closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Three new watches and a Panerai

Three new watches and a Panerai

After living with just my Panerai for quite a while, I've recently added three new watches including the brand new Pelagos I got today.

The Seiko tuna SBBN-015 came from a WTB last week and has delighted me. Never been into Seiko or Quartz before, but the tuna design has really captured my imagination. Saw quite a few nice shots of tuna on Zulu straps on my tuna thread last week so ordered one from Watch Obsession and am very pleased with the combo. Bit tough to pull the strap through the huge Seiko spring bars but worth it in the end.

The Speedy was also from a WTB and is a 2015 model. Had a few over the years but realised I just need to keep one and be done with it! Such a cool watch. I've got a GasGasBones NASA Velcro strap on the way for this...

My Panerai PAM590 is one of the newer 8 Day models with the in-house P.5000 movement. Bought from an AD in the Summer. I'd tried a 372 but with a 6.25" wrist it never quite felt comfortable even though I loved the design. The 44mm Luminor seems fine though, and I love wearing it. I enjoy winding the movement every Sunday night, and the '8 Giorni Brevettato' dial inscription is a nod to some real classics like the amazing PAM203 and the 60mm Egyptian. Currently fitted with a non-tapered strap bought from SC.

Finally, the newest piece is the Tudor Pelagos. It's the latest one with in-house movement and what some would regard as 'War & Peace' at 6 o'clock! Tried one on a few months ago and quite liked it but always thought I'd rather have a 114060 - one of the few Rolexes I like. I'd read about the new movement and was impressed at some of Tudor's own videos showing it but didn't think much more about it. However, after innocently trying it on today in Goldsmiths it just clicked for me. Felt great on the wrist and the idea of Tudor's own movement really appealed. Went off to lunch then decided I'd have to have it! So here it is, on the rubber strap.

Hope the iPhone photo displays the right way round. Can't seem to get it to go horizontal when it uploads:

Not thinking of adding anything for a while now but I do have my eye on an IWC Big Pilot and a nice Reverso one day too. Would also love one of the 6B watches made by Carl from GGB.

Thanks for looking!
    Last edited by Nagraboy; 30th November 2015 at 00:16.

Blog Entries
    Lovely varied and complimentary collection mate...

Only change I'd make is to inject a little 'vintage' in there

Rob

Nice group.
    Am not sure what the best strap for the Aruba is though.

I do hope "War and Peace" sticks as the nickname for that Tudor :)

Journeyman
    Wtb??

Quote Originally Posted by Boogles View Post
    Wtb??
    It means a 'want to buy' advert from the Sales Corner sub forum.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagraboy View Post
    It means a 'want to buy' advert from the Sales Corner sub forum.
    Aha, thanks :)

Wowza! Having the chrono definitely completes the collection!

Master
    A very nice collection you have there.

Journeyman
    I'd happily give a home to each and every one of them. I really like the rubber Pelagos strap and would love one for my Black Bay just in case anyone is struggling what to buy me for Christmas ;)

Apprentice
    can't beat a Panerai

Prof