closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chrono24 seller Feedback thread - post yours

Master

Chrono24 seller Feedback thread - post yours

I know a lot of people are wary of using chrono 24 so just wanted to add my experience with Pluswatch.it in Rome.

Quick responses to queries, detailed info regarding payment options etc, and once we struck a deal i had the watch in 24 hours of Alantinos receipt of my funds.

I bought brand new for reference, watch fully stickered and EU warranty activated from an AD.

Hope this helps someone out there
    Last edited by cyrusir; 23rd September 2015 at 13:08.

Good to put in H&V as well?

Blog Entries
    Why don't we have a running thread on chrono24 reviews, good and bad. I know I'd find it useful to be able to dip in and see others experiences.

Thanks for the review OP.

Master
    Not a bad idea running thread in h&v ? I can start have experience of 5 or so sellers

Blog Entries
    Why don't you just keep it in here, it'll get lost in H&V i imagine. Just amend the title of this thread to something like 'Chrono24 Seller Feedback Thread - Post Yours' and bingo.

Master
    I've bought my rolex sub (NOS) from Rapisarda gioielli outlet. I'm originally from Catania and my flat is very close to their shop. They are a family run business. They'll drop their prices if you offer to pay cash. Excellent experience overall. Feel free to PM me if you want more info or if you need a translator :-)

www.grimmeissen.de/

http://www.grimmeissen.de/

Absolutely fantastic service from Andreas and his team with a Patek Phillipe Nautilus chrono. Great price and when I had an issue, they took it back without question and had it serviced at PP for me.

www.thewatchcollectors.com/

www.thewatchcollectors.com

Great service from a Belgian dealer, Fabrice with a Vacheron Constatin. Took another VC as a trade in from me at the price discussed and sent me a very beautiful watch as descibed.

Master
    Blog Entries

http://www.cesareorologi.com/

http://www.cesareorologi.com/ - I bought an AP ROO from Casare Paselli, paid by bank transfer the watch arrived quickly and as described.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DB9yeti View Post
    www.thewatchcollectors.com

Great service from a Belgian dealer, Fabrice with a Vacheron Constatin. Took another VC as a trade in from me at the price discussed and sent me a very beautiful watch as descibed.
    Was your VC "driver" watch from them?
    Do you know where I can see one in person?
    Not really interested in buying it at the moment but really curious to have a look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deckard81 View Post
    Was your VC "driver" watch from them?
    Do you know where I can see one in person?
    Not really interested in buying it at the moment but really curious to have a look at it.
    Yep, that's the one. They have them on display in the VC boutique on Bond St, can't be more helpful than that I'm afraid!

Master
    Yep, that's the one. They have them on display in the VC boutique on Bond St, can't be more helpful than that I'm afraid!
    Thanks. Bond St. is perfect as it is close to my workplace. Didn't know there was a VC boutique there but I should have guessed...

Wempe have them too :)

juwelierduesseldorf.de

Here's an older feedback I gave about a seller and chrono24...

'Had a very bad experience with chrono24 that ended up costing me 600 EUR more than expected, with my JLC Master Grande Taille. The watch was presented as top condition, but was not - only saw it when it reached me (oxidation on hands and dial). I wrote to the seller (juwelierduesseldorf.de) but received no answer, then, after a couple of angry mails from me, they declined to take responsibility although I sent them the picture posted on chrono24, where the oxidation was visible when you knew where to look (which I didn't, regretfully). They said that the watch they sent me was perfect and implied that I have something to do with it :evil: I didn't even asked for a refund, just for support and contribution in replacing the dial and the hands.

What was even more annoying was the fact the gentlemen from chrono24 refused to change the status of juwelierdusseldorf from 'trusted seller' (although I sent them too the picture showing the oxidation - again, picture that was posted on their site initially!).

Eventually I brought the watch to the local JLC AD and it cost me about 600 EUR.

So you may imagine what my opinion about chrono24 is.'

PS: I notice that the link does not work anymore, hope they went bankrupt

Master
    Fantastic thread.

Have just been looking on C 24 - unsure of which sellers can and can't be trusted.

