closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Cancelled My Sky TV

Hybrid View

Cancelled My Sky TV

So.....

I went online and chatted to a person, within seconds I got a call from a Scottish gentleman, very pleasant.

I am currently paying £87 per month for Sky TV and HD excluding Movies, and my phone line and broadband. I told him I wanted to cancel, he asked which service I would like to cancel which put me on the spot as I hadn't thought about my phone and internet. I just thought sod it! Cancel the lot please, He asked the normal questions about why I would like to cancel and I basically said affordability. He then asked me a closed question, "If I could reduce your payment would you be interested?" of which I replied yes! he. He went away and came back with £10 off, I said thank you but £2.50 a week discount is not going to change my mind.

So on the 18th January, I am going to be with out SKY TV, no phone line or internet lol.

Can anyone give me any good phone line and broadband options?

* I am hoping for a phone call to give me more of a discount, what should I be looking at, also I would like movies back on.

typical sky will call you back , offering either 35% off your bill and a samsung tablet to renew or 50% off everything without the tablet .

that's the deal I got offered a month or so back . Hang fire and stand firm the deal will come .

Quote Originally Posted by alanski View Post
    typical sky will call you back , offering either 35% off your bill and a samsung tablet to renew or 50% off everything without the tablet .

that's the deal I got offered a month or so back . Hang fire and stand firm the deal will come .
    What package are you on?

Quote Originally Posted by alanski View Post

Definitely. Call them , speak to someone else and say I don't want to leave, but £87PM is too much. I have the full package, I pay £70 PM. I Don't have phone or Internet, but multi room in 3 rooms.

You can really haggle with sky if you talk to the right person.

I'm on Plusnet for Internet and phone ( a BT company I believe ) and they have been very good ... Get NowTV for movies, never be as good as full on Sky movies but not bad..
    Cheers..
    Jase

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    I'm on Plusnet for Internet and phone ( a BT company I believe ) and they have been very good ... Get NowTV for movies, never be as good as full on Sky movies but not bad..
    That sounds interesting, could I ask how much are you paying a month?

I'm on Plusnet as well and pretty happy with their service.

Do Plusnet do fibre internet yet?

Quote Originally Posted by brigant View Post
    Do Plusnet do fibre internet yet?
    Yes they do. They have 2 packages depending on what download speeds you want.

Craftsman

result

Result - called to cancel and they halved the price!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kippax View Post
    So.....

I went online and chatted to a person, within seconds I got a call from a Scottish gentleman, very pleasant.

I am currently paying £87 per month for Sky TV and HD excluding Movies, and my phone line and broadband. I told him I wanted to cancel, he asked which service I would like to cancel which put me on the spot as I hadn't thought about my phone and internet. I just thought sod it! Cancel the lot please, He asked the normal questions about why I would like to cancel and I basically said affordability. He then asked me a closed question, "If I could reduce your payment would you be interested?" of which I replied yes! he. He went away and came back with £10 off, I said thank you but £2.50 a week discount is not going to change my mind.

So on the 18th January, I am going to be with out SKY TV, no phone line or internet lol.

* I am hoping for a phone call to give me more of a discount, what should I be looking at, also I would like movies back on.
    I did this recently as mine went up from the deal I was on at £18 a month up to full price at £36 we have the family bundle and just don't use it that much apart from game of thrones and walking dead and other dramas that they show and we use the box sets, if you keep logging into your account you should be offered a 50% discount and I was BUT I didn't feel it was enough so I spoke to two people at Sky to try and get more off but they wouldn't budge, so then after one phone call I went onto their live chat and I kept pushing away and got them down to £14.40 a month from £36 but I said £13 was where I wanted to be and she said she couldn't do that but she would do it at £14.40 and put a £20 credit onto my account which she did and this equates to around a 64% discount which I was happy with and that's what I got, but you will have to push and persevere but the deals are out there.

In my opinion I think Sky prices are far too expensive and a lot of people will be paying for things they just don't use but apathy takes over and they do nothing about it, for me Netflix at £6 a month is superb value.
    Last edited by andy armitage; 18th December 2015 at 14:05.

Contact them yourself in a week or two say you've received an email offering 60% off and £50 cashback. It worked for me during my cancellation in September (which I wanted to go through with but the wife was moaning)

Oh and do it by live chat if you can get on

Quote Originally Posted by senwar View Post
    Contact them yourself in a week or two say you've received an email offering 60% off and £50 cashback. It worked for me during my cancellation in September (which I wanted to go through with but the wife was moaning)

Will they just accept that? Even though I didn't get a email?

Will they just accept that? Even though I didn't get a email?
    They did with me, I didn't get one either.

I had been given an offer the week before (33% off for 5yrs) but turned it down. Then just chanced it!

