closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Y76 JKW

Grand Master

Y76 JKW

Having some plastering done,the guy has the Reg Y76 JKW on his old Peugeot.

What could it be worth?,and if anyone on here born "Year76 with initials JKW it's for sale he said.
    Last edited by P9CLY; 8th December 2015 at 15:29.

Grand Master
    No one has any idea what it may be worth?.

Master
    It MAY be work 1 billion pounds if someone very rich really wants that number. I personally can't see it being worth more than £50. So.......Somewhere between £50 and £1billion

DVLA have similar plates for about £300, but they have hundreds of them. The chances of finding Mr JKW who was born in 1976 aren't that high - and in any event, he's rapidly reaching an age that he won't want to advertise!

Master
    Y77JKW is £399 if that narrows down my previous approximation for you

Surely it's worth no more than any other of the thousands of 'Y' reg plates out there that are Y 2 numbers 3 letters, as they are all someones birth year and initials? If you find Y75 CSB, let me know, or the swine that beat me to BR16HTY

Brighty

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SIB View Post
    It MAY be work 1 billion pounds if someone very rich really wants that number. I personally can't see it being worth more than £50. So.......Somewhere between £50 and £1billion
    Thanks for your help,I too was just trying to help the guy by asking this question.The reason it came up was because his exhaust broke and he said he can't afford a huge outlay on the car as he is trying to get cash together for another "cheap" car....I noticed the Reg and only thought it may be worth selling seperate to the car,a few extra hundred £s might just help someone.

And he didn't even consider it to have any value....

Just trying to help where possible...Ill pass on your comments to him.

Master
    It's worth nothing.

If he spent more time plastering instead of yacking about his car troubles he'd make that money for a new car a lot quicker

He's a dreamer if he thinks it's worth anything. It's not even worth the transfer cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim W View Post
    He's a dreamer if he thinks it's worth anything. It's not even worth the transfer cost.
    I know your game. Your middle name is Kevin and you've got a big birthday next year. Just trying to talk the price down.

I'm speechless.

My parents nearly called me 'Y76 JKW' and if they had I would bite your plasterers bits off and metaphorically let him plaster my face to get my mitts on it. But instead had some foresight and called me 'Ford Fiesta HK09 UWK' which gives for a much more personalised motoring experience.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    I noticed the Reg and only thought it may be worth selling seperate to the car,a few extra hundred £s might just help someone.
    I am genuine confused - to me this truly seems like a random numberplate - what is it about it that caught your attention and made you think it was anything other than a random numberplate?

Quote Originally Posted by Jdh1 View Post
    I know your game. Your middle name is Kevin and you've got a big birthday next year. Just trying to talk the price down.
    Dammit!! sussed me out!

Hey P9CLY, I'm thinking about changing my TZ username to Y76JKW. The plate will then gain value to me.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    I am genuine confused - to me this truly seems like a random numberplate - what is it about it that caught your attention and made you think it was anything other than a random numberplate?

What caught my eye was the Y for Year and 76 for 1976 and the 3 letters for someone's name.

Was it really that difficult or unusual.it has now descended into the usual smart arsed comments!.

Why does this seem to happen on here so often now?.Their was no malice nothing untoward,just my observation of a car number plate,nothing more nothing less.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim W View Post

HE didn't make any comment about HIS car number plate,I mentioned it may!have some value to him.

Master
    Ha I really thought this was a sarcastic post at first.

This reminds me of a letter to Viz decades ago. Thank heavens for the internet....

Master
    What caught my eye was the Y for Year and 76 for 1976 and the 3 letters for someone's name.

Was it really that difficult or unusual.it has now descended into the usual smart arsed comments!.

Why does this seem to happen on here so often now?.Their was no malice nothing untoward,just my observation of a car number plate,nothing more nothing less.
    Did you think I was being "smart arsed"? I assure you I wasn't.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    Did you think I was being "smart arsed"? I assure you I wasn't.
    For once i agree with "ach5" looks a bit random

£20k judging by recent prices on SC

HE didn't make any comment about HIS car number plate,I mentioned it may!have some value to him.
    So you tell your plasterer that his number plate might be valuable and then you log on to a watch forum to find out if it is valuable or not?
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Master
    Don't think there's been any malice from anyone, maybe a little leg pulling but no malice. You asked a question about a pretty random looking number plate and what it COULD be worth then about 2 hours ask again if anyone knows what it may be worth. Well, it may be worth anything if you get the right buyer but if you wanted a ball park figure it surely wasn't rocket science to check the DVLA for similar numbers to gauge the market value?

You'll see that less than 10 minutes after my slightly sarcastic comment I actually found the same format of number and just 1 number out for you with the exact price from the DVLA and I'd made myself a coffee between comments

Never crossed my mind that Y might mean year is this a common conception?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Nope, Y just signifies an old car.

I feel sorry for the plasterer.

There he is in his £100 Y reg 15 year old car/van trying to make a living, and some clueless bloke in cloud cuckoo land makes him think his valueless plate might be worth something.

Of course the plasterer then says "well yes. i'll sell it"

Now cuckoo lad comes on a watch forum to ask if said valueless plate is worth anything

Rightly gets shot down, and then throws a strop.

Are people really this gormless?

To hell with you and your strop, we all know you're stupid, it's the plasterer i feel sorry for though
    Last edited by Kiki Picasso; 9th December 2015 at 00:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiki Picasso View Post
    I feel sorry for the plasterer.

There he is in his £100 Y reg 15 year old car/van trying to make a living, and some clueless bloke in cloud cuckoo land makes him think his valueless plate might be worth something.

