closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Page & Cooper - Damasko servicing

Page & Cooper - Damasko servicing

Don't think this has been covered previously - apologies if it has.

I was please to discover today that Page & Cooper's workshop is now a Damasko service centre. So you can now send your watch to them and they'll service the watch in the UK, using Damasko-supplied parts.

Personally very pleased, as I wasn't looking forward to sending my DC67 to Germany.

Grand Master
    Servicing the watch wouldn`t be a problem to most repairers provided it didn`t need case-specific parts (crown, pushers, hands etc). Not sure how willing Damasko would be to supply these parts.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Servicing the watch wouldn`t be a problem to most repairers provided it didn`t need case-specific parts (crown, pushers, hands etc). Not sure how willing Damasko would be to supply these parts.

Paul
    The problem is that Damaskos need some specific gaskets, and Damasko aren't willing to supply (to say the least).

Any idea how much they would charge for sevicing a non-chrono?

Can't see any prices quoted on P & C's website.

Don't know about Damasko but I just enquired with them about servicing a non-chrono Fortis and it was £280

I was quoted around £280 for my DC67 chrono.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    The problem is that Damaskos need some specific gaskets, and Damasko aren't willing to supply (to say the least).
    That's v. frustrating and sadly it's typical of the industry attitude. Gaskets and seals can usually be replaced using generic items; caseback O-rings are usually easy to sort out but O-rings on crowns and pushers can be a real pain.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    That's v. frustrating and sadly it's typical of the industry attitude. Gaskets and seals can usually be replaced using generic items; caseback O-rings are usually easy to sort out but O-rings on crowns and pushers can be a real pain.

Paul
    Damasko's attitude to providing the seals to watchmakers has frustrated quite a few people. And given the difficulties of dealing with Damasko generally it's a great relief to have the option of sending it to someone in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Packer View Post
    Don't know about Damasko but I just enquired with them about servicing a non-chrono Fortis and it was £280
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I was quoted around £280 for my DC67 chrono.
    Thanks chaps.

Master
    Sounds good value for the chrono. Granted it is only a 7750 but others such as Omega would gouge the hell out of you for that.

In the picture on the P&C page they show a Sinn? being stripped along with Lots of green Viton gaskets so perhaps they can get the right kit to do it properly.
    Last edited by Padders; 28th October 2015 at 08:06.

This is one of the things that's always put me off buying a damasko in the past. Might be a more appealing prospect in future.