Master
    I had a frustrating time dealing with "virtuoso" in Italy... Frustrating regarding time scales and communications.
    But ultimately I got the watch as ordered and the price was good..

I would use them again, but I'd be better prepared.

I've used "DC Luxury Watches" in Italy and I have to say they were excellent. Watch arrived within 2 days of payment being made.

Purchased a Lange & Sohne from Cologne Watch Centre http://www.colognewatch.de/. The payment went through at around 1.00pm on a Wednesday and I was wearing the watch by 11.00am the following morning. Just as described.

Master
    If you pay via PayPal are you better covered in case something goes wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by solwisesteve View Post
    If you pay via PayPal are you better covered in case something goes wrong?
    They don't usually accept it - too much risk from their side (plus fees etc). Credit card the way to go if you are risk averse.

Juwelier Burger - Germany. Bought 2 watches from them, received both watches within 24 hours of my payment arriving. Highly recommended.

www.finetimepieces.com - Germany. Very good service and fast delivery. Recommended.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Juwelier Burger - Germany. Bought 2 watches from them, received both watches within 24 hours of my payment arriving. Highly recommended.
    Indeed recommendable, but the Juwelier Burger that I know is based in Maastricht, Holland

Master
    Others I'd recommend bought new or Nearly new watches from all

showcommerce in Italy
    kroon watches in Belgium
    juwelier burger in Holland
    buysellawatch in Cyprus

not recommended

david cypers Belgium sold me a brand new Rolex with missing bracelet links and wouldn't do anything to correct the problem

Journeyman
    Does anyone have any experience of juwelier eupen?

Auktionen Th. Keuchel

I did a deal via C24 before Christmas on a Sinn 142 with Auktionen Th. Keuchel and after an initial bump caused by Gmail's spam filter, had faultless communications with Herr Keuchel.
    When it became apparent that our messages were missing each other, he called me on my mobile to discuss my questions.
    A deal was struck, money transferred and the watch dispatched the next day by Fed Ex.

The package even contained a mini pack of Gummi Bears, a nice Xmas touch from Germany. :)

Auktionen Th. Keuchel is an auction group with a number of locations, but dealing with Herr Keuchel was a pleasure.

Craftsman
    Purchased three watches via Chrono24 over the past six months from the following:

CC Watches - Monaco (Clarissa)
    Antica Orologeria Roma - (Emiliano)
    Juwelier Burger BV - Maastricht (Monique)

Highly recommend all three - great communication and watches arrived in great condition.

Craftsman
    Great thread! Well done op.

Apprentice
    This is a great post, I keep looking on their as there seems to be some good potential buys but with it being the first and dealing abroad I was sceptical. Thank you.

Craftsman
    Tradeluxe of Vienna - via Trusted Checkout. Very good experience.

Malcolm Gillan (or M J Gillan). Just a fantastic person to buy from. Highly recommended.

http://www.malcolmgillan.com/

https://www.chrono24.co.uk/dealer/ma...llan/index.htm

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1010 View Post
    This is a great post, I keep looking on their as there seems to be some good potential buys but with it being the first and dealing abroad I was sceptical. Thank you.
    Agreed. In the same position here.

I used watches.de to purchase my PAM 421, Matteo was the guy I dealt with, would recommend them.

My friend just purchased a rose gold APROO from monacowatch.com (MW) and the watch arrived within a couple of days, he had the serial all checked out with AP London and no problems what so ever.

I know MW have mixed reviews and I told my friend this, but the purchase was very smooth and the watch is an absolute beauty!

Bought and sold from this guy (mainly because he's 'local' to me) 'Watch & Bullion' cannot recommend enough:

http://www.chrono24.co.uk/search/ind...&dosearch=true

theres a lot of high end comission stuff on his list but he does normal stuff too!

Master

Absolutely fantastic service from Andreas and his team with a Patek Phillipe Nautilus chrono. Great price and when I had an issue, they took it back without question and had it serviced at PP for me.
    A curate's egg for me.

Andreas refused to haggle and was a poor communicator.
    Bettina, however, was excellent in every way. (Except haggling.)
    However, beware. On the site, 'Sehr gut' is translated as 'Mint'. It isn't. The 'Mint' watch I bought was, at best, 'Quite Good' - not Mint, not Excellent, not Very Good and not Good.

