closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your Cats!

Quote Originally Posted by luckywatch View Post
    Last member of the team is Blackhearted, 15 now, does not like humans. Loves other cats. Lives in a shed and sleeps mostly in the fields. A real gentle giant.

that really reminds me of fattyboy.

fattyboy use to sleep on top of the telly

( back when tellies were big fat square things and not thin as a razor )

we had a running joke in the house:

'whats on telly tonight?"

"oh, its the cat"

badoom tish.
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Another picture of Babu - my adopted girl who had been living in a bush. Now living in my workshop/shed with a radiator and plush surroundings. she loves when I'm in there and was even smiling the other night!

This is Mog, our rescue cat who we have had from a kitten. He was one of a litter born in a rusty metal bucket at the end of someones garden.

He does get somewhat fed up hearing about watches though...

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsy View Post
    Another picture of Babu - my adopted girl who had been living in a bush. Now living in my workshop/shed with a radiator and plush surroundings. she loves when I'm in there and was even smiling the other night!

Now that is a look of cat love being served up right there

Takes more for a cat to trust than the average dog, and they're typically far more discerning, but when they do, they really stick.

Blog Entries
    Here's a couple of pics of our girls Susie and Lucy

Master
    Scampi, 6 months old this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim71 View Post
    Scampi, 6 months old this week.

Good name ;p

skys about one now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Should you find that buying watches just doesn't get through enough of your disposable income, try owning an FIV+ cat.

This is Warrington. He's 7kg of personality issues and nothing if not reassuringly expensive to own. I sometimes feel that I'm single-handedly keeping the Oxford Cat Clinic in business.

Last edited by sunaxi; 8th May 2016 at 23:22. Reason: Grammar

Master

Meet Alan, we got him around 3 years ago from the RSPCA. he was a stray that had been taken in after been found wandering. He was only about a year old then. Amazing cat.

We have a tabby called Gaston too
    Last edited by SteveR; 8th May 2016 at 23:01.

Show us your Cats!

Dignified.

Master
    We have and had many, as we have saved and adopted a number of feral kittens who were all born in the wild near our home here in the Auvergne. Very rural, semi-feral farm cats around, as well as true forest wildcats. They mix.
    Below are Clochette (Tinkerbell) on the left with her friend and lover Sauvage, the real wild forest cat who lived around and even in our house for two years before he vanished into the wild. As the picture was taken, Clochette stull had her magnificent tail, which she lost in some violent event shortly after (we suspect a guillotine-type trap or a violent blow from some cat hater - we know that another magnificent cat who was sort of the village mascot was beaten to death by some idiot shortly after this picture was taken, and immediately after, Clochette showed up with a broken tail). The photo was taken in early March 2013
    Clochette went on to have two kittens from the violently killed tomcat, and they voluntarily moved into our home in early autumn. One of the kittens is still with us as well, and is now nursing three kids in a box in the attic, born 10 days ago. Oops. All our cats have been sterilized but that one is so wild we can't take her to the vet unless we sedate her with a dart. With the three new kittens we have 7.

Below another pic of Sauvage the wild cat. Pics on Flickr, btw.
    We did a lot of comparisons with images of 'certified' wild forest cats, and had our vet confirm our suspicions. Sauvage is, or was, a real one. Wild forest cats, felis sylvestris sylvestris, are supposed to be extremely shy and difficult to spot in the wild. However, this guy apparently lost his mum in a patch of forest near our house and tagged along after the feral 'queen mother' of our clan of half-civilized ferals. he was accepted into the group, grudgingly at first, then became a real member of the family, being taken in by Clochette when he was still little. She kept him warm under our porch during the winter, and as he grew larger he in turn embraced one of the younger kittens to keep her warm when she got sick (we managed to save that one in extremis and she is still with us). As an adult, he roamed the woods during the summer, stayed away for months on end but returned and spent two winters comfortably rolled up on an old couch in our loft, or just observing his kingdom lying on the stairs. We have not seen him this winter though. But we consider ourselves lucky to have spent some time with him. Beautiful animal. Some details to look out for are the shorter and broader face, the stripe pattern and the tail which has several rings looping all around, always a large black end and never a stripe that continues from the back all along the length of the tail but that ends where the first rings appear. You can see he is more compact and muscular, too. We called him Sauvage (the wild one) when he was still very little, because he behaved differently from the others. Only later we found out that he was truly wild.

Finally, sadly, a portrait of one of Clochette's kids, tomcat Aramis, a great guy, fantastically gentle, who always guarded the chickens until we closed the pen at night. 5 and a half kilos of muscle, no fat, always full speed. He was hit by a car just outside our driveway at the age of two.

There are more...

update on Evangelina , left us this Easter Saturday after 16 years (progressive Kidney failure)

Last edited by Xantiagib; 10th May 2016 at 10:52.

