closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Does Wearing Your Rolex Make You Feel Different About Yourself

"Quote Originally Posted by jonasy View Post

That's so typical for any WIS.

First you despise Rolex as you know there are other brands. And then you will learn more about watches, and you start adore them for what they are and what they have done. And then you hate yourself as you expect everyone to believe you wear the Rolex because you're a noob and know nothing about watches ..."

Quote Originally Posted by Peteris View Post
    That is an excellent description of the way I feel, great post.

I agree. You constantly read posts elsewhere about Rolex being this or that and many of those posts are disparaging of the brand. In reality, like the brand or not, the history of it is real, what they do for charity is real although little of how much they give is known and if they make money at it so be it. I have read over the years that they are a "non'profit" but they are not really one. They are a "charitable trust" which is not considered to be a non-profit. Rolex makes a lot of money and I am good with that. The fact that they support some other activities is a plus.

I have owned one Rolex way back when but I much prefer a more formal dress watch.
    Last edited by koimaster; 15th February 2018 at 20:42.

Quote Originally Posted by koimaster View Post
    Well then, it appears the troll is really you after all as I thought. You see, I know who you are as well. I have read quite a few of your posts and bluntly put, you appear to think you are better than others. From your posts about a 250 pound fake rolex to posts at WUS, same old same old. In a thread at WUS you comment about a persons collection with the implication that it is boring although you did not use those exact words. I for one do not consider Zenith , AP or other watches to be boring but opinions vary. So keep your stiff upper lip and your "my crap does not smell" to yourself. I will not put up with it.

By the way, to make my point......

"If you doubt me - and why someone with 6k posts would want to troll his forum and mess around a blameless watchmaker, I've no idea - you could click on the supplied link and see if you could find the text I'm claiming to have found there.

Bizarre end to the day this is. At least it's bumped the notice in the OP."

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...plus-movements
    If you think that proves your point, you're hopelessly, hopelessly lost.

But congratulations on noticing that I use the same account name on different watch forums. Have a gold star
    Last edited by Der Amf; 15th February 2018 at 21:32. Reason: Correcting phone's bizarrely creative spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Peteris View Post
    That is an excellent description of the way I feel, great post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    If you think that proves your point, you're hopelessly, hopelessly lost.

But congratulations on noticing that I use the same account name on different watch forums. Have a gold star
    what I notice are the same boring posts, the snobbery and the idea that you are better than others. You seem to be under the impression that what you post matters more than others or that your position is the only one. Start a forum and see how long you last. You remind me of someone barely a step above the watchgeeks belonging to the now dead sales watch forum of the same name. Good thing you do not belong to watchlords, you would not last out the day there.

"If you doubt me - and why someone with 6k posts would want to troll his forum and mess around a blameless watchmaker"

I assume you think that post counts are important when you say 6k posts. Who cares how many you have, that does not mean you do not troll because you in fact do. Furthermore, you trolling now but I do find it amusing.

Last edited by koimaster; 15th February 2018 at 21:53.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Have you started a forum?

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post

yes, over 8 years ago. Because I know Eddie and respect him I will not post a direct link to it but if you google watchlords you find it. In fact there are quite a few folks from here on my forum.

yes

Quote Originally Posted by -Ally- View Post

Not a forum for everyone to be sure, but also Unmoderated and for adults not geeks who ask "what color tie should I wear with this watch".

I don't drink so I doubt it. Drunks like my late brother who died in 2016 at age 60 from drinking and destroying his liver are boring and weaklings. My late father was a drunk as well, his issues with his eldest son ended when I was 17 when he took a swing at me and I then knocked him on his ass. I joined the service the next day and he drank himself to death a few years later.
    I sympathize. But, Christ you're scarred. They've owned you for years.

Not a forum for everyone to be sure, but also Unmoderated and for adults not geeks who ask "what color tie should I wear with this watch".
    Ok that’s nice but I’ll have to just take your word on it.

Not a forum for everyone to be sure, but also Unmoderated and for adults not geeks who ask "what color tie should I wear with this .
    I've been there. It's basically a forum with regulars who, whether knowingly or not, attempt English humour.

Unsuccessfully.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    yes, over 8 years ago. Because I know Eddie and respect him I will not post a direct link to it but if you google watchlords you find it. In fact there are quite a few folks from here on my forum.
    Ahh. Not timelords? That would be a good name for a forum. Can you change It?

Verv, you're a bad, bad man...

Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    A what ?

Lol.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Learn much to have do you...

Blog Entries
    Something you’re not telling us C. 😂😂😂😂

Ahh...something subtly makes me think I just might possibly have erred in my assumption! Apologies, I'm a newbie here (obviously), and no offence intended. Sentiment remains though.

Verv, you're a bad, bad man....
    Technically, this is correct

Quote Originally Posted by Umbongo View Post
    I sympathize. But, Christ you're scarred. They've owned you for years.
    Not at all. I saw them 3 times in 40+ years and when they died I could have cared less. Now on the other hand, my late wife and grandkids may own grandpa.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbongo View Post
    I've been there. It's basically a forum with regulars who, whether knowingly or not, attempt English humour.

Unsuccessfully.

You must be referring to the guys from OZ and Scotland.

Ahh. Not timelords? That would be a good name for a forum. Can you change It?
    I think timelords fits quite nicely with The Doctor, a very funny british export.

What fresh hell is this?

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    What fresh hell entertainment is this?

I am sensing bitterness......

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Technically, this is correct
    Wotchit. I know who you are.

