closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Double Incoming - 2 iconic Omegas!

Master

Double Incoming - 2 iconic Omegas!

Chuffed to bits as I have managed to save up enough to bring in the latest incarnations of two classic Omegas:

Neither of these two need any introduction at all.

First up, the classic Moonwatch. The presentation box is incredibly impressive (and heavy!). I've already ordered a variety of straps to go with this one. I spent a long time looking at different Speedmasters. I had a MK40 earlier in the year, and was recently trying on the FOIS, but at the end of the day I decided I couldn't look past the history of the hesalite Moonwatch.

Then, the latest version of the classic blue Bond Seamaster. The upgraded bracelet, ceramic insert and dial really sold me on this over the classic wave dial. There's a great heft to the watch and the colour change in the light is really impressive and quite different to my AT. The lume is incredible too. And +1 for (mostly) blue lume too. Only slight annoyance is that somehow Iconic didn't really resize the bracelet very well on this one so off to the boutique I go next week before I can wear it properly.

These two bring the collection back up to 3 again, and whilst there's certainly more I'd like to add, I'm very pleased with my trio of Omegas, or the 'three Omegos', which is the naffest pun I could come up with!

Some dodgy iPhone shots...

HAGWE!

P.S. Annoyingly realised there was some crap over the 90 on the Speedy bezel - thankfully it cleared off after I took the photos!
    Last edited by IanBear; 4th September 2015 at 17:58.

Super!

Master
    Lovely but wheres the PloProf! :)

Craftsman
    Lovely, I particularly like the Seamaster.

Quote Originally Posted by IanBear View Post
    Annoyingly realised there was some crap over the 90 on the Speedy bezel - thankfully it cleared off after I took the photos!
    It's the rare "crap over 90" variation. Worth a mint to the right sort of collector.

Very nice additions... well done!

Master
    I have the current Speedy with the NATO and NASA straps, but I doubt I'll ever use them as the bracelet is so damn nice! I've owned several Speedys in the past but this is the first one I've ever bought brand new.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    this is perfect Omega trio for me, if you like Omega then there is no place to go from here IMHO.

very nice sir.

Quote Originally Posted by IanBear View Post
    Chuffed to bits as I have managed to save up enough to bring in the latest incarnations of two classic Omegas:
    Lovely trio, gratz on the new arrivals. I have the SMPc as well, it's a lovely watch. Love the silky smooth inky dial on it.

Quote Originally Posted by workahol View Post
    It's the rare "crap over 90" variation. Worth a mint to the right sort of collector.

Very nice additions... well done!
    I know someone who can add crap to any bezel. Apparently, he regularly poos through letterboxes

Edit: ^ Speak of the devil

Master
    Lovely trio.

I'm a big Omega fan and I think those three cover all the bases for me.

Craftsman
    Them's the exact two Omega's I got! Both awesome but I find Omega steel quite soft and scratches easily. The speedy now needs a service after four years as it's losing time. The smp's lume seems average to me and I find it a bit pretentious on its bracelet so swapped it out for a Hirsh tiger.

Overall I'd say Those three are pretty much modern Omega at its finest.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    this is perfect Omega trio for me, if you like Omega then there is no place to go from here IMHO.

very nice sir.
    I think you're right. At some point I'll probably want a 'proper' dress watch, and whilst the Globemaster is tempting, I think a JLC will be in order.

Craftsman
    That's a good threesome. I wouldn't mind all three but I'm having to 'make do' with just the SMPc

Journeyman
    Cracking

Craftsman
    Nice collection, only needs a planet ocean now, hehe.

Master
    Hi Ian, glad to see you got what you wanted and that you bit the bullet and went for two! All the best.

Blog Entries
    You may want to add the X-33 to your Omega collection or the no-date SM300? I do like Omega and had a few in the past just these two now:

All the best and enjoy you new additions!

Martyn

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by al1991 View Post
    Hi Ian, glad to see you got what you wanted and that you bit the bullet and went for two! All the best.
    Cheers Al, very chuffed. And thank you for your help, and to the various other people that have been very helpful via PM the last couple of months!

A great trio congrats. The SMPc is my fave, so if you ever want to gift it to me I will PM you my details.

Master
    Great choices ... the Aqua Terra with blue face is going to be my next purchase ... none seem to be available used though.

Journeyman
    Very solid collection, all watched I've drooled over at some point.

Although I have quite a number of Omega watches, the modern ceramic SMP 300m is really every watch I'd ever need.
    It's just a matter of time...