closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 7 issued Precistas, 3 issued Seikos and 1 issued Pulsar - the collection so far!

Craftsman

7 issued Precistas, 3 issued Seikos and 1 issued Pulsar - the collection so far!

This is what I currently have with a 95 issue CWC diver incoming:

Once you start you can't stop!

Just need a bezel for the 82 - I live in hope!!

Nice collection of Precista's just added my first the 93 diver. I know timefactors did a reissued of the one missing a bezel you have in your collection wonder if one off the reissue would fit ?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by River Rat View Post
    Nice collection of Precista's just added my first the 93 diver. I know timefactors did a reissued of the one missing a bezel you have in your collection wonder if one off the reissue would fit ?
    Unfortunately not - that was what I was hoping when Eddie announced that he was doing the re-issue but its a totally different size and construction. I know that there are several Jules Racine (Enicar) watches out their that have the same case and bezel as mine but trying to find one of those is even harder than trying to find an issued 82! I did see one over on Watch freaks - PM'd the owner but looks like he's not using that website anymore as I never had any responses. Maybe one day.

Also curious as to what sort of price an issued 82 would go for these days - last time I saw one was a few years ago and it went for over £2k!

Craftsman
    Nice collection - shame the reissue won't fit on the '82 - even if it didn't 'go' entirely, it looks a bit naked at present! I personally am also a fan of the Gen 1 Seiko watches - think they are a great looking pilot's watch.

I'd guess it would be £3k maybe more - hard to gauge as they are somewhat scarce and dont show up for sale.

Fantastic collection Phil. It must have taken some time to find such rare pieces.

I don't think I'll ever be able to get the 5 missing Precistas for my Magnificent 7. I've got both of the G10 versions, but not the 82, 88, 89, 93 or the chronograph. I can assemble most of a virtual Magificent 7 with my PRS-17Q, PRS-18Q and my Broadarrow PRS-5, although the Precista version would be better obviously. However, I now need a PRS-82 and a Precista 88. In the absence of finding a Precista 88 at a reasonable price or Eddie reissuing the PRS-17Q with the 88 dial, I could buy a PRS-18Q and swap the dial and movement with a watch having the same case as the PRS-17Q. Such a franken wouldn't look identical to the Precista 88, but would be pretty close I think.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Timelord View Post
    Fantastic collection Phil. It must have taken some time to find such rare pieces.

I don't think I'll ever be able to get the 5 missing Precistas for my Magnificent 7. I've got both of the G10 versions, but not the 82, 88, 89, 93 or the chronograph. I can assemble most of a virtual Magificent 7 with my PRS-17Q, PRS-18Q and my Broadarrow PRS-5, although the Precista version would be better obviously. However, I now need a PRS-82 and a Precista 88. In the absence of finding a Precista 88 at a reasonable price or Eddie reissuing the PRS-17Q with the 88 dial, I could buy a PRS-18Q and swap the dial and movement with a watch having the same case as the PRS-17Q. Such a franken wouldn't look identical to the Precista 88, but would be pretty close I think.
    Must admit that my original intention was to try and collect all 5 of Eddie's PRS versions as well - I've previously had all these at various different times way before I started the quest for the 7 issued Precistas - but that drive to collect mil issue pieces has kicked in again, hence the sale of the recently acquired PRS-17Q and PRS-82. Received a nice 95 issue CWC diver today so who knows - maybe I'll try for the various CWC divers that have been issued over the years, though teh earlier pieces are now demanding some pretty steep prices, especially those with the older style ceramic bezel.

I was lucky when I started looking for the 7 as I managed to get hold of the 2 rarest pieces early on (the 81 chrono and 82 diver, the only 2 that aren't quartz).

Eddies versions are a pretty good substitute and much more affordable - they're all great watches too, better built and probably more reliable than their original mil issue counterparts.

It becomes an obsession collecting mil issue pieces so be careful as once you start you won't stop!

Craftsman
    Very nice collection, you need a short hand pulsar now and a gen 1 pulsar oh and a gen two pulsar and and and on it goes

I do believe I am a little green
    Gray

Journeyman
    nice collection, where is the pulsar issued?

Very nice!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley637 View Post
    Very nice collection, you need a short hand pulsar now and a gen 1 pulsar oh and a gen two pulsar and and and on it goes
    Short handed Pulsar now acquired!

Craftsman
    [QUOTE=philjopa;3721161]Short handed Pulsar now acquired![/QUOTE
    You dont mess about