closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would you buy a Rolex from Iconic

Iconic seem pretty good to me and I will use them next time.
    A shame this thread has been spoilt by the self-appointed forum police again.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Vincent View Post
    I can only apologise again, I foolishly jumped in without knowing the rules, I wasn't touting for business, I just saw the question and thought since I had one in stock I would offer the option, I would happily make a donation to the forum charity to appease for my over eagerness
    Personally I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on the basis that if you were a sinister dodgy geezer you wouldn't have been stoopid enough to post in the public thread about your PM. :)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Routers View Post
    A shame this thread has been spoilt by the self-appointed forum police again.
    To be fair I'm not sure there is any other way they'd be appointed. :o)

Journeyman
    I used Iconic twice. Spoke with Chris and got very good price on both watches. There isn't anything to complain really. The delivery is tracked and packaged well. Hard to recognize if something valuable is inside.
    I wouldn't hesitate to buy again as it gave me 1.5k saving on two watches. The best deal I got from AD at that time was interest free credit for 4 years :D

Craftsman
    I have dealt with iconic. Bought my first good watch from there, a planet ocean. I went in person to complete the deal and met the lady owner who was very nice.

I will deal with them again in the future, definitely.

For an Explorer II, I'd be holidaying in Europe and bringing one home. Probably the same for almost any Rolex or Omega at the minute.
    It's just a matter of time...

Apprentice
    Another thumbs up for iconic - bought from them last year and no issues

Craftsman
    As said before if it saves you a grand , wave goodbye to the AD.

Master
    Bought several pieces from Iconic. Very highly recommended

Lots of good reviews, a question to previous buyers if I may. Do they offer any movement on their quoted prices or are they set in stone? Has anyone spoken to them attracted by the price and managed to nudge it a bit?

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    Lots of good reviews, a question to previous buyers if I may. Do they offer any movement on their quoted prices or are they set in stone? Has anyone spoken to them attracted by the price and managed to nudge it a bit?
    I've heard people say they've got a small discount, but usually the 'discount' you might get elsewhere with persistent haggling is factored into their asking price...

I paid their asking price for my HC - It was in stock and well below the asking price elsewhere.

You can but try

M

'Don't ask don't get' but in the case of Iconic I felt their pricing was already sharp enough so didn't try to negotiate.

Master
    Yes... although not a massive amount.

Master
    I think this depends on what watch you want to buy from them and if they have it in stock or they have to source it. I did ask if they would offer any further discounts on my SOH when I bought it about 2 months ago and they said no, so I didn't try any more haggling, as the price was pretty low already. That being said, they do hold sales on in stock watches from time to time, so I guess that if you're buying existing stock they would budge a bit on the price. You can try, the worst they can do is say no

Craftsman
    I wouldn't hesitate to do so, great service when I bought my Seamaster.

The Explorer II seems to be around £4600 from Iconic, but a few EU dealers are closer to £4k. Also the Omega Speedmaster in the new box set is around £2500 from Iconic, but can be had for a little over £2k or at least £2250 froma few EU dealers with a bit of searching about - I haven't bought but have spoken to dealers in Germany, Belgium and Italy that stated prices a fair bit better than Iconic, but I'd be travelling over there to make sure - or for convenience Iconic seems very good. One of my fellow directors used them for his gold Sub.

I bought my DSSD from Iconic last year. The saving was £1200.

The only slight downside was that they had sold the last one the day before so I had to wait four weeks to get another in ..but at that saving it wasn't a problem and I was more than happy to wait.

The service was superb..I was kept updated every step of the way and they even adjusted the bracelet for me so when I received it the fit was perfect.

Delivery was next day FedEx and it was beautifully packaged so there was no risk of damage. The watch itself was from an AD in Turin.

Regarding discounts..I was happy with £1200 so didn't push for anymore.

As far as their business model goes It's obviously volume based and I believe someone stated previously that they make 4% on each watch and source from all over Europe. I guess it helps that the £/€ is in our favour, plus since 2008 a lot of Southern Europe ADs have struggled to meet their targets and I would suspect the risk is if they don't meet the quota they risk losing the franchise. What it has opened my eyes to is just how much mark up there is!

Ultimately, I guess it boils down to how much you are willing to pay extra for the 'privilege' of buying from your local AD . .For me the £1200 saving was a no brainer and I will certainly look to use them again for my next purchase

My Datejust and Aqua Terra both came from Iconic. Thoroughly recommended.

Just a thought for the OP, not that I would ever put you off the clearly excellent Iconic.

If you would rather go down the AD route perhaps ask if they could do a discount in another way?

For example, I bought a Rolex Sub ND for a friend's wedding through an AD I've bought several watches from. As is standard, they couldn't do a discount on the watch but they said "in order to look after you, as a valued customer, we will cover the cost of the watch's first service." At the moment that's ~£500, so a 10%ish discount. By the time it needs to be serviced it'll probably be worth a bit more. Not the £900 saving you're getting with Iconic, and certainly not an "immediate" saving per se, but if you fancy the "AD Experience" when you buy your watch, perhaps as a valued customer of theirs your AD might cut you a similar deal.

PM me if you want more details of the deal I did with my AD.

Looks like I won't be going to Iconic, my other half has just been told she going to the US at the weekend on work (great planning) and Rolex at T5 have the Explorer 2 in stock:)

Lets hope no one buys it between now and Saturday:)

I hate this waiting

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavham View Post
    Ask them to keep it for you... or you can always buy from Iconic ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Cavham View Post
    Looks like I won't be going to Iconic, my other half has just been told she going to the US at the weekend on work (great planning) and Rolex at T5 have the Explorer 2 in stock:)

I hate this waiting
    Can you not pay a deposit and pick it up on the way through?