Of course the plasterer then says "well yes. i'll sell it"

Now cuckoo lad comes on a watch forum to ask if said valueless plate is worth anything

Rightly gets shot down, and then throws a strop.

Are people really this gormless?

To hell with you and your strop, we all know you're stupid, it's the plasterer i feel sorry for though
    Don't sit on the fence Kiki hahaha

<PEDANT>
    This is illogical. If you can't see it being worth more than £50, and you don't state a lower limit, then surely the value is "somewhere between £0 and £1 billion", and not "somewhere between £50 and £1 billion"?!

BTW, to assist in understanding the potential price range, is that a British billion or an American billion?
    </PEDANT>

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilipK View Post
    <PEDANT>
    This is illogical. If you can't see it being worth more than £50, and you don't state a lower limit, then surely the value is "somewhere between £0 and £1 billion", and not "somewhere between £50 and £1 billion"?!

BTW, to assist in understanding the potential price range, is that a British billion or an American billion?
    </PEDANT>
    Touche on the first point Sir, well spotted and I see the error of my ways

It's definately a British billion, I stated "pounds" in the first sentace and used the "£" sign in the second so it's logical to assume given I'm using British currency I mean a British billion (million million) and not the lesser American one (thousand million)

It's definately a British billion, I stated "pounds" in the first sentace and used the "£" sign in the second so it's logical to assume given I'm using British currency I mean a British billion (million million) and not the lesser American one (thousand million)
    "British" Billion has been short scale since 1974.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    "British" Billion has been short scale since 1974.
    Was that all tied in with the reorganisation of the counties? Yorkshire turned into Humberside, Rutland consumed by Leicestershire and Billions traduced.

Excellent, thank you.

So we have now narrowed the value of this number plate down to somewhere between £0 and £1,000,000,000,000. The collective wisdom of TZ-UK at its finest. Hopefully that valuation will be of great assistance to the OP.

Chances are it's got outstanding parking fines against it.

Will someone please paypal gift this poor plasterer a few quid

I feel for him

*edited as i forgot what room i was in there*
    Last edited by Kiki Picasso; 9th December 2015 at 01:21.

Master
    Excellent, thank you.

So we have now narrowed the value of this number plate down to somewhere between £0 and £1,000,000,000,000. The collective wisdom of TZ-UK at its finest. Hopefully that valuation will be of great assistance to the OP.
    To be fair, in under 10 minutes of posting that I went to the trouble of going to the DVLA site (as clearly it never occured to the OP to do this between his two times of asking for a value) and got a price of £399 for Y77 JKW, only 1 number higher so can't get much closer..., so I WAS trying to be helpful!

My turn to be pedantic, the OP asked what it COULD be worth followed up by what MAY it be worth, at no point did he ask what someone would likely pay for it. If someone really rich really wanted that exact plate then it COULD be worth pretty much any amount
    Last edited by SIB; 9th December 2015 at 01:54.

<PEDANT>

</PEDANT>
    To be honest , you have to factor in the cost of the DVLA transfer or retention fee as the lowest register on the value scale. So ownership would have to be worth at least 80 quid to the buyer even if the plate itself was free.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Mine neither and this is the point. Who would want a private reg where you had to explain what it meant to everyone? If the retail value is £399 then he may get £50 for it from a reseller? (comment not intended to be smart-arsed).

Still probably worth more than the car it's attached to.

Grand Master
    Can`t see the harm in asking the question; someone born in '76 with the initial JKW may be interested so I don`t see it as a 'random' number. Far better than those where the 6 has to be read as an E etc and the spacing altered (illegally) to create a tenuous link with the owner's name.

Why do folks take so much pleasure in making snide, bitchy, sarcastic comments? If you think it's pointless thread just stay out of it. Light-hearted banter's one thing, ill-mannered bitching is another. Picasso doesn`t paint himself in a good light here, it's just plain bad manners, it impresses no-one.

This place is supposed to be fun, if folks want to be argumentative or unpleasant why not f**k off and annoy someone face to face in real life?

Paul
    Last edited by walkerwek1958; 10th December 2015 at 14:40.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post

This place is supposed to be fun, if folks want to be argumentative or unpleasant why not f**k off and annoy someone face to face in real life?

Paul
    Some people's fingers are stronger and more confident than their lips

I've been feeling sorry for this guy driving a shitty old Peugeot until I remembered that I also drive a shitty old Peugeot and his is two years newer than mine.

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    I've been feeling sorry for this guy driving a shitty old Peugeot until I remembered that I also drive a shitty old Peugeot and his is two years newer than mine.
    That would make it a W registration plate - could be valuable to someone if it was their waist size and initials.

And this is why you get no home repair jobs off me.

Everyone else does, but not you

Quote Originally Posted by mountmusic View Post
    That would make it a W registration plate - could be valuable to someone if it was their waist size and initials.
    make that three then. maths was never my strong point .

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Can`t see the harm in asking the question; someone born in '76 with the initial JKW may be interested so I don`t see it as a 'random' number. Far better than those where the 6 has to be read as an E etc and the spacing altered (illegally) to create a tenuous link with the owner's name.

Why do folks take so much pleasure in making snide, bitchy, sarcastic comments? If you think it's pointless thread just stay out of it. Light-hearted banter's one thing, ill-mannered bitching is another. Picasso doesn`t paint himself in a good light here, it's just plain bad manners, it impresses no-one.

Paul
    I agree Paul. This has descended into playtime name calling and belongs in the BP. A post in the draft thread is forthcoming, no doubt.

Paul
    Completely agree with that, keyboard warriors are out in force!

Life is like a fridge , you only get out what you put in !
    Blog Entries
    Cricket ? .... I used to play tennis !

The race to the bottom continues.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........