Thanks for the tip, I'm going to cancel in Mar, will then phone a week or two later and try that!

They did with me, I didn't get one either.

I had been given an offer the week before (33% off for 5yrs) but turned it down. Then just chanced it!
    great effort well done on that, I will try that next week :)

Craftsman
    Leave it and they will contact you. Senwars deal seems good, I waited and got (and took) the 33% off for 5 years, I subsequently took out sky movies and got 33% off their already good deal

They will call back with further deals, it's a case of when to know you've reached your limit.
    Even once it's gone, if you haven't got a deal with another provider they'll be back in touch.
    In the meantime have a look for the Amazon firebox with 'cough cough' Kodi installed . Then you can happily make like a Nited fan and watch all your footy on TV :)

Master
    When I cancelled they didn't try to contact me at all but when I logged into my Sky account there was a 50% off offer there so don't assume they will contact you directly as in my case they didn't so you might have to be proactive with it.

Craftsman
    You can always get 50% discount as others have said - I cancel when my discount period is due to expire every year and without fail they eventually call and yield to 50% off quite quickly, at which point I accept. Likelihood is that they'd go further but that might require a few more minutes persuasion.

We've decided to give Now TV boxes a go for next year though, vouchers allowing 12 months of sky movies and 12 months of sky entertainment for the kids disney channels for a total of £100, and the PL and CL football is at no extra cost with our BT broadband.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    They will call back with further deals, it's a case of when to know you've reached your limit.
    Even once it's gone, if you haven't got a deal with another provider they'll be back in touch.
    In the meantime have a look for the Amazon firebox with 'cough cough' Kodi installed . Then you can happily make like a Nited fan and watch all your footy on TV :)
    Out of curiosity, do you go on citymancs?

Out of curiosity, do you go on citymancs?
    I don't , no.
    I've registered on Bluemoon but rarely post as it drives my blood pressure through the roof.
    I've discovered you can't talk to City fans about watches and you can't talk football to watch nerds :)

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    I don't , no.
    I've registered on Bluemoon but rarely post as it drives my blood pressure through the roof.
    I've discovered you can't talk to City fans about watches and you can't talk football to watch nerds :)
    Yeah Im on Bluemoon, Bluewatch and Citymancs

Blue moon you need a thick skin lol

Master
    Called up this morning to cancel the phone and broadband on top of the tv cancellation yesterday and informed that if I cancel then I will have a dead line for two weeks before BT can take it over. Said I should initiate the transfer from BT which is then a problem if I am looking for sky to come back with a better offer as I will already be committed elsewhere...

They mentioned the 50% discount and £50 cash back was from the win back team

Master
    Isn't there enough crap on Freeview to keep you amused? We don't have sky or any of the paid view services but there still seems to be enough rubbish on the 'free' channels to keep us going. Okay so the 'blockbuster' movies tend to be the 'blockbusters' from a couple of years back but I can live with that!

Quote Originally Posted by solwisesteve View Post
    Isn't there enough crap on Freeview to keep you amused? We don't have sky or any of the paid view services but there still seems to be enough rubbish on the 'free' channels to keep us going. Okay so the 'blockbuster' movies tend to be the 'blockbusters' from a couple of years back but I can live with that!
    This exactly. I've never paid extra to watch yet more crap. BBC licence fee is more than enough. There aren't enough hours in the day for me to watch tv anyway which probably explains my thoughts.

Master
    We've been on the Plusnet FTTC service for about 6-8 months now. Also calls/line inclusive. Took three bookings for the installation before someone turned up to actually DO the installation! Apart from that they're okay. FTTC is miles better than the old DSL though, tbh, for most things (email/web) you really don't notice much of a difference in speed. What you do notice though (in our case) was how stable the connection is. Oh and if anyone does any dodgy downloading then I'd expect that to be a lot faster on FTTC. We've gone for the starter 38meg speed and that's ample for us.

Quote Originally Posted by solwisesteve View Post
    Yep, this is what we did, ditched Sky, we now have Freesat, a NOW TV box with entertainment package, a Netflix and a Amazon subscription for a fraction of the price and have more than enough crap to watch..

Does the now tv entertainment package include fox, sky one etc?

So.....

