at all, certainly not missed the yearly negotiation.

https://www.freesat.co.uk/
    Last edited by oiljam; 21st May 2020 at 15:49.

We're paying £89 for Virgin. Called them this lunchtime to get it down. The non UK call centre was very rude and offered £5 off. Got through to someone in the UK who couldn't care less but offered us £54 to drop the TV and keep the test the same. Asked about the special offer for £34 for the first few months and got told BRAND NEW CUSTOMERS ONLY in almost a shout and then he took our cancellation without even trying to save. Will see if there are better offers next week when a different advisor isn't having such a bad day. Staying with virgin due to speed. Hyperoptic not yet in our postcode.

Now TV looks pretty good, anyone got it, good and bad points.....

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    We're paying £89 for Virgin. Called them this lunchtime to get it down. The non UK call centre was very rude and offered £5 off. Got through to someone in the UK who couldn't care less but offered us £54 to drop the TV and keep the test the same. Asked about the special offer for £34 for the first few months and got told BRAND NEW CUSTOMERS ONLY in almost a shout and then he took our cancellation without even trying to save. Will see if there are better offers next week when a different advisor isn't having such a bad day. Staying with virgin due to speed. Hyperoptic not yet in our postcode.
    Virgin is poor up with us, as good as Sky is, it’s just too much for what it is.

Craftsman
    Went through the renew process last week albeit I’ve been out of contract just over a month. Got it down to £68 for everything except kids channel 3 weeks ago, called them again and down to £63 for 18 months/ tv only with multi room but no kids channel (is cheaper than £63 whilst sport is down)

I can’t recall the last time I watched BBC. Kinda pisses me off to have to pay the tv licence. I feel similar with Sky. Have cancelled sports now and tbh can see me canceling the whole thing

Cancelled My Sky TV

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    I can’t recall the last time I watched BBC. Kinda pisses me off to have to pay the tv licence. I feel similar with Sky. Have cancelled sports now and tbh can see me canceling the whole thing
    If you didn’t pay the licence you wouldn’t be able to watch anything. You’’’d have no TV

My BT subscription is due for renewal soon. It’ll be interesting to see what they come up with. I only have for football.

Last edited by vRSG60; 21st May 2020 at 16:54.

Craftsman
    After over 20 years with Sky i have finally given them the push and gone with BT, already had their fibre but now have the basic TV (now) with movies and box sets, phone and broadband with HD and Netflix and i’m saving over £80 a month

Fitting June 15th,

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by J3w3ll3r View Post
    After over 20 years with Sky i have finally given them the push and gone with BT, already had their fibre but now have the basic TV (now) with movies and box sets, phone and broadband with HD and Netflix and i’m saving over £80 a month

Fitting June 15th,

You will be begging Sky to take you back within three months.
    Cannot see me ever returning to BT, left three years ago & not looked back.
    Have full Sky package & never once had to call there help line, unlike BTsport.
    Sit down to watch Moto GP or Prem footy, get error messages. Good luck getting any sense from the help numbers as my dog has more understanding of the system than them.

Grand Master
    i renewed sky a couple of months ago and have the full sky tv package for £36 a month, sports, movies, box sets, hd+ etc etc. i had the online chat and got offered nothing, they then rang me up a few days later with the offer. it's £30 at the moment as sky sports is paused until the footy restarts then it's back to £36.
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Blog Entries
    Sky at the mo is £42.00 inc of Q multi room, box sets inc netflix, no kids no cinema and at this time no sports ,will argue the sports if and when we get back to normal.BT sports via Plusnet £12.49 pm comes down via the Sky box again cancelled now.
    The missus likes the Sky format if it were me i tell them to stick it just not watching TV at this time anyway when we resume EPL football let the games begin

Oh and BTW avoid BT
    Last edited by mart broad; 21st May 2020 at 21:39.