closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buying clothes

Quote Originally Posted by 72bpm View Post
    That is extravagant. It is second hand Primark for me!
    Luxury, I dream about having a fine set of clothes from the plastic bags the Primark stuff is sold in

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    Having spent all my money on watches it's Primark for me...
    LOL

I like Selfridges.

Jeans: Nudies
    Jackets: Stone Island
    Underwear: Hanro
    Socks: Falke
    Shoes: Crockett

Quote Originally Posted by rob-vicar View Post
    Luxury, I dream about having a fine set of clothes from the plastic bags the Primark stuff is sold in
    Primark don't use plastic bags - they use those brown paper ones that disolve in the rain. They are good for using as parcel wrapping, turn them inside out - just as good as the stuff on a roll that you buy from the Post Office.

Master
    Buy most of my stuff from my local shop Peggs & Son in Brighton, and End Clothing.

Clothes? You guys wear clothes too?
    Here it is just watches and bracelets! On the same wrist.

Banned
    buy clothes on ebay I have nearly £1300 from selling clothes I have only worn once or not at all plus some very old bike/rock tees that people think are cool. took a hit on a lot of it but every sale adds up.

I was saving for a motorcycle holiday, but bought 2 watches instead so I will carry on and see if I can get to £2,000

what it has bought home to me is we have way to much stuff we don't need, the exceptions being watches, records, cameras/lens and motorcycles.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by soapy View Post
    I have nearly £1300 from selling clothes I have only worn once .
    Think how much more you'd have if you'd just used SC!

Quote Originally Posted by Nagraboy View Post
    Have you tried a salmon mousse onesie for those lazy Sundays? Buy 30 tubs of the stuff from Harrod's and pat it on all over with a builders trowel.
    Surely you mean salmon moose?

Last edited by S.L; 1st December 2015 at 14:03.

Master
    Oi Polloi and End Clothing , Coggles, Concept and many others.

Jeans are Nudie and Edwin mainly, a good few selvedge.
    Polos are lacoste and ralph with a couple of others.
    Garbstore coats, Universal Works, Vintage Obey and Rab, far too many.
    Diemme , Adidas , Yuketen and Nike for footwear.
    Bamboo socks and plain cotton duds.

Knocked my buying on the head for a fair few months so i could get a watch. The problem is i want another.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by SammyS View Post
    I like buying clothes online only from stores that I can trust. I know what size goes fine in a particular shop, which makes it very easy for me to order online. Most of the time I am happy with my purchases and the clothes fit. Not so long ago I started buying underwear online from Ms Aphrodite . Cheap and feels great on me.

Well done one for hunting down a thread from 2015, rather than starting a new irrelevant post on Watch Talk.

Posted using Taptalk on SG-S11 from Mr Grumpy.

Quote Originally Posted by SammyS View Post
    I like buying clothes online only from stores that I can trust. I know what size goes fine in a particular shop, which makes it very easy for me to order online. Most of the time I am happy with my purchases and the clothes fit. Not so long ago I started buying underwear online from Ms Aphrodite . Cheap and feels great on me.
    Ms Aphrodite? Can’t find that store.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ach5 View Post
    Dont we all dress like this?

After years of wearing conservative suits with black shoes in the office, I now tend to dress like that.

My shirts tend to come from Charles Tyrwhitt, shoes from either Loakes or Trickers and everything else comes from Selfridges in a mini spend up 3 or 4 times a year when up in London for the day.

Master
    spoke for trousers (and now jeans as well ) and now polo shirts...

Proper cloth for shirts and hackett, CT for work

Hackett for suits normally

Brooks brothers for sweaters , half zips

C&J,Churches, Loake, Grenson for shoes

reigning champ for sports casual gear

Honorable mentions goto reiss and barbour and jacob cohen for a few bits and pieces, oh and paul smith. LV for small leather items.

Moncler for down because im a tart :D

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Not sure the assumption that nice watch = nice clothes is necessarily true, especially as one gets older and starts to realise how shallow the whole fashion thing really is.

