closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Is there such a thing as...? [Servicing content]

Craftsman

Is there such a thing as...? [Servicing content]

Dear all,

My trusty Seiko Monster has been doing the daily duties since 2009 and as such, it's probably due a service.

I've had Rolexes done at the RSC and they've come back looking as-new. Since the Monster was a present for a significant birthday from a loved one, I'd like to restore it in a similar fashion.

I'm looking for someone to carry out this work on a lowly Seiko - does such an establishment exist?

Thanks.

Blog Entries

Banned
    If it is not broken, then I suggest you don't fix it. That is practically a new watch.

Master
    When I spoke the the people at Seiko about having my Monster serviced they were honest enough to say if it's running fine then just leave it. Their reasoning was that they simply replace the movement rather than do any servicing as such so if it's working anyway nothing would be gained.

Master
    I don't think the Seiko Service people do the restoring and refinishing that people have recently said that the RSC does - In car terms, SSC might be likened to KwikFit, whilst RSC are more like a prestige overhaul garage. There again, one costs rather more than the other....

Craftsman
    Gents, thanks for the replies so far.

I hadn't thought about Seiko themselves simply because it's not a UK model. Unsure if this is an issue any longer!

I think the main discriminator surrounds the refinishing of the bracelet, case and bezel - the RSC did an excellent job of this on my DateJust, and it would be good to "wind back the years" on the Monster. Also, to guarantee its water resistance with new seals, etc.

Contact Cannop on here.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by delays View Post
    Dear all,

My trusty Seiko Monster has been doing the daily duties since 2009 and as such, it's probably due a service.
    If it aint broke then don't fix it. I'd say wait until 2019 were it me and was going well.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave in Wales View Post
    If it aint broke then don't fix it. I'd say wait until 2019 were it me and was going well.
    I don't think it really needs any mechanical attention, just a bit of TLC, seals checked, etc.

Thanks again for the suggestions, I've sent a PM to Cannop and will see what's what.

Deleted due to a 'Doh!' moment.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by delays View Post
    I don't think it really needs any mechanical attention, just a bit of TLC, seals checked, etc.

Thanks again for the suggestions, I've sent a PM to Cannop and will see what's what.
    That could be done anywhere, but it may set you back a great deal if you consider original RRP