closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 951 to 1,000 of 1344

Thread: Cancelled My Sky TV

Grand Master
    caved in at £38 for the full tv package plus a new hd+ box and sky dish with free fitting. not entirely happy with myself but it really does seem that the days of mega discounts are gone for now
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

With discounts expiring our Virgin Media has gone up from under £90 to £130 so I phoned them up for a moan yesterday and to ask them to re-apply the discounts to be told I could have £9 off for the next 12 months. So I told them that wasn't good enough and to cancel which will take effect in 30 days.

We have:
    • 'Full House' TV with Sky Sports but not Movies - I'd happily cut back on TV but if I gave up Sky Sports I'd spend more in the pub than the cost of the subscription
    • 200MB broadband - on the face of it, I'd say we need this (with three teenagers in the house) but it wasn't all that long ago that Virgin's max here was 50MB and we coped with that so we'd obviously be able to survive on the 70MB that BT reckon they can give me.
    • Landline - that we barely use but is bundled with the TV and broadband so it would cost us more to not have the landline

Anyone played this game with Virgin recently?
    When did they get back to you (assuming they did)? Was the retention off any good?

18 days into my cancelation and no call back, i played this game the last time, got I think roughly £10 off last time, so will wait and see, i was only on 200Mbs broad band with no extras and discount ended, so it was going up by £17 a month, so looking to go over to Three home broadband as I am getting around 65Mbs in the house and for £21 a month I will be happy with that

Craftsman
    My bill jumped back up to £85 again a couple of months ago so its time I made the call. Really need to get %50 off. Here's hoping.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    With discounts expiring our Virgin Media has gone up from under £90 to £130 so I phoned them up for a moan yesterday and to ask them to re-apply the discounts to be told I could have £9 off for the next 12 months. So I told them that wasn't good enough and to cancel which will take effect in 30 days.

We have:
    • 'Full House' TV with Sky Sports but not Movies - I'd happily cut back on TV but if I gave up Sky Sports I'd spend more in the pub than the cost of the subscription
    • 200MB broadband - on the face of it, I'd say we need this (with three teenagers in the house) but it wasn't all that long ago that Virgin's max here was 50MB and we coped with that so we'd obviously be able to survive on the 70MB that BT reckon they can give me.
    • Landline - that we barely use but is bundled with the TV and broadband so it would cost us more to not have the landline

When did they get back to you (assuming they did)? Was the retention off any good?

Why not get one of the other family members to take out a new deal?

I pay £23 sky (inc spirts but no movies)
    £23 virgin fibre.

I’m tight so will bin the fibre

I get 8gb on my phone for £7.50 with sky and have loads left each month

We have:

I phoned Virgin last week as our discounted 'VIP' bundle (Full House inc. movies & sport, landline & unlimited calls, 320 meg BB) expires at the start of July. Asked if the deal could be rolled over & was told it couldn't. What I could get (for the same £95 cost as currently) was the same TV & telephone package, an upgrade to 500 meg BB & a free SIM card with unlimited calls, text & data. It's called the 'Oomph' package. May be worth calling back & enquiring about it...
    ______

​Jim.

We have:

When did they get back to you (assuming they did)? Was the retention offer any good?
    Just had the call. Keeping everything we currently have:
    • All TV inc. Sports but not Sky Movies
    • 200MB Broadband
    • Landline with 'Talk Anytime'
    • An additional TIVO box

for £61. This was their first offer and I probably should have pushed for more but, honestly, I'm very happy with it so just took it.
    Same again next year then...

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    My Virgin Media VIP package negotiated last December was £84.75 with landline rental paid in advance, I read about their Ultimate Oomph package which upgrades my BB to 500mb and throws in an unlimited Calls, Texts and Data SIM for £80 a month, phoned up and they changed me over with no problems which I think is a bit of a bargain considering the unlimited data SIM is £27 on it’s own.

It also includes 2 V6 boxes, Sky Sports HD and Cinema, BT Sport UHD, anytime landline calls
    Last edited by wjkerfoot; 23rd June 2019 at 18:29.

Master
    Well i was getting ready for my yearly battle with sky and on checking my account they seem to be offering me the same discount 50% off full sports and ent package without even asking.

I can only see my next three future bills and i have not had an email,text or letter with any offers.

Seems strange and as anyone else had this.

