closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: What an absolutely beautiful watch...

Master

What an absolutely beautiful watch...

This isn't mine unfortunately as I just offered to sort some better images for the seller. However I couldn't not make a thread about it. It's absolutely amazing!!

The watch is a white gold Panerai Radiomir 00235 of which only 250 were ever produced; Omega, read "Limited Edition" I must admit, was never a fan of this type of case until recently, when I fell for a 00183. However this thing just takes it to a whole new level! 45mm White gold case, 10 day automatic movement with seconds-to-zero reset function and second Time-Zone, 100M WR etc. Even the crystal has a wonderful dome effect to it.

I know the Paneristi prefer a simple dial, and I can see why sometimes, but with this, the complications totally add to the watch. I believe this was the first in-house Panerai auto movement? It's a long time since I've felt a movement wind so smoothly... it's way better than an ETA PAM I tried recently.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to acquire a more suitable lens in time, so I shot these on my little RX100.

Last edited by W44NNE; 23rd October 2015 at 22:24.

Banned
    dam thats a nice watch, now that looks the part

Nope - I can't get past the cyclops, date and that unforgivably hideous, clumsy and incongruous power reserve indicator.
    A lowly 183 is superior.

Banned
    Was it too hard for them to use lugs and spring bars, or is this simply a cheaper way to attach a strap?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandS View Post
    Was it too hard for them to use lugs and spring bars, or is this simply a cheaper way to attach a strap?
    I can't find a head-scratching icon thingy but I love the wire lugs. They're unusual and suit the design perfectly. If you prefer lugs, there are the 1940 and 1950 models etc, but the Radiomir has always had this setup.

I'm nothing but impressed with this watch :-)

Somehow, it seems to be less than the sum of its parts. The design doesn't gel as whole for me.

Never liked them. The lugs look terrible.

Master
    You need to try a radiomir on to appreciate it

imo panerais best case

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post
    Nope - I can't get past the cyclops, date and that unforgivably hideous, clumsy and incongruous power reserve indicator.
    A lowly 183 is superior.
    I have a 183 and like you prefer a cleaner dial. Must admit this and other recent threads have got me hankering to try an in house movement though

Nice! However, I went from this (a 268)...

To this (a 337)...

Much prefer the cleaner dial, tbh.

I'm not a fan of that I'm afraid, lovely photos though. I don't like the power reserve, or the fact that dial looks like a stencil. The stubby mini dial looks out of keeping with the main hands as well. Each to their own though.

i actually really like it when they take the design language and run with it. The panerai design language is kind of limited and basically once you have recreations of the historic pieces that's it. I like the perpetual calendar IWC portuguese and big pilots (it is a matter of time until i give in to that itch). I have a couple of watches the paneristi hate due to the complexity of the dials but i love them, i suspect the 365 is the most complex dial they've done, it is clearly a panerai but does so much more, like an old house with a contemporary interior

The same applies to precious metal, i don't know why but there is kind of something interesting about the watch in one of the golds, once again it's that twist on the normal that kind of makes it cool

the only thing i'm not so sure on is the cyclops, otherwise i think it's a great watch