closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Posting to Limerick, ROI - options?

Posting to Limerick, ROI - options?

A little advice please, I'm sure I'm not the only one finding themselves having to post to Southern Ireland.

Need to get a watch with a value of £350 to Limerick. The buyer has asked that I don't use a Royal Mail service as there is an industrial dispute there at the moment.

A quick look on Interparcel and using someone like UPS it's looking like £25-30 depending on service used and if the package is dropped off at one of their collection points!

Anyone with any recommendations for a secure and reliable service please?!! Or is this around the going rate?

David

Master
    Ask them to sign up to parcel motel

you can post rm to their uk pm address and pm delivers to the buyer

I've sent items to all parts of the ROI over the last 20 years with nary a problem via Royal Mail.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34426129

Whilst some have stories of poor service from myHermes I send stuff by them at least once a week, again without any issues.

https://international.myhermes.co.uk/

Master
    Irish postal service is striking right now so Royal Mail sent item will stop once it gets here

Master
    Blog Entries
    So you want to post a parcel to limerick,
    And for it go get there rather quick,
    Avoiding Royal Mail,
    For they're a sorry tale,
    Don't these disputes get on your wick.

Sorry...

Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    Avoiding Royal Mail,

Sorry...
    Excellent Dave haha

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dave O'Sullivan View Post
    Avoiding Royal Mail,

Sorry...
    Excellent Dave haha

Master
    Parcel Motel will work fine, lots of people in ROI use it. If the buyer doesn't want to use it, I can DPD it from Northern Ireland for you but the cost is £7. And you'd have to use RMSD to get it to me obviously so maybe £14 total?

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    Parcel Motel will work fine, lots of people in ROI use it. If the buyer doesn't want to use it, I can DPD it from Northern Ireland for you but the cost is £7. And you'd have to use RMSD to get it to me obviously so maybe £14 total?
    That's a generous and very helpful gesture, thank you demonloop!

I've PM'd the buyer to ask him if he'd be happy to do it this way, see no reason for him not to. Could you please PM me your mailing details and if the buyer is happy I'll have it in the post to you tommorow. Let me know you how'd you'd like paying for the onward posting too

For everyone else, including the limerick writer - thanks for suggestions, PM looks interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post

Great gesture.Nice to see the spirit of the forum is alive.Top man.

Master
    I used UKMail / ipostparcels.com last week to send to Dublin. Parcel got there ok, but the fact their online tracker wasn't working, the parcel was delayed by a day, their call centre couldn't tell me where it was and didn't give me the call back they promised... I can't recommend them.

Master
    Here's a thought ....One of my sales guys lives up north, so I can get you a Northern Ireland postal address that you can send the watch directly to, I can collect it from him at the next sales meeting ...

Let me know if that sorts all issues ...

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by techireland2000 View Post
    Here's a thought ....One of my sales guys lives up north, so I can get you a Northern Ireland postal address that you can send the watch directly to, I can collect it from him at the next sales meeting ...

Let me know if that sorts all issues ...

Joe
    Dropped you a PM Joe...it's going to be your watch, I'll let you decide which way you'd like it sent.

I'd just like to get the package to you safely and quickly! Just need the info' asked for by PM for either method please.

David