I have been with them 16 years and had the 50% offer for last 8 so maybe i have worn them down.

Mark

Craftsman
    My Sky account just gone back up to £100 pcm which is crazy money.

Let's see how the annual haggling goes this time around.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by gavsw20 View Post
    My Sky account just gone back up to £100 pcm which is crazy money.

Let's see how the annual haggling goes this time around.
    Same here.
    Let us know how you get on.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post
    Same here.
    Let us know how you get on.
    How do people get these really cheap deals including Q?

Our Sky got to the end of it’s contract and duly jumped up to £99.50pm!! We have movies, sport etc, 2 Q boxes, no broadband.

We’ve been with them for around 14 years, Mrs C got straight on the case... after initially offering her a deal at £76 plus a £20 admin fee, she beat them down to £64 per month with no admin fee (had to pay it but credited straight back to the account)

Still a lot of money... and there’s never anything on it... the movies might go as I do get bored with them, that will save another £11 pm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I cancelled mine almost a month ago (08th July), only basic package - Entertainment, HD and Multiroom was £26 now £45.
    They have tried to call me but I have blocked their calls, got sent 2 Emails offers reducing the price to £33 and had to get back to them by 17th then 24th July.
    Today 01st Aug got an offer by post new price £29 which the offer will be withdrawn on the 04th Aug, I can't see them going any lower now.

Craftsman
    Cancelled Virgin on monday,

Package consisted:-

Basic TV
    200 MB Broadband
    2 x Tivo Boxes
    Talk Anytime on landline all costing £72.67

Received a call yesterday offering

Full TV package including HD and Sky/BT sports (No Movies as not interested)
    200 MB Broadband
    2 x Tivo Boxes
    Talk Anytime on landline

All for £63 after a bit of haggling

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by g40steve View Post
    How do people get these really cheap deals including Q?
    By calling them up and threatening to leave. It's the game you have to play every two years or so.

Blog Entries
    Just received the Now TV offer for sky sports 1 year pass for £199.

z

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Just received the Now TV offer for sky sports 1 year pass for £199.

z
    I got that too. Last year I think I paid £120? But I did start it later though.

Craftsman
    My 18 month contract has just run out so I've done the dance with Sky again.
    I had the full Sky+ HD Multiroom TV package (sports, cinema, box sets etc) with fibre BB. In contract I was paying £99 out of contract it went up to £140.

After speaking to customer services and being offered a small discount I threatened to leave so off I went to the cancellation dept. I've done it all before so new the drill.
    I had a pleasant conversation with what sounded like a trainee as she was constantly talking to so someone beside her. Maybe this went in my favour and she was being show how to work out new offers.
    In the end I was offered Sky Q + 1 minibox with superfast BB for £91.

The breakdown:
    Super fast Broadband - £25
    Multiscreen - £13
    Sports - £20
    Entertainment - £20
    Box sets - £1
    HD - £1
    Cinema - £11
    Plus a couple of free of charge items.

These should have been a £30 admin and changeover fee but their system crashed and I had to hold on the phone for a while so they waived that for me as an apology.

Maybe I could have squeezed them more but as has been said on this thread before being pleasant with them pays off IMO and as I was thinking about moving to Q I'm quite happy with the new deal.

We have been with Sky for ages. The mother in law lives with us and watches the TV virtually all of the time.

However when she moved in she wanted sky cinema and sports. She hardly watches either as she only likes F1 and that’s on normal tv most of the time and we have Netflix and Amazon prime for movies. Also if we want to watch something we can just buy it on Sky, Amazon or Google if we can’t find something to watch together.

Out of contract we were paying -£140 for Sky Q with 4 boxes ,Sky cinema, Fibre plus and talk anytime. Taking out cinema and sports got that down to just over £110.

Did the regular Merry dance with cancellations and got it down to £70. Plus they added Netflix for less than going direct and halved my sons Sky mobile contract.

So we are all happy with that. Just a shame you have to go through the process every time. But I guess it’s no different from car insurance and lots of other subscriptions.

Best advice is be calm and friendly but stick your ground. Don’t bother with the special offers team or whatever they are called just go straight to cancellation team

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

check the expiry dates for the TV package and then the Broadband, I took them all out at the same time yet have just discovered that the finish on different dates, very sneaky.

