closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Perlon straps!

Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    Looks good

The stiffness will pass as it gradually moulds itself to the contours of your wrist
    As in 'floppy'?

Craftsman
    Just to add, I recently picked up a perlon from Watchobsession. It looks the part and wears OK but it just doesn't feel substantial enough after wearing, for example, a Timefactors NATO. Maybe this is the idea but the thing virtually weighs nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Progressive View Post
    Just to add, I recently picked up a perlon from Watchobsession. It looks the part and wears OK but it just doesn't feel substantial enough after wearing, for example, a Timefactors NATO. Maybe this is the idea but the thing virtually weighs nothing.
    Eulit 'Palma' and vintage 'Panama' are much more substantial.

My oldest one, a grey Krystal has see heavy use and has been washed a number if times - it is not at all floppy.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    Eulit 'Palma' and vintage 'Panama' are much more substantial.
    Thanks for clearing that up. I will maybe give those a go as I really do like the style.

I got a couple from watchgecko recently. I think they were in the sale - certainly under a tenner - and they arrived the next day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    My oldest one, a grey Krystal has see heavy use and has been washed a number if times - it is not at all floppy.
    My only one, also greying, has unfortunately not seen heavy use for years, and remains floppy. I blame a urologist in York.

What make of Perlon/NATO is this??

Can anyone identify this strap. I bought it on here a few years ago and it's the most comfortable NATO style strap I have. It doesn't feel like nylon, it's thick and soft and feels like it was knitted by someone! If anyone knows what brand it might be please let me k ow so I can buy more. Thanks. Chris.

Does anyone have experience of both a single and dual strap pearlon? I'd like to get a gray eulit for a Sinn 556i but not sure if I would prefer a single or dual, I sort of like the idea of dual strap to keep the profile of the watch face to a minimum, of course you lose the security of a single of one of the spring bars fails...

So yeah if anyone had an experience or preference it would be interesting to hear.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

I have two Eulit Palma Pacific two-piece perlons and like them a lot. As you mentioned, if the extra security isn't required, you get the same degree of ruggedness, breathability and adjustability without making the watch sit any higher. Haven't had any issues so far, only wish they were available in more colors.

Quote Originally Posted by dschaen81 View Post
    I have two Eulit Palma Pacific two-piece perlons and like them a lot. As you mentioned, if the extra security isn't required, you get the same degree of ruggedness, breathability and adjustability without making the watch sit any higher. Haven't had any issues so far, only wish they were available in more colors.
    Nice one that's me sold on the 2 piece :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Has anyone here tried the Zuludiver? It's on sale at Watchgecko for the next week:

https://www.watchgecko.com/zuludiver...ustable-buckle

Personally I suspect these are normally a bit overpriced, so the sale probably just brings them down to a more sensible cost. The hardware looks better quality than Eulit though. I'm not sure about the "footprint" pattern, but the plain ones look OK.