closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: SOTC at last

SOTC at last

Being trying to get round to doing this for ages and finally I've managed to get a few quick snaps together. Apologises for the crappy phone pics.

So first up is a general pic including the wife's watches. They are in no particular order just how I put them in the box.

So first up is my first proper watch I brought about 16 years ago, the Omega Seamaster 300m. This thing is just so comfortable on and it makes me feel like James Bond even if it is the Quartz version.

After this came the Tag Heuer Monaco calibre 12. For some reason I've always lusted after this and felt lucky to be able to afford one after many years of uming and ering. I think it's just because it's different to your average run of the mill watch with its cool, straight lines, sharp corners and lovely dial. Only issue I have is the strap squeaks when I'm wearing it.

The Tag was closely followed by the Omega Speedmaster Professional. God bless beaverbrooks and 0% finance. Again another iconic watch that looks just so good on. I think the dial is very easy to read considering how big it is and the number of sub dials. I think it reads a whole lot easier than a Daytona.

Next up a watch I thought I'd never own as truth be told I'm not a Rolex fan but when I tried the new Sub-c with date I thought it sat better on the wrist than the older versions. Maybe because the bracket is a little wider as are the lugs. I like the micro adjustment on the braclet as well. I got this in Hong Kong for about £1000 less than the UK while we where living out that way. It's a great watch.

And last of all is something a little different. I was hankering after a birth year watch but didn't want to / couldn't afford the vintage Rolex. So after a little research found that military watches are produced with year of manufacture. So here we have a Hamilton marked with 6BB which makes it RAF from 1975. Sadly I've never really worn it because it's soooooo small!!! But it's a price of history and a damn sight cheaper than a Rolex from the same year.

Next to add to the collection will be a JLC grande reverse duo face but that will be a good few years away yet. Hope you all like the collection.
    Last edited by subseastu; 10th December 2015 at 17:11.

It is a great collection and the JLC is an excellent choice as it can also be a dress watch.

Craftsman
    Yes a great collection, a dress watch would complete the set...........

Craftsman
    Lovely collection!
    That Hamilton needs to be worn!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stelmo01 View Post
    Lovely collection!
    +1

Banned
    Nice collection. My favorites are the Rolex and Omega speedy.

Speedy for me, with a slight degree of bias.

Great line up there.

Thanks everyone. I must admit that the Tag barely got worn for a couple of years for fear of damage. Infact on here I voice chopping it the fund a dress watch but after a talk with the wife I've come to the realisation that for the large amount of money these are, they are there to be worn. So I'm finally enjoying them. I rotate them when we go out, all I'm afraid to say except the Hamilton purely because it is so small on my wrist. I may change my mind in the future as it is a lovely clean example. I toyed with chopping the seamaster in favour of the automatic but its the first "proper" watch I owned so I just can't get rid.

I must admit the battery is flat in the seamaster, hence the date number is out of wack in the window

Wear the Hamilton
    They grown on you, the case shape does it no favours in pictures (imho). However it is one of the most comfortable watches you can strap on.

Quote Originally Posted by subseastu View Post
    So first up is my first proper watch I brought about 16 years ago, the Omega Seamaster 300m. This thing is just so comfortable on and it makes me feel like James Bond even if it is the Quartz version.
    The quartz was JB's watch in Goldeneye, before he switched to the auto for the following films.

I like the collection and I like the photos—the close-ups, even if not intended, have a great character to them. Very distinctive. :)

Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post
    The quartz was JB's watch in Goldeneye, before he switched to the auto for the following films.

I like the collection and I like the photos—the close-ups, even if not intended, have a great character to them. Very distinctive. :)
    I was unaware of that. Thanks for the compliment. Took the pics on my bathroom floor, stone effect lino - great stuff. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by stelmo01 View Post
    Lovely collection!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    Wear the Hamilton
    They grown on you, the case shape does it no favours in pictures (imho). However it is one of the most comfortable watches you can strap on.
    They just so small compared to modern watches. It almost looks like a ladies watch on me! I've a 7.5 inch wrist but it's quite flat so watches tend to wear smaller on me. I'll take another look at it in the new year as I'm away offshore this weekend