I think they changed then on the renewal, suddenly six month difference, time to go to virgin.

Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    check the expiry dates for the TV package and then the Broadband, I took them all out at the same time yet have just discovered that the finish on different dates, very sneaky.

I think they changed then on the renewal, suddenly six month difference, time to go to virgin.
    They do the same for line rental and broadband too, ie different dates.

It is another fiddle to charge a few extra pounds here and there, wherever they can grab it.

Craftsman
    After several years of paying full price for multiroom and full movies sports package I decided to cancel my sky package. After a long discussion with retention i said no its too much., at which point sky said keep the same package for nothing for a period of 12 months, which they then subsequently gave another 6 months for free. Apparently, at the time they didnt want to loose subscribers due to advertising revenue. Once the free subscription ended they fixed me on a 5 year deal. So all in all i pay £70 per month for movies, sports, fibre broadband, phone line and multiroom hd. Once the deal ends in 12 months or so, i will see what is offered.

Im actually surprised by the deal i have, as i dont know of others who have it. It may have just been the deal that was offered a few years ago and things may have changed.

Master
    My contract ends in Feb 20, so checked out what was available by the Black Friday deals.
    Was paying £90pm, Entertainment, HD pack, All HD sports pack, Cinema, box sets, fibre max & evening/weekend calls pack & line rental.

Renegotiated, Entertainment, Netflix, Sky Q 2tb + multi room,box sets, complete sports pack, Cinema, super fast fibre, all calls anytime, line rental £82.

Nice upgrade to UHD & some extras for slightly less per month.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I just bought a year of sky cinema and entertainment from now tv for £99, great deal!

Quote Originally Posted by pete-r View Post
    I just bought a year of sky cinema and entertainment from now tv for £99, great deal!
    Even better with Tesco Clubcard vouchers.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pete-r View Post
    Just bought the same thing

Grand Master
    just put the cancellation notice in, let the yearly tango begin!
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Master
    For the last 2 years Sky have emailed me to say they are keeping me on the same deal for another year and it’s been excellent to be fair. Deal just finished and nothing this time. Phoned up but the offer wasn’t good so have given notice. Not so sure they will contact me as that was two weeks ago.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    For the last 2 years Sky have emailed me to say they are keeping me on the same deal for another year and it’s been excellent to be fair. Deal just finished and nothing this time. Phoned up but the offer wasn’t good so have given notice. Not so sure they will contact me as that was two weeks ago.
    The final retention team is in Derby look out for a 01332 number calling.

For anybody with 𝘯𝘰𝘸 TV movies

Go onto your account and cancel it
    It will ask are you sure

It will then offer it for £2.40 a month....

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweepinghand View Post
    For anybody with 혯혰호 TV movies

Go onto your account and cancel it
    It will ask are you sure

It will then offer it for £2.40 a month....
    Note that if you've just come to the end of one of these offers...they do just let you cancel without offering anything more.

Journeyman
    I pay £63.50 per month for: Sky Movies, Sky Box sets and Sky Sports.

Had some issue booking the fight so called them up...Issue resolved in seconds. Customer services then offer me the Sky Q for free with free installation.

Can't grumble with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sausage View Post

Had some issue booking the fight so called them up...Issue resolved in seconds. Customer services then offer me the Sky Q for free with free installation.

Can't grumble with that.
    A woman I work with pays £12 a month for not one but two boxes in their house

Every single channel from sky

Totally illegal - but I’d grumble....

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Sausage View Post

Can't grumble with that.
    oh, that's pretty expensive. I agree that sky's customer service is pretty good. Another day I had an issue with my broadband, just called them and it was fixed within seconds remotely.

I cancelled our Sky TV (single room) & Fibre BB package in August. It was £102 per month for all channels which I couldn't justify.
    They didn't really try and rescue me and let me walk.

Managed to go cold turkey for a few months but after some pressure from the family I caved in during black friday offer and committed to an 18 month Sky Q TV deal at £51.50 per month plus multi-room and including netflix. 18 month contract.
    I can cancel my Netflix at £9 per month which means it is £42.51 per month.

Gets installed tomorrow.

interestingly in the small print, Sky can increase up to 10% per year - which I am pretty damn sure they will during the life of the contract.

