closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Stowa servicing

Craftsman

Stowa servicing

My wife has a stowa antea ks that's just stopped. She's had it over 5 years so I guess it's due a service.
    Has anyone got experience of stowa servicing. I've sent them a quick message and await their response.
    I wondered if I could get the service done by a more local independent and if anyone had recommendations and approx costings?

Journeyman
    I assume she dropped it? Otherwise 5 years is not so much for this movement.

Craftsman
    No. It stopped. Think the winder isn't working. Doesn't reach fully wound.

Craftsman
    Can anyone help with some advice.

Presumably the Antea just has a standard ETA movement? If it's just the movement needing mending then their are lots of independents who can do the job. The one I used most recently was Ryte Time who iirc are in Leicester. Prices are very very good, and then you pay Royal Mail Special Delivery each way. The guy is called Steve something and he's very nice if a bit taciturn. Turnaround was under a month.

http://www.rytetimewatchrepairs.co.uk

Just had mrs Goats flieger back from Stowa about 6 weeks ago
    well impressed with the service- it has come back like new-really like new. I paid for a case refurb as well as service which needed a new crown, and seals all round It cost about 230 quid and well worth it in my opinion a brand new strap was also included.
    we dropped it off at the Stowa factory in the summer and had just the most fantastic service from Fanny and Luisa
    Highly recommended.
    I have owned 5 or 6 Stowa and will certainly buy again, Mrs Goats is a keeper for sure.

Grand Master
    I`ll help with this one if you're interested. Sounds like the mainspring's broken. I`m not desperate for jobs, I`m busy with other stuff at the moment, but this should be straightforward.

PM me if interested.

Paul