There's a big difference between style and fashion, I wish I could get my missus to understand that. Find a style you like and stick with it.

Anyhow, for what it's worth, being retired means I can wear what like; don`t have to do all that dress code crap that goes with the territory when employed by a large firm in a (supposedly) professional/technical function.

So for me, it's Levi 501s (in various states of repair), Fed Perry Polos (in various states of repair) or Ben Sherman button downs, smart shoes for going out (never trainers, that's no-no), Adidas Sambas in the daytime, leather jackets or black Harrington (black Crombi if it's cold)......that's about it.

I don`t do the clothes shopping thing; I pop into the outlet shops at York when I`m passing, might buy a Fred if there's one I like. My sister gets 501s from the States twice/year (£30/pair) so I always have a couple of new pairs awaiting commissioning.

Watches?........I wear what I feel like but generally something gold/bicolour if going somewhere smartish. Can`t beat gold for dress watches.

Paul (57 yrs young)
    Paul, are you Suggs?

Journeyman
    Polo Shirts - Ralph Lauren
    Shirts - Ralph Lauren, Lacoste, Tommy Hilfiger
    Jeans - Levi's and Tommy Hilfiger
    Chinos - Primarks finest :)
    Shoes - Clarks Wallabies (I've a few pairs) and quite a collection of Nikes

I remember the Essex of my youth being awash with Ralph Lauren polo shirts/Rolex sports model/BMW car keys on the bar. I’d wondered where they all are now, But they were here all along!

I’ll add my fashion choices as Edwin Jeans, anything Carhartt, and a recent splurge on Red Wing boots. For some reason XXL slim fit shirts from Crew fit me perfectly - and as nobody would buy such a size online, they always end up at about £16 down from £65 in the sales where I snap them up! Having recently entered my 5th decade I’ve decided Trainers are strictly for exercise/Stan Smiths for casual scruffy pub use at a push

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Polos, long or short sleeved John Smedley, Boss, Ralph Lauren, Gant and Vivienne Westwood. Merino wool for the long sleeved ones.

Boots, Loake preferably.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post
    Paul, are you Suggs?
    I've had a flat top since 1984, I'm now 60.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    I remember the Essex of my youth being awash with Ralph Lauren polo shirts/Rolex sports model/BMW car keys on the bar.
    They're still there :)

Anyone else just checked and noticed that they’ve developed a uniform by mistake? Bespoke shirts (I lack self control so I’m not a good shape!), I don’t own any polos, jeans Levi’s, chinos hilfiger, shoes are loakes, boots are redwings, trainers are new balance. I literally only have any variation in jackets and coats!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Mystery Scott View Post
    Anyone else just checked and noticed that they’ve developed a uniform by mistake? Bespoke shirts (I lack self control so I’m not a good shape!), I don’t own any polos, jeans Levi’s, chinos hilfiger, shoes are loakes, boots are redwings, trainers are new balance. I literally only have any variation in jackets and coats!

I think that’s called developing your own style as opposed to following fashion - mine have changed over the years - eg Timberland now appear to be made to last a year or two tops, hence the switch to red wings. I also have wide feet which Nike just can’t accommodate so I stick to New Balance too. A lot of fashion brands appear to be made to fit teenage boys with pipe cleaner arms and legs, so they’re no good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    As a cross-dresser, I buy quite a bit from SC

I have virtually no interest in clothes but I do like long lasting quality and prefer ‘broken in clothes’ over new. I have T Shirts I have had since I was 16! (It’s only 12 years ago)
    I do like a jacket though and have a collection of WW2 flying jackets that do get worn.
    I also like a boot. I have a selection Redwings for smart causal, Ox blood DMs for the pub and Courteney Boots for shooting / fishing.

Master
    I have a nice two piece suit in off white/grey with contrasting arrows on it provided by my hotelier, on special days I get to wear my “hug me tight” jacket as a treat.