closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Star Wars lithograph framing thread

Here is the information about my framing for anyone who is interested.
    A local business here in S. Devon.

Your framing order
    from www.framinglot.co.uk

The framing was done as follows:

Black paint finish wooden frame, deep box profile approx. 20mm

Double mount using conservation quality mountboard cut on a 40degree bevel head, multi aperture mount so cut as one piece with 2 apertures. The print was whole within the mount package with the apertures being spaced so that an even middle border was used and even apertures sizes. Mount borders were 70mm with a 3mm reveal of the inner mount colour. Top mount colour was off-white with bottom mount layer of charcoal colour. Both mounts have white cores which are revealed with the bevel cut. An undermount of conservation white board was used to hinge the print to.

The backing is kraftboard.

The glazing is Clarity Water White Anti Reflection UV 70 glass. Water white means the iron has been taken out so you get full colour clarity with no green hue shift as you would with normal glass, the Anti Reflection stops approx. 99% of the reflection when in ordinary conditions. The UV protection is 70%.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tsunami View Post
    Was quoted £245 per print for framing in Cardiff today. Think I need to get a few more quotes.
    Try Nolton Gallery in Bridgend, they did the original Star Wars film poster I had from Ebon a while back as well as many more, always good service

I must admit that when the wife offered to get the framing done for me for Christmas i was dubious about going to the shop and discussing options with her. I thought she had a good idea about what i like and I could hand her the spec that was required.

I could not have been more wrong. It took a full 45 minutes to discuss options and realise that the two image print needed a larger frame than the others.

Pricing and options was interesting too, I'd decided that non reflective glass was a must and I was happy for her ladyship to pay a premium for it. One we had established that these are going to be sited in a place with where the direction of the light could be controlled i opted for more protection and a lower cost.

All in all i found it well worth a long talk to the experts and then waiting for Santa.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by dl_griff View Post
    Try Nolton Gallery in Bridgend, they did the original Star Wars film poster I had from Ebon a while back as well as many more, always good service
    Thanks. I'll give them a call.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tsunami View Post
    Thanks. I'll give them a call.
    I managed to pick one up after I missed them originally, just had it back from the framers I mentioned £51 all in

Just got mine done and one hung for the moment - they look great.

I ended up going with UV and AR glass.

Master
    Slightly late to the party, but finally got my lithographs framed although the photos below don't really do justice to these.

Craftsman
    Sweeet
    Quote Originally Posted by jwillans View Post
    Slightly late to the party, but finally got my lithographs framed although the photos below don't really do justice to these.

Quote Originally Posted by Jancik View Post
    Sweeet
    Yes, that's a really worthwhile contribution and not in any way made to bump your post count to the magic 50...

Finally got round to framing the two colour litho’s, just the B&W to do now!

Last edited by dougair; 19th August 2022 at 11:12.

Master
    Holy thread bump from the depths I like the colour borders.

I realise I asked in this thread back in the day. Fwiw I used Blues Picture Framing in the end with museum quality glass. I think the cost was around £150ish in the end.

Master
    Not that I ever would ever sell mine but out of interest has anyone ever had these valued?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    Not that I ever would ever sell mine but out of interest has anyone ever had these valued?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No. Nor would I sell them either. They'd probably need some "more official provenance" to achieve max value. This may give some idea https://propstore.com/product/star-w...or-supersnipe/

Wow this thread is a blast from the past.. framed pics still in my sons room after 7 years 😂

Cheers

matt

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MattH View Post
    Wow this thread is a blast from the past.. framed pics still in my sons room after 7 years đŸ˜‚

Cheers

matt
    Blast from the past indeed, I always enjoyed looking through Wampa's sales posts.

I missed out on the Lithos but got these Empire tickets from him and then mounted & framed them.

Last edited by Tuna1138; 20th August 2022 at 00:10. Reason: Pic added

I've got a WTB up but replying to this thread in case anyone would consider selling the Ralph McQuarrie prints? Everyone says "not that I'd ever sell them" but well all know that's not true :D

Master
    Blog Entries
    I've got a part set of the empire strikes back prints I'd consider selling. Not mint box but as I recall the prints are. Some got removed to frame and lost at some point.

Good old Wampa, not star wars related but all these posters came from him - sorry about the reflections!

In the downstairs cloakroom

In the kitchen

And on the upstairs landing