closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Three months, and three new arrivals

Three months, and three new arrivals

I thought I'd share these, as I'm absolutely delighted with all of them albeit that the period in which they arrived spanned some three months in total. Anyhoo...

Seiko 6138-0040 from April 1977

I've wanted a Bullhead for some time now, and came close to buying two or three over the months but held back as they weren't absolutely right. However, when Ben listed this one I took the plunge; the post is brilliant in giving some background to this horologically important watch, but I was so carried away reading the more interesting bits that I missed Ben's mention of a couple of dinks to the bezel.

I'm a bit anal about such things, but with Duncan's help managed to overcome the issue by having fitted what may just have been the last available authentic, NOS bezel for this model. I'm over the moon with it, and it must surely now be the best all-original example that it would be possible to find... just perfect!

Seiko 6306-7001 from December 1978

I've had countless 6309s over the last few years, and some of them were really good examples. I'd always wanted a JDM 6306, though, with it's hacking/handwinding movement and extra jewels, and when Billy listed the best one I've ever seen I moved like a cheetah! This one is absolutely wonderful, and has also benefitted from a full service and reseal/pressure test (again courtesy of Duncan). I don't think I'll ever come across a better example, so this one is certainly going to be a keeper!

Patrick Philip Aquanaut

If you have a long memory, you may recall this thread from June last year, which resulted in me buying an APRO. Even at the time I wondered if I'd done the right thing, but I now have the Aquanaut that I probably should have bought back then. I love it more than I can say, and will write a proper incoming post about it later.

Not a bad trio, right? I reckon I now have a pretty enviable Seiko collection, with these two plus a vintage Tuna and one of the nicest modern GS variants as well. I'm a very happy chappy for sure
    Last edited by learningtofly; 2nd September 2015 at 08:01.

Not bad at all and lovely diversity, well done!

Master
    Very nice trio. I was tempted by those two Seikos myself, but having just splashed out on a rather nice 6105 I couldn't justify another purchase at the time. I do fancy a Bullhead though.

Nice catches Tony!.

interested to hear your thoughts on the Aquanaut.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Congratulations the Bull Head is also on my wish list and that looks very special, as an aside nothing by PP has ever so far got my boat up and floating, but I saw that particular model on the Friday thread and am very taken by it, so well done.

Not three words I would normally juxtapose "enviable + Seiko + collection" :-)

The Aquanaut, on the other hand, is wonderful. I didn't really appreciate entirely how wonderful, until I had one on my wrist.

Master
    Welcome back Tony, as usual a grand entrance! Loving the Patek!

Thanks all ^^^

The PP will get a more serious write-up later - suffice it to say that it's exquisite.

Craftsman
    Nice trio. That bullhead is a great catch.

Master
    Those two Seiko's are about as nice as they come. The PP ain't too shabby either

Master
    The Seiko Bullhead was a complete unknown to me until I read this thread but it sure is a beauty.

As far as the Patek is concerned, just fantastic.

I do wonder how you manage to find such well presented watches but can only assume it's down to good research combined with an awful lot of patience.

scooter

A lovely trio and great diversity Tony.

If the 2446 is going to do a bit of book balancing and needs a loving home...

Quote Originally Posted by charlesnevers View Post
    Nice trio. That bullhead is a great catch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynam0humm View Post
    Those two Seiko's are about as nice as they come. The PP ain't too shabby either
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    The Seiko Bullhead was a complete unknown to me until I read this thread but it sure is a beauty.

As far as the Patek is concerned, just fantastic.

I do wonder how you manage to find such well presented watches but can only assume it's down to good research combined with an awful lot of patience.

scooter
    Thanks very much.

The Bullheads are a bit like Tunas, Jeremy, in that it can take a while to appreciate them for what they are. And yes, research plus patience is the name of the game!

Quote Originally Posted by ed335d View Post
    A lovely trio and great diversity Tony.

If the 2446 is going to do a bit of book balancing and needs a loving home...

What a superb trio - loved that bullhead previously but managing to get a NOS bezel for it - Excellent !
    The 6306 I'm going to miss a lot and is the best I've come across, like the bullhead it's in superb condition for it's age, especially as it's watertight again.
    That Patek though, I have to agree is fabulous! Although I really liked your AP, I do prefer this. It's just pure class.

Blog Entries
    Great set Tony, welcome back. Loving the Patek

Fantastic Bullhead - well done indeed!

I just can't seem to get the Aquanaut though : I shall however look forward to learning more about it when you post!

Great looking Seikos, but that Aquanaut is just something else.
    The only PP I really like the look of and I look forward to your detailed write up.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorien View Post
    What a superb trio - loved that bullhead previously but managing to get a NOS bezel for it - Excellent !
    The 6306 I'm going to miss a lot and is the best I've come across, like the bullhead it's in superb condition for it's age, especially as it's watertight again.
    That Patek though, I have to agree is fabulous! Although I really liked your AP, I do prefer this. It's just pure class.
    I have Duncan to thank for finding the bezel. I don't think he could quite believe it either.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WatchIng View Post
    Fantastic Bullhead - well done indeed!

I just can't seem to get the Aquanaut though : I shall however look forward to learning more about it when you post!
    Quote Originally Posted by Routers View Post
    Great looking Seikos, but that Aquanaut is just something else.
    The only PP I really like the look of and I look forward to your detailed write up.
    Cheers girls.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Patrick Philip Aquanaut
    Patrick Philip? Is that like Ralph Lorenz polo shirts or Amrani jeans? ;)

That Bullhead is spiffing, as is the photo of course. Lovely.

Great trio.
    Love the PP ( not going to go near Patrick)
    The Seikos look beautiful even if not for me.

Two very nice Seikos there!

