closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Junghans Ceramic Strap Repair

Junghans Ceramic Strap Repair

I have a Junghans Mega Solar which has a black ceramic case and matching strap consisting of ceramic rectangular section rings threaded on a silicone and plastic core. The rings are separated by moulded ridges. The attached picture shows the type of strap. For the second time in 10 years the core has perished. The first time it happened, I sent the rings off to Jon Vincent (the watch repairer) and they restrung them on a new core. This time, since Jon Vincent no longer deal with Junghans, I bought a new core from these people http://www.watch-band-center.com/wat...-silicone.html and thought I would restring them myself.

I found it impossible to get the rings on as everyone has to go over the moulded ridges, of course multiple times. In fact I ended up tearing the silicone. Before I waste any more money, has anyone experience of doing this? Is there some simple trick to it? Or is there a special tool I need?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Hetherington View Post
    I have a Junghans Mega Solar which has a black ceramic case and matching strap consisting of ceramic rectangular section rings threaded on a silicone and plastic core. The rings are separated by moulded ridges. The attached picture shows the type of strap. For the second time in 10 years the core has perished. The first time it happened, I sent the rings off to Jon Vincent (the watch repairer) and they restrung them on a new core. This time, since Jon Vincent no longer deal with Junghans, I bought a new core from these people http://www.watch-band-center.com/wat...-silicone.html and thought I would restring them myself.

I found it impossible to get the rings on as everyone has to go over the moulded ridges, of course multiple times. In fact I ended up tearing the silicone. Before I waste any more money, has anyone experience of doing this? Is there some simple trick to it? Or is there a special tool I need?
    Buy some silicon grease. Rub it all over the core before you start and an impossible job becomes a doddle. Changing the bloody capacitor when it inevitably fails on the other hand...

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by M4tt View Post
    Buy some silicon grease. Rub it all over the core before you start and an impossible job becomes a doddle. Changing the bloody capacitor when it inevitably fails on the other hand...
    Thanks! I will order another and give it a go. When the capacitor fails, I know where to come...

Apprentice

Repair.

Quote Originally Posted by M4tt View Post
    Hi M4tt,

Would you be willing to make the same repair to my bracelet for a fee please?
    I live in Marden. Kent and would be willing to travel.

Cheers,

Chris.