They'll be back

They'll be back
    I have the full package for £25 a month that's sports and movies too
    My landline etc is with EE

Just stick it out - even let them cut it off
    You'll have a letter in about two weeks

Craftsman
    I did this a couple of weeks ago and got 60% off tv package plus £9.99 line rental & free broadband - all in with multiroom for £26pm
    - you might want to start to change the line (i went for talk talk, who have a 20 day cancellation) and no issues at all - as soon as they had informed sky they had been instructed to change the line supplier, sky caved pretty quick - i did it online on chat

Not trying to hijack the thread but I have just read that BBC1 are ditching F1 coverage next year due to the budget cuts. I now need to think about what it is worth to me, as the Sky Sports F1 channels can't be bought on their own (I believe) and were around £30 a month last time I looked. Pretty poor value just for F1 on a per race basis! But looks like ITV are taking over with adverts...
    Last edited by Gruntfuttock; 18th December 2015 at 20:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock View Post
    Not trying to hijack the thread but I have just read that BBC1 are ditching F1 coverage next year due to the budget cuts. I now need to think about what it is worth to me, as the Sky Sports F1 channels can't be bought on their own (I believe) and were around £30 a month last time I looked. Pretty poor value just for F1 on a per race basis! But looks like ITV are taking over with adverts...

Thats the one thing I really enjoyed with Sky the F1. I have been waiting to cancel Sky this time of the year so I didn't miss out on the F1. I never thought anyone could touch the BBC with the coverage but Sky beats it all over in my opinion.

Master
    Humax freesat recorder bought. Must say I'm impressed with the picture quality, it seems much sharper and brighter than Sky. Here's to free TV again, I hope it lasts.

Next will be my broadband and line rental but not till April, Plusnet seem to be the front runners at the minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweepinghand View Post
    They'll be back
    I have the full package for £25 a month that's sports and movies too
    My landline etc is with EE

Just stick it out - even let them cut it off
    You'll have a letter in about two weeks
    Alright mate! I am going with your strategy. £76 a month I pay and it is absurd. They hate my beloved Manchester City so I told them I was out and they can shove the Soccer Saturday City hate-in where the Sun doesn't shine...they said they'd call me back after the weekend to discuss options and I said I'd be prepared to listen. Crazy. I'm prepared to can them for 70 odd notes though as the offering is generally rubbish these days.

Master
    I currently pay £144 per month to Sky, think I better give them a stern call......

Cancelled My Sky TV

Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    I currently pay £144 per month to Sky, think I better give them a stern call......
    Ouch. What do you get for that? Pretty expensive is that.
    Last edited by Ukal; 8th January 2016 at 23:11.

For that I'd want Murdoch round my house washing my smalls. Jesus!

I cancelled my sky subscription, about three months later I got a call from them, I was offered free everything for 12 months, then I could continue or cancel, of course I said yes.

I wonder if them knowing I use virgin for broadband and phone makes a difference

Same here going to call tomorrow and cancel

If you can in your area, get Virgin optic broadband. It's as fast a f**k. Then pick up an Android TV box or an Amazon firestick and you should be good to go. I know I am.

Master
    if you live with someone take out sky again in their name for 12 months then cancel again and visa versa.

64 notes all in for me for 12 month introductory offer. Seems to be the going rate and what everyone I know pays. Look on quid co also if they have cash back offers going

Grand Master
    My Sky deal is up for renewal at the moment. Does anyone have a phone number to contact them on? Obviously they want to communicate via the website but I want to negotiate, and that'll involve a conversation.

Paul

Grand Master
    well i've just accepted 60% off for 12 months plus £100 cashback, bill now £15 a month and am just deciding if i should add sky sports for £11 a month.....holding out really does work! interestingly this offer wasn't on the website when i logged it, it came via "services" on the set top box. the website was still only showing 50%.
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Life is like a fridge , you only get out what you put in !
    Blog Entries
    The wife has just been onto SKY , told them a Virgin rep had been at the door and can offer better deal, so would like to cancel , SKY have reduced our bill from £84.00 to £56.00 for the next 12 months ! well worth the call !

Journeyman
    Zen Internet are the best ISP. They offer both broadband and fixed line telephone services and their support is seconds to none. For the techies, they give you fixed IP addresses. They don't offer TV services but there are many providers out there that do. Ditched Sky years ago as I'm not interested in football or films and it is too expensive, particularly if you don't haggle all the time - its just not worth the hassle.
    Last edited by slever; 12th November 2017 at 11:11.

For anybody with 𝘯𝘰𝘸 TV movies

Go onto your account and cancel it
    It will ask are you sure

It will then offer it for £2.40 a month....

Master
    Has anyone gone from having the full broadband & TV package with Sky to just the TV and if so did it cause any issues?

Our Sky deal is up for renewal and although the broadband has been problem free we now have the option of Truespeed in the area as an alternative.

I’m wondering if Sky will be less likely to do a deal if I tell them they’re losing the broadband/telephone.

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    If you can in your area, get Virgin optic broadband. It's as fast a f**k. Then pick up an Android TV box or an Amazon firestick and you should be good to go. I know I am.
    Kippax lives in a tree in a field.

Well actually he lives near Rawtenstall, pretty much the same thing!

His sky is 56k dial up!

Master
    Pretty much everything, all the packages, 4 hd boxes and broadband. Still feels like a lot though