Blog Entries
    Still going strong eh Tony :)

Top trio, what's not to like?

Let's see what this week will bring for me...........

Daddel.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Master
    Well done on finally getting an Aquanaut, Tony.

Master
    Living for the here and now , but mindful of the past.
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    ^^^ this

Be interesting to see how you rate the PP against the AP , I've had an AP but never a PP so be interesting to see what you think.

Blog Entries
    Great stuff and pics amazing as ever.

The Patek is such a stunning watch and I would lov to get my hands on one to see if they do indeed feel as good as they look. There is a good chance I could be in town next Sunday so may have to troll the usual to see if any dealers have one to try.

Lovely set Bud

Quote Originally Posted by kungfugerbil View Post
    Patrick Philip? Is that like Ralph Lorenz polo shirts or Amrani jeans? ;)

That Bullhead is spiffing, as is the photo of course. Lovely.
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Great trio.
    Love the PP ( not going to go near Patrick)
    The Seikos look beautiful even if not for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    Two very nice Seikos there!
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddelvirks View Post
    Still going strong eh Tony :)

Top trio, what's not to like?

Let's see what this week will bring for me...........

Daddel.
    Quote Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
    Well done on finally getting an Aquanaut, Tony.
    Quote Originally Posted by dietcokeman View Post
    ^^^ this

Be interesting to see how you rate the PP against the AP , I've had an AP but never a PP so be interesting to see what you think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    Great stuff and pics amazing as ever.

The Patek is such a stunning watch and I would lov to get my hands on one to see if they do indeed feel as good as they look. There is a good chance I could be in town next Sunday so may have to troll the usual to see if any dealers have one to try.

Lovely set Bud

Interesting question in terms of a comparison with the APRO... in terms of quality (fit and finish, dial and hands, even movement) both are first class and there's seemingly little to separate one from the other. I think that the AP is a little more impressive aesthetically, and is probably slightly more dressy; however, the PP is lighter, will probably fit a wider range of wrist sizes and is definitely more wearable as an all-purpose watch. You can't go far wrong with either of them, really.

Craftsman
    Brilliant, i like the fact that you have that extremely expensive Patek with the two Seikos; kudos for actually mixing across price levels. What do you have in the pipeline for the next? ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Knisse View Post
    Brilliant, i like the fact that you have that extremely expensive Patek with the two Seikos; kudos for actually mixing across price levels. What do you have in the pipeline for the next? ;-)
    I'm wearing a Bulova Accutron Astronaut as I type this, and actually enjoy wearing my less glamorous watches at least as much as the "high end" ones (if not more). Mad, really.

What's next? I'm not sure, but I've been lusting after a couple of models from ALS for some time now; I'm also after a vintage Heuer Carrera (one of about three models) for which I've had a WTB here for quite a while. Oh, and I'd really like to replace the SD4000 that I traded for my Moser, but I already have a serviced, resealed and pressure tested 5513, so it seems slightly daft. I probably have too many watches at the moment, though.

Master
    Stunning PP!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I'm wearing a Bulova Accutron Astronaut as I type this, and actually enjoy wearing my less glamorous watches at least as much as the "high end" ones (if not more). Mad, really.

What's next? I'm not sure, but I've been lusting after a couple of models from ALS for some time now; I'm also after a vintage Heuer Carrera (one of about three models) for which I've had a WTB here for quite a while. Oh, and I'd really like to replace the SD4000 that I traded for my Moser, but I already have a serviced, resealed and pressure tested 5513, so it seems slightly daft. I probably have too many watches at the moment, though.
    I think the first two sentences is what truly makes one a WIS, there is a alot of hidden quality in less expensive brands but it takes a true interest in watches and not the 'glamour' of brands to branch out like you do.

Vintage Heuer Carrera sometimes (not often) pops up at watchuseek, if you are not already, then perhaps try that site.

Quote Originally Posted by Knisse View Post
    I think the first two sentences is what truly makes one a WIS, there is a alot of hidden quality in less expensive brands but it takes a true interest in watches and not the 'glamour' of brands to branch out like you do.

Vintage Heuer Carrera sometimes (not often) pops up at watchuseek, if you are not already, then perhaps try that site.
    Thank you - I am a member of WUS, albeit that I don't pop over there very often. I do have some good sources closer to home, but as you can imagine the watch fund has taken something of a battering lately

Craftsman
    The 6306 is incredible. If you decide to sell, please PM me. I've been searching for a nice example for quite some time without any luck.

Lovely collection!

Nice work T
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    Hi Tony. Just out of curiosity, do you still have that rather nice CWC you highlighted in a previous post? I suppose that is - or was - one of the more inexpensive watches in your collection. But it didn't look out of place, either.
    And that Bulova Accutron you acquired a while ago also looks remarkable. I fully understand what you mean about appreciating and enjoying the more inexpensive items just as much as the big ticket ones.

Quote Originally Posted by mborkow View Post
    The 6306 is incredible. If you decide to sell, please PM me. I've been searching for a nice example for quite some time without any luck.
    That won't happen, I'm afraid, but I agree that it's an incredible example.

Quote Originally Posted by dannywalker39 View Post
    Lovely collection!
    Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Nice work T
    Thanks both.

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    Hi Tony. Just out of curiosity, do you still have that rather nice CWC you highlighted in a previous post? I suppose that is - or was - one of the more inexpensive watches in your collection. But it didn't look out of place, either.
    And that Bulova Accutron you acquired a while ago also looks remarkable. I fully understand what you mean about appreciating and enjoying the more inexpensive items just as much as the big ticket ones.
    The CWC went to one of our overseas members - more because I had a few too many watches at the time than for any other reason. I did like it, and I love the Accutron.

Great trio, enjoy them in good health!