Two of the three sub-dial hands (it was a Perpetual Calendar) had been damaged when they were removed/replaced in the past and the (expensive) bracelet was a mess, with every screw gouged and two actually missing. Bizarrely, the bracelet had also been replaced the wrong way round.

Bettina arranged quickly for the watch to be collected by FedEx (who'd delivered it) at Grimmeissen's expense. No problems.
    However, the refund, when it came a week later, was at a poor rate of exchange and I lost £184.

Would I buy from Grimmeissen again? Yes, perhaps surprisingly, I probably would, but only if I could see excellent high-resolution pictures of the watch first and if we sorted out a refund rate in advance.

Bought from Cyril at Watchconsulting via Chrono.

Deal was excellent, great communication and the watch was as described.

http://www.watchconsulting.com/

Master
    Bought a Panerai from buysellawatch.com.
    Everything went smoothly.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by EJL25 View Post
    Bought a Panerai from buysellawatch.com.
    Everything went smoothly.
    yes had the same experience

From chrono24 I discovered Relojes Exclusivos. A thread here gave reassurance. I bought a Junghans and got full manufacturer's warranty with a nice GM discount. Delivered within 5 working days of purchase, from Spain to London

I'll echo the initial post on this thread, regarding Plus Watch in Italy. Very smooth transaction using Trusted Checkout, the watch (brand new Breitling Navitimer World) was perfect, the price was remarkable (about £500 less than Iconic, delivered) and DHL got it from the dealers premises to my front door in 22 hours.

Simon

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post
    I'll echo the initial post on this thread, regarding Plus Watch in Italy. Very smooth transaction using Trusted Checkout, the watch (brand new Breitling Navitimer World) was perfect, the price was remarkable (about £500 less than Iconic, delivered) and DHL got it from the dealers premises to my front door in 22 hours.

Simon
    You do realise this is probably where Iconic get alot of their stock, then slap the £500 on top as expenses.

Quote Originally Posted by ~dadam02~ View Post
    You do realise this is probably where Iconic get alot of their stock, then slap the £500 on top as expenses.
    Well we know Iconic have to get them from somewhere....

In fairness I've been idly looking at the prices for a new Breitling Aerospace Evo, and Iconic come up within a hundred quid of the best price from an EU dealer (in Germany) on Chrono24 - given that little difference I'd buy it from Iconic.

Simon

Master
    Is there a danger that Chrono24's going to become the price-setter, the first point of reference, the standard for European watches and so prices are going to be driven up?

Maybe, although I'm not sure the result would be to drive prices up. I suspect I'm not alone in checking out prices on Chrono24 to try and get an idea on price levels generally...

Simon

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post
    ... I suspect I'm not alone in checking out prices on Chrono24 to try and get an idea on price levels generally...

Simon
    Exactly!

Glad to read good about pluswatch. They have amazing prices, so I may get tempted.

Quote Originally Posted by willzy View Post
    Glad to read good about pluswatch. They have amazing prices, so I may get tempted.
    That's right - when I saw their price for a brand new Navitimer I was initially deeply sceptical. You know what they say... if it seems too good to be true, then it probably is...

However I decided to go for it because I'd read good things about the owner of Plus Watch somewhere on the forum in the past, and in fairness neither Plus Watch nor Chrono24 put a foot wrong.

Simon

Just bought an Omega X33 Gen 1 from Henry's Auktionshaus in Germany via Chrono24. They spoke excellent English on the phone and in email. Payment was a bit of a pain as I had to pay once via BT and then a smaller payment via Paypal to cover some bank fees (which was explained in their Ts & Cs). It was a good deal compared to UK prices, so worth the hassle.

Blog Entries
    Anyone had any dealings with Baldev Jewellers in Netherlands?

Picked up a Speedmaster from a Monaco seller, Mall of the Watch.

Watch arrived a day after they received my bank transfer. Came brand new with with all accesories and the huge box. Shipping was only 50€, warranty card was dated and stamped by an Italian Omega AD. Date on the card was the day I sent them the money.

Kind regards,
    Catalin