closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: My Explorer never looked better

My Explorer never looked better

My Explorer is 10 year old and is a (over)due a service. Before it goes i've been trying some straps on the basis that any damage i do will be fixed in the Rolex spa.

And as 36mm Explorer owners probably know I have come against some old problems i.e. the gap is really too tight for anything other than a well fitted bracelet. That is unless you are willing to squeeze and i can't help but think that this puts too much strain in the bars. I know you can use curved ones but they don't inspire confidence for other reasons.Essentially everything works up to a point but nothing ever works well enough to justify not putting the bracelet back on.

Then a couple of weeks ago a watch arrived with a few spare straps, i looked at them and decided that i didn't like any enough to dislodge the strap i'd chosen for the new arrival. So they were off the graveyard with the other spare traps i accumulate, ready for a give away nearer to Christmas. It was then that i noticed that this Eulit perlon was extraordinarily thin.,

[

A week later its not been off my wrist.

To me it looks simply perfect and its so comfortable I often forget i have a watch on. These 301 Kristall straps seem remarkably cheap but my Google skills suggest that they are only available in bulk.

The only down side I can see is the length; 7 inch wrists are fine, but much more is pushing it. The surprising thing is that off the wrist the strap looks; a little cheap, maybe tacky and certainly nondescript, the only hint of quality is a beautiful minimal buckle.

On it looks like it was made for the Explorer and matches it for quality. So, if you have a 36mm Explorer, a thiner wrist and a mean streak, this might be a bargain.

Watchbandcenter sell a Campagnolo strap which is very similar.

Available in 18mm & 20mm.

Looks great

I have seen the future and it is Perlon

What were Rolex thinking messing about with that one? Sheer bloody perfection.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I love a decent perlon strap.
    I had a tudor sub lived on one, nothing else looked as good.
    The exp really suits it.

Master
    Looks great but for me I wish they made them softer, thicker and longer as always just a bit too short for me.

Quote Originally Posted by barryw View Post
    Looks great but for me I wish they made them softer, thicker and longer as always just a bit too short for me.
    I just checked this one and at the buckle end there is an extra inch tucked in so i'd have thought lengthwise it would be Ok for most people. The beauty of this arrangement is that is is effectively a custom fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    What were Rolex thinking messing about with that one? Sheer bloody perfection.
    It is not just pretty it is wonderfully practical, I know the 1016 is the classic, but excellent luminova and those solid numbers make it an easy watch to read in the dark.
    Last edited by raysablade; 28th August 2015 at 21:21.

Craftsman
    Agree on the person with 114270 - I use the rios (sailor) and that's equally good.
    two places to get perlons as per prior thread -
    Rios - uhrenteile24.de (postage means order a couple to make it worthwhile) and I think yellys.ch for the eulit. I seem to recall watch obsession in the uk also now stock perlon but unsure of OEM there..

Cheers
    al

Quote Originally Posted by alslater View Post
    .................I seem to recall watch obsession in the uk also now stock perlon but unsure of OEM there..

Cheers
    al
    I have bought a few of these and they are OK but nowhere near as good as genuine Eulit ones. I find them rather scratchy and the buckles to be poorer quality

Journeyman
    The OP's photos prompted me to stick my Zeno Explorer on a perlon today. It looks great and has felt super comfortable. The one I have is a no-name one from EBay, but this evening I went hunting for Eulit ones and found a few sellers on eBay.de. Just ordered four for £28 delivered. Three 20mm (black, grey and blue) and a 18mm blue one.

Holben's do the Eulit.

http://www.holbensfinewatchbands.com/fits-tommy-bahama/

They generally arrive in a week, or less.

Craftsman
    Such a gorgeous watch. One day I need to get one!

Looks very understated and elegant on that

Journeyman
    Lovely combo!

I'm off travelling for the next two weeks and for the first time in 10 years i'm considering not taking the GMT II for something other than a security reason.

There is something about this combination that makes it so much greater than the sum of the parts. I think its the way the profile of the strap follows the shape of the lugs.

And its a perfect fit.

Journeyman
    Looks great