Master
    I like wearing Rolex watches that are well below the radar. To this extent, I would estimate that I wear either a 39mm Explorer (214270)or an old Freccione Explorer11 (1655) for about 90% of the time. The others are just too flash for comfort and I suspect they may soon be sold.

One of the most enjoyable moments for me (watch wise) was when I was walking around in St Marco in Venice and noticed a Rolex shop. I walked over to it and there was a group of 4 men looking at a recently released SD43 in the window. I joined them and we were all admiring it and chatted all things Rolex for about 10 minutes. They all noticed each others DJs and Subs but not one of them noticed my Freccione. I walked quite pleased that even four Rolex wearers had failed to notice that I was wearing a Rolex. The last thing I want is for someone to notice it.

Craftsman
    Story to share...I lost my job two years ago. It was technical training and pretty well paid with a lot of travelling. I bought a lot of watches during that period and lived - normal life. Then lost it because of economy and ever since trying to get back to similar without success. Ever since been tough with money. Because of that I had to sell my stuff including some watches just to get money.

Now went back to school, where I have to work for free as trainer to get my chef degree, hoping to combine it with my former career. Just yesterday I was listening when couple of kitchen workers dreamed about travelling to Spain for a holiday. (even ones with salary are not very rich people.) I am just smiling, doing my dishes and cleaning a floor while taking orders from people that are so young that they could be my children.
    I was thinking to sell my Rolex exp II at this point but did not. I keep it and wear it, because it reminds me that this is just one xxxx period in life that will end some day. Things where better and they will be some day again. My Rolex reminds me about that dream it keeps it alive.

I am never telling about my luxury life, and if ever somebody asks about my watch I will say it is fake my friend brought from China. How the hell I could have a real one???? Yes. Wearing Rolex makes me feel better.

-OD

Banned
    I can’t wait to buy one , I don’t own one yet :)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Rolex View Post
    I can’t wait to buy one , I don’t own one yet :)
    Should have called yourself 'Mr. No Rolex'!

Craftsman

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by bobbee View Post
    Should have called yourself 'Mr. No Rolex'!
    Or "Mr soon to get a Rolex"

Master
    Blog Entries

Yes

Yes!

My Day-Date YG 1803 lemon dial on President makes me smile!

It’s a stunner.
    M

Craftsman

Honest

Quote Originally Posted by odgreen View Post
    Story to share...I lost my job two years ago. It was technical training and pretty well paid with a lot of travelling. I bought a lot of watches during that period and lived - normal life. Then lost it because of economy and ever since trying to get back to similar without success. Ever since been tough with money. Because of that I had to sell my stuff including some watches just to get money.

Now went back to school, where I have to work for free as trainer to get my chef degree, hoping to combine it with my former career. Just yesterday I was listening when couple of kitchen workers dreamed about travelling to Spain for a holiday. (even ones with salary are not very rich people.) I am just smiling, doing my dishes and cleaning a floor while taking orders from people that are so young that they could be my children.
    I was thinking to sell my Rolex exp II at this point but did not. I keep it and wear it, because it reminds me that this is just one xxxx period in life that will end some day. Things where better and they will be some day again. My Rolex reminds me about that dream it keeps it alive.

I am never telling about my luxury life, and if ever somebody asks about my watch I will say it is fake my friend brought from China. How the hell I could have a real one???? Yes. Wearing Rolex makes me feel better.

-OD
    A very honest account on your life experience and what becomes a priority when the bad times arrive but do not go away as quickly as we would like.

A revaluation of how life was being lived always comes about during such times and although you may never sell the explorer, you may never wish to add to it either, preferring to remember the good and bad times through that one watch.

Thank you for sharing your story.

Craftsman
    I found this thread whilst looking for an answer and some of the posts have possibly given me the answer I was looking for.

I have owned my first Rolex for a couple of weeks. I haven't yet had the opportunity to wear it as I figured I was buying a nice watch to wear when dressed up and going out, but haven't been out yet.

Most days, I just wear my G-Shock, it does everything I want, including telling me when the high tide is, which is quite relevant for me. So, I think I am wasting my nice watch, sitting in its box. Is it to be enjoyed and used everyday, I am starting to think that it is.

I use a keyboard everyday, so I am unsure if the bracelet will scratch a lot on my desk.

Going to guess that most people on here are wearing a nice watch daily.

Master
    ^^ yes, no point in having a nice watch that doesn’t get worn.

I've spent the last 10 years not owning a Rolex, no problem with the brand just didn't like the "image" that seemed to go with them. Just bought a 1969 GMT, no idea why except i liked it and "needed" a GMT - i've only got one GMT watch apart from the Rolex and it was lonely. No wearing it does not make me feel different any more than wearing a Pam or Omega, it is however a lovely watch with just the right amount of patina.

Quote Originally Posted by andyb28 View Post
    I found this thread whilst looking for an answer and some of the posts have possibly given me the answer I was looking for.

I have owned my first Rolex for a couple of weeks. I haven't yet had the opportunity to wear it as I figured I was buying a nice watch to wear when dressed up and going out, but haven't been out yet.

Most days, I just wear my G-Shock, it does everything I want, including telling me when the high tide is, which is quite relevant for me. So, I think I am wasting my nice watch, sitting in its box. Is it to be enjoyed and used everyday, I am starting to think that it is.

I use a keyboard everyday, so I am unsure if the bracelet will scratch a lot on my desk.

Going to guess that most people on here are wearing a nice watch daily.
    Wear it in the evenings every day to get used to it - at some point you'll stop thinking of it as 'my nice watch' and enjoy it for being a... well... nice watch. Absolutely no point not enjoying it!