Master
    I gave notice a month ago and my sky stops tomorrow and those dirty hounds haven’t contacted me to try and keep me - Sky 1 Devonian 0

I’ve got sky Q and wonder whether it all turns off or whether I can still watch things like sky news etc? They have said I’ll have to send the equipment back but so far they’ve not sent me the packaging to return it in.

I have a lot of stuff recorded for my 3 year old and it keeps the peace . . . . . I see Sky getting a call from me in the next few hours - Sky 2 Devonian 0 :-(

Craftsman
    I gave notice a month ago and my sky stops tomorrow and those dirty hounds haven’t contacted me to try and keep me - Sky 1 Devonian 0

I’ve got sky Q and wonder whether it all turns off or whether I can still watch things like sky news etc? They have said I’ll have to send the equipment back but so far they’ve not sent me the packaging to return it in.

I have a lot of stuff recorded for my 3 year old and it keeps the peace . . . . . I see Sky getting a call from me in the next few hours - Sky 2 Devonian 0 :-(
    In your sky account, have you agreed to them contacting you?
    It used to be the case unless you had ticked the phone/email/letter boxes, then you wouldn't hear from them.

Master

They really do expect it back. Happened to me when I moved house. I did send it all back. Including remotes! They contacted me a month later to fine me as they hadn't received it. Then applied a fine a couple of months later. Luckily I kept the proof if postage and they then wrote it off when I emailed this to them. A pain!!

Their retention team certainly don't seem to have the offers they used to from my recent experience.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Master
    Well I called and got everything (Sky Q, multi room, HD, sports, movies, box sets, kids, phone and broadband) for £76 for 18 months. Last deal was about £66 which I had for 3 years so can’t complain too much. My son uses it on his laptop at Uni in France he told me earlier so that swung it.

Master
    Well I called and got everything (Sky Q, multi room, HD, sports, movies, box sets, kids, phone and broadband) for £76 for 18 months. Last deal was about £66 which I had for 3 years so can’t complain too much. My son uses it on his laptop at Uni in France he told me earlier so that swung it.
    Not bad. I am paying around 73.50 for the same but without the movies and potentially without the box sets (can't remember) that is including the top fibre speed for broadband.

They did call recently to add back movies for around £4-5 a month but I declined.

Definitely more expensive than it used to be.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Master
    Given the amount of entertainment and film content Sky is about to lose/or has lost due to Disney+ Launch in March you should be in a fair argument to have a price decrease. See https://hexus.net/ce/news/entertainm...ws-sky-now-tv/

Craftsman
    Unless you want the sports, there isn't much for sky.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I’ll be making a call after new year ,my last bill was £95

Anyone had any joy with them dance’ recently?

I called last week, after asking to be put through to the cancellation team, they made an offer of approximately 27% off (circa £58 per month for TV, HD, Multiroom, Family & Movie packs). I said it wasn’t enough to keep me for another 18-months and cancelled. A week on and no offers have come through. Either they are playing hard to get and an offer may appear before the month is up OR the dance doesn’t work any more.

Anyone had any joy?

I am tempted to let it go... I have Netflix and watching less rubbish TV isn’t a bad thing.

Ditched Sky, saving 60 odd quid a month and get my sport through NowTV

Cancelled My Sky TV

Quote Originally Posted by reecie View Post
    Given the amount of entertainment and film content Sky is about to lose/or has lost due to Disney+ Launch in March you should be in a fair argument to have a price decrease. See https://hexus.net/ce/news/entertainm...ws-sky-now-tv/
    Think Disney and Sky have a deal in place, other streaming services will lose all Disney content

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SammyS View Post
    Just ditched Sky. £40 a month saved. They did offer to halve the subscription but I still cancelled. The box still works for freesat but no pause or record now. I am now considering getting a Firestick - just trying to figure out about it through Firestick website . Keep you posted on my experience with it.
    Many telliess you can now plug a usb hard drive in the back and it automatically adds a record facility to the OPG. It works very well on our 5 year old Sony which is amazing as in my experience Sony do excellent hardware and woeful software.

So Sky are still charging for Sky Sports, even though, erm, all sports are cancelled.

That’s nice of them.

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    So Sky are still charging for Sky Sports, even though, erm, all sports are cancelled.

That’s nice of them.
    I wondered about that as well if the stoppage goes on for a while, will they refund the F1 subscription, as i can see them getting away with the sports bundle as it doesn't specifically mention which sports