closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Picked up a PRS-10

Banned

Picked up a PRS-10

Second time having one. Maybe I was stupid selling the first one but I was more into automatics and mechanicals at that time.

Thought at first it was too small.
    Probably coz I had been wearing my PRS-40 for ages and a BFK for a while.

Actually have it up for sale or trade and have an offer to trade for an Armida A6. Very tempted as the A6 is also sold out and nice. Don't know if I can be arsed with an automatic though.

On a timefactors rally strap

PS this ain't a sales post. Just about to withdraw it or trade it for that Armida. Any advice would be cool.
    Last edited by James_; 2nd December 2015 at 12:34.

I'd hold on to it this time around.

Seriously, these are excellent watches if the smaller size is to your liking. Well-made, very versatile with different straps.
    Mine gets regular wear and won't be going anywhere in the foreseeable future.

Coming from a larger watch, it does feel a tad small, but after a very short time I appreciate the PRS-10's unobtrusiveness.

Banned
    keep it, its a rarity now

Craftsman
    I got my PRS-10 of e-bay a couple of weeks ago. It came with the original case, documentation, cloth and even the pen (which works).

I quite a big 'chap' 6ft 3in, 105 Kg, it looks just fine on my wrist. I'm really glad to have it in my collection

Banned
    Thanks for the input. It was a close one but decided to go with the Armida. As soon as I took the Precista off and my Smiths on I realised that it's just too small for me. I would only be keeping it for reasons other than wearing it.

The guy I'm trading with has a collection of similar G10's so it's going to a good home.

great, classy design! looks a bit small on your wrist though

Banned
    That's what I thought.

Journeyman
    Doesn't it wear much better and even look larger on a nato?

Banned
    I already wear my PRS40 on a nato so didn't want another one. There's really nothing that would have made it seem bigger or at least make it wear big enough for me to keep it.

Couldn't pass up a straight trade for this A6 either!

Hey James! Glad you're enjoying the Armida :)

Loving the Precista, great way to round out my g10 collection. May have to get a tonneau CWC next.... Then it's on to divers....

Might see if I can trade my Helson for a PRS-29A/B as a beater version of my Smiths W10.

Banned
    Really enjoying it mate thanks. I like that it has a wee quirk in being highly antimagnetic but doesn't shout about it.

You have a nice wee collection of G10 models for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by tic.tock.doc View Post
    Hey James! Glad you're enjoying the Armida :)

Loving the Precista, great way to round out my g10 collection. May have to get a tonneau CWC next.... Then it's on to divers....

Might see if I can trade my Helson for a PRS-29A/B as a beater version of my Smiths W10.