We've had this one since last August, no idea how old she is as we inherited her, we think she has been treated badly in the past as the vets say she is stressfully

Last edited by nick67; 11th May 2016 at 09:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Xantiagib View Post
    update on Evangelina , left us this Easter Saturday after 16 years (progressive Kidney failure)

Beautiful looking cat, so sorry to hear of your loss. We have a stray who came to stay....dread the day he leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim63 View Post
    Beautiful looking cat, so sorry to hear of your loss. We have a stray who came to stay....dread the day he leaves.
    thanks, she was quite a character too... first ever proper pet and the kids grew up with her always around - all so devastated even though we knew she wasn't getting any better... I cried like a baby, my tear ducts ached the next few days... still more cats will come and they will also go ... can't wait to get another one (or two) but we have decided to wait a good 6 months...so many rescue cats calling out...

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper View Post
    He has a look of my little rascal "Derek".

This is our Birman, Chico-Baby, he's 3 ( going on 6 months :-));

Journeyman
    I'm so sorry for your loss.

Master

What beautiful markings she had.... so sorry for your loss.

We lost 2 of ours after 16-17 years in the last 18months, just before we lost them 2 strays rocked up and moved into our garden.... I suspect they sensed there would be some vacancies soon. As I type this one of the strays is sat right next to me and is very happy with his lot indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by sunaxi View Post
    I'm so sorry for your loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Davis View Post
    What beautiful markings she had.... so sorry for your loss.

We lost 2 of ours after 16-17 years in the last 18months, just before we lost them 2 strays rocked up and moved into our garden.... I suspect they sensed there would be some vacancies soon. As I type this one of the strays is sat right next to me and is very happy with his lot indeed.
    thanks guys - was my wife's cat when we were dating - moved many a house with us and probably never got over the kids arrival...

Can't wait to get more (possible 2 next) but we promised the kids after the summer holidays - nice for one year not to have to arrange someone to come and cat sit - or go for very short holidays at a time...

I wonder what will stroll into our lives next - they do find you and not the other way around

She strolled into our lives

& took it over. Elizabeth, one of three stray cats (not the band) we have lodging with us.

We lost our little guy Mingus at the end of last October totally out of the blue to a short illness... My best little buddy was with me for five years, and he will never be forgotten. In fact there is not a single day I don't think about him lots.

I was going to post at the time... but it was all to raw. Slowly thoughts are turning to "who will be joining the family next"

This popped up on my Facebook memories today from a few years ago, still makes me smile.

Blog Entries
    Heres Eddy, totally mental!

Cat

or vampire, you decide.

Master
    George

Jasper (formally Known As Ian)

Colin

Quote Originally Posted by OliverCD View Post
    We lost our little guy Mingus at the end of last October totally out of the blue to a short illness... My best little buddy was with me for five years, and he will never be forgotten. In fact there is not a single day I don't think about him lots.

I was going to post at the time... but it was all to raw. Slowly thoughts are turning to "who will be joining the family next"
    Such a shame, so sorry for your loss - my uncle had one exactly like that - I have fond memories of it probably what convinced me to be a cat person...

Grand Master
    Currently my view most of the time..
    Rory , the latest waif taken in to the household....
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Sputnik is the spitting image of Mingus. Was he a Wychwood blue?

This is Ronnie around Xmas time

When She could fit in a shoe

Roar (or maybe a yawn)

Master
    My dear Filly passed away 5 years ago, about 3 days before my first daughter was born. I swore then I would never get another pet. This posts make me wonder if I'm not denying my kids of a wonderful life experience. Mine was a rescue that I found when I was 11 on holiday, she lived nearly 20 years and I have some beautiful memories.
    Just not sure if I can cope with the loss anymore.

Meet Mango my mothers colourpoint Rag Doll a big lad but soft as

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckard81 View Post
    My dear Filly passed away 5 years ago, about 3 days before my first daughter was born. I swore then I would never get another pet. This posts make me wonder if I'm not denying my kids of a wonderful life experience. Mine was a rescue that I found when I was 11 on holiday, she lived nearly 20 years and I have some beautiful memories.
    Just not sure if I can cope with the loss anymore.

Try to think of the great 20 years you gave Filly (and she gave you) and the great years you could give to another cat. They can be great stress relievers after a bad day.

New girl arrived Saturday night from Preloved. Named her Boo. Best £20 I spent in ages. Thats five in the gang now...................

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by luckywatch View Post
    New girl arrived Saturday night from Preloved. Named her Boo. Best £20 I spent in ages. Thats five in the gang now...................
    She's got some whiskers on her. Has she wrecked the house yet?

Enjoying a Monday evening Hoyo with one of my best mates.

Quote Originally Posted by Davis View Post
    She's got some whiskers on her. Has she wrecked the house yet?
    With five on the rampage there is not much left to wreck......................

Master
    Not been many cat photos for a while so here's Fudge, he's 10 months old, taken today:

Blog Entries

Our cat -Colby

Blog Entries

More shameless iPhone filters

Blog Entries

This was our old cat "vinny". Who once we moved from this house , not far away- refused to settle in the new house and ran back to his original home or territory-the family moved back to the first home and he stubbornly refused to come back to us. He just floats the area but won't come in. We haven't worked out who feeds him but he's doing fine (??!)

Oi! Get off my land.....

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

[/URL]

Mei-chan my Maine Coon. She turns 8 in about a month.

Smokey and Smudge enjoying the sun

Blog Entries
    One of our two brothers feeling particularly chilled for the evening