Looks like you won't have to wait so long :)

Rolex policy in terminal 5 is they wont take a deposit or hold the watch. However, the nice lady said she will call me Friday and confirm it is still in and see what she can do:)

Hope none of you lot want or are flying out of T5 between now and Saturday:)

Well I am pleased to say, it was there and now have the explorer 2, however I wont see it for another week:(

Iconic will be my next try when something new catches my eye.

Great company to deal with, 100% happy.

Craftsman
    Another thumbs up for Iconic.

I bought a new Rolex from them last year, picked it up from their Blackburn showroom.

Good service, bracelet resized in minutes, no issues at all.

Would not hesitate to buy from them again.

I would buy again without hesitation,100% professional and I saved over £1200 for the same watch from an Ad.

Here`s the beauty I received a week ago ,got the new Wood effect box also and the 4 yr warranty.

Iconic are great to deal with. Purchased a Speedy Moonphase last week. Lovely people and an excellent price. Picked it up and had a lovely chat with the two women there when I called.

Chris

Grand Master
    I must be the only guy on here who hadn`t realised that Iconic are the same concern as Ancient & Modern at Blackburn!

Having now twigged, I`d have no hesitation in dealing with them.

Paul

Journeyman
    I sold them an IWC and bought a GMT BLNR, nice people to deal with, would certainly deal there again.

Just picked this up from Iconic, can't recommend them highly enough. :)

Master
    I really want to deal with Iconic but they currently have the new Pelagos at full whack so I am waiting with baited breath until there is a more meaningful discount.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    I really want to deal with Iconic but they currently have the new Pelagos at full whack so I am waiting with baited breath until there is a more meaningful discount.
    Find one at an AD and ask the question, you might be surprised!

Quote Originally Posted by Padders View Post
    The price on the website is not full whack. Its a few hundred off list price for the new Pelagos.

Chris

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluemoon7 View Post
    The price on the website is not full whack. Its a few hundred off list price for the new Pelagos.

Chris
    Indeed? Ok in that case I perhaps should have said that I am waiting for the initial rush to calm down so a more meaningful discount can emerge.

I may well try twisting the arm of an AD.

Has anyone managed a discount from Iconic on a pre-owned Rolex? I'm looking at a 16520, though I expect the price is firm!

Journeyman
    Used iconic a few times now not only do they give good discounts they also give a fair price when selling them watches.

Quote Originally Posted by Gmtmastertwo View Post
    Used iconic a few times now not only do they give good discounts they also give a fair price when selling them watches.
    Good to know thanks, any idea what is likely, 10/15%. Will give them a call but good to know of others experience. It would be better to pop in but I'm a long way from Blackburn!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    Good to know thanks, any idea what is likely, 10/15%. Will give them a call but good to know of others experience. It would be better to pop in but I'm a long way from Blackburn!
    Err the way I read the above is that they already give a good stated discount vs the list price. I doubt you will get much more unless very persuasive and in person and the watch in question isn't a fast seller.

Hmm ignore that, I presume you are specifically talking about used. As you were!

Yes I would IF they can provide me with one that has not been out of the box and still have every single sticker on.

If not then I would go to the Rolex boutique on Bond street and pay full RRP but experience the full Rolex service.

For me, If the watch been out of the box on display or handled by others in my eyes is a second hand watch, and second hand should be in a different price bracket.... would you buy and pay a full price for a new iPhone thats been taken out of the box, charged and dont have any stickers on? Dont think so! With something like Rolex £900 are worth the piece of mind...

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Yes I would IF they can provide me with one that has not been out of the box and still have every single sticker on.

If not then I would go to the Rolex boutique on Bond street and pay full RRP but experience the full Rolex service.

For me, If the watch been out of the box on display or handled by others in my eyes is a second hand watch, and second hand should be in a different price bracket.... would you buy and pay a full price for a new iPhone thats been taken out of the box, charged and dont have any stickers on? Dont think so! With something like Rolex £900 are worth the piece of mind...
    Don't be silly, silly....

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post

The watch I'm interested in is used.

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    Don't be silly, silly....
    Hehe, I don't think I would have the guts to buy a second hand Rolex...

Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    The watch I'm interested in is used.
    Fair enough mate, I would have no problems buying from Iconic. They are one of the most trusted and cheapest dealers out there.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    I must be the only guy on here who hadn`t realised that Iconic are the same concern as Ancient & Modern at Blackburn! Having now twigged, I`d have no hesitation in dealing with them. Paul
    Try and keep up, Paul :)

Simon

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Backward point View Post
    Regardless of your motives, if you are here to use your membership to sell, you should firstly have been here for 180 days and have 250 posts, and secondly donate 10% of the proceeds (gross value of the sale) to the Forum Fundraiser.
    Where does that definition of "proceeds" come from? How can a dealer donate 10% of the gross value of a sale? 10% of the profit I can understand, but 10% of the gross value? If he buys a watch for 5000 pounds and sells it for 5300, is he supposed to donate 530 pounds, 10% of the gross value? Really?

According to http://www.thefreedictionary.com/proceeds
    "proceeds (ˈprəʊsiːdz)
    pl n
    1. (Commerce) the profit or return derived from a commercial transaction, investment, etc"

So, if the profit is 300 pounds the dealer should pay 30 pounds to the charity, not 530.