closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Japan trip - Limited edition Japan only watches tips

Japan trip - Limited edition Japan only watches tips

I'm about to head off to Japan; unfortunately as I'll be with my three year old son there will not be much time for watch shopping. However in the unlikely event that I'm allowed to spend more than five minutes in a watch shop, what are some good tips for limited edition Japan only watches that I could look out for?

Otherwise hoping it make it to Jack Road and the surrounding shops. Last time I went to Lemon Sha which although a great find was too small and expensive a selection for me to actually buy anything.

Master
    Couple of options might be;

Shinjuku. West side of the station has Yodobashi Camera, which carries JDM models of Seiko, Citizen and the like (quite a nice display). There's a big BIC Camera at the west exit also. On the same side is GMT, and north of the station os Ippukishi, BEST etc (although maybe not as good for JDM). Advantage is that being Shinjuku there's loads of things to do with a three year old!

Ginza. Primarily the Seiko store between Yurakucho and Ginza itself, is good to see. If you're in Ginza the Nissan Crossing has a very cool car there at the moment (like something futuristic from Gran Turismo), and recommend Cafe Miyukikan too for a stop. More on the watch front, Watch CTI in Ginza 1-chome often has some nice pieces. All of those are within a few minutes walk of each other (and Lemon-sha is just round the corner from Watch CTI.

Ueno. Mizutani is a good shop for a range of Seiko although you never quite know what you will get, and there's another shop at the south end of the same street. Mizutani is just south of the station exit (cross the main road and go left into Ameyayokocho area). You're very close to Ueno Park, which is nice to walk around, as well as Shinobazu pond which might be nice.

Thank you, fantastic!

SBGX209 :)

If you are in the Ginza area, head to Bic Camera, Yurakucho. Walking distance.

Map: http://www.biccamera.co.jp/shoplist/shop-014.html

4th floor is full of toys. 3-year-old sorted.
    6th floor is full of watches. Dad sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Tokei View Post
    If you are in the Ginza area, head to Bic Camera, Yurakucho. Walking distance.

Map: http://www.biccamera.co.jp/shoplist/shop-014.html

4th floor is full of toys. 3-year-old sorted.
    6th floor is full of watches. Dad sorted.
    Nice, thanks. I did make it there on my last trip when the three year old was six months old, he will be less easy to distract from the toys this time!

Well, made it to Bic Camera on the last night and bought a metal G Shock for myself, photos below. Like the depth of dial and angles on the metal, plus it's midsized so not unwearable. Some very expensive top of the range G Shocks there too.

Also got my dad the Casio Oceanus which he loves, nice mix of tech and interesting materials plus versatile enough to be dressed up or down.

We did visit Jack Road with the idea of buying a vintage Seiko or Credor but as feared the selection was very Swiss heavy and expensive. Incredible range though, photo below.

Journeyman
    A wall of watches, love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbob View Post
    A wall of watches, love it!
    And that was only one of them... There were similar ones round the edge of the shop as well as several double faced shelves up to the ceiling in the middle!

What model G shock is that, I really like it and it's mid-size too!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
    What model G shock is that, I really like it and it's mid-size too!
    GST- W310. Light and comfortable too. Has so many angles with different finishes and I like the bezel with exposed polished chapter ring. There's a lot going on with the design!

Quote Originally Posted by mindforge View Post
    And that was only one of them... There were similar ones round the edge of the shop as well as several double faced shelves up to the ceiling in the middle!
    Missed that shop when I was in Tokyo in December.

Very cool wall!

Quote Originally Posted by Emilio View Post
    Missed that shop when I was in Tokyo in December.

Very cool wall!
    It was not that easy to find!