closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: CWC

CWC

They got 10% off over at Silvermans till the end of the month. Not sure if this has been posted already.

Master
    Big thanks to you, lucky watch.
    Been mulling over one of the CWC RN dive models for a while now. Almost went ahead and ordered one just last week. Well, you just saved me £38.50 on the Quartz non-date models. Too expensive for what it is at £385; but a much better proposition at £346.50. Order placed.
    Would have been miffed if I'd bought at the full price.

As much as I love CWC watches, they are wayyyyy over priced now, even with 10% off.

Master
    I think they have pushed the prices for the divers a little too far now.

Sapphire as standard for the auto and a 10 year battery in the quartzes would have been a prudent move but as it is I think they will lose sales. Perhaps that’s why there is already a 10% offer.

Glad I could help someone. There is nothing worse then buying something only to see it reduced later.
    Its Silvermans that are having the sale and watches are only a small part of the business.
    Just wish the store was not so far away from me.

Bring back the PRS-10!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by luckywatch View Post
    Glad I could help someone. There is nothing worse then buying something only to see it reduced later.
    Its Silvermans that are having the sale and watches are only a small part of the business.
    Just wish the store was not so far away from me.
    Well, I was out walking the dog yesterday when I found a fiver lying in the gutter. Then I saw your heads up on the 10% off deal. Man maths kicked in: £38.50 off the watch I fancied, plus another £5 contributed to the purchase. Result😀.

I really fancy this but its £539 with the discount...................

CWC Mechanical British chronograph watch, without date. 30 minute chronograph with constant seconds dial. Superb military timepiece, acrylic glass, reliable and accurate mechanical movement.
    Valjoux 7765.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    Bring back the PRS-10!
    +1.

CWC Mechanical British chronograph watch, without date. 30 minute chronograph with constant seconds dial. Superb military timepiece, acrylic glass, reliable and accurate mechanical movement.
    Valjoux 7765.

I have liked this watch for a long time, I really have and keep coming back to it. I did the same with a similar watch from Guinand, but never got around to buying one. With the CWC it's the absence of out of warranty product support that always stops me - I kind of resent it.
    The thing is, when it's no longer available, not buying one will likely be an eternal regret (albeit a minor horological one!).

Quote Originally Posted by forpetesake View Post
    I have liked this watch for a long time, I really have and keep coming back to it. I did the same with a similar watch from Guinand, but never got around to buying one. With the CWC it's the absence of out of warranty product support that always stops me - I kind of resent it.
    The thing is, when it's no longer available, not buying one will likely be an eternal regret (albeit a minor horological one!).
    I took this off the new CWC website.

CWC offers repairs to most CWC watches depending on age, condition and parts available. Please contact us for a quote or for any repair-related info.

Please call 02077 900 900 or email repairs@cwcwatch.com

http://www.cwcwatch.com/

Valjoux 7765.
    To be honest, for that movement and with a genuine brand that's got real history, that's not a bad price for a brand new watch these days.. I believe that O&W who make a watch with the same movement charge a good bit more and Silvermans are charging £645 for that model on Ebay... It's probably the cheapest you'll ever get one....

I would like to second what Artistmike wrote. While CWCs in general are overpriced, this particular watch is not, its actually quite a good deal!
    Last edited by JMH; 28th August 2015 at 11:50.

I picked the chrono up on SC recently and keep forgetting to wear it. It will get worn next week, forgotten what a great looking thing it is.

I took this off the new CWC website.

CWC offers repairs to most CWC watches depending on age, condition and parts available. Please contact us for a quote or for any repair-related info.

Please call 02077 900 900 or email repairs@cwcwatch.com

http://www.cwcwatch.com/
    That looks promising. I'm glad to be corrected. Thanks for posting Luckywatch.

Quote Originally Posted by JMH View Post
    I would like to second what Artistmike wrote. While CWCs in general are overpriced, this particular watch is not, its actually quite a good deal!
    I can third Artistmike's comments. I bought one recently for £400 buy it now on eBay. It is only 9 months old so has plenty of warranty left. Certainly a better deal than the bicompax Valjoux 7760 reissue, which is £1500 IIRC. The dial may be more balanced and it is a faithful reproduction of the Valjoux 7733 original. However, I don't think that this justifies the watch being nearly 3 times the price of the one with the Valjoux 7765.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Artistmike View Post
    To be honest, for that movement and with a genuine brand that's got real history, that's not a bad price for a brand new watch these days.. I believe that O&W who make a watch with the same movement charge a good bit more and Silvermans are charging £645 for that model on Ebay... It's probably the cheapest you'll ever get one....
    It’s also a really good looking watch on the wrist, I think. Silvermans and CWC do themselves no favours with their watch photos. The date version is better balanced but it doesn’t seem to be available at the moment.

(Correction: the date version is on Silverman’s Ebay page at £650)

Speaking of Ebay, I see there is a 2 month old SBS diver listed with a BIN of £310 if anyone is after one. UK seller (no connection)
    Last edited by Si; 29th August 2015 at 11:24.

Master
    Always liked the watches but as said the prices are on the steep side, still fancy one of the chrono's.
    Last edited by barryw; 29th August 2015 at 12:40.

Master
    My CWC RN dive watch (matte) finish arrived yesterday. First impressions are favourable. No issues with the bezel or crown. Seconds hand hits all the markers. Good lume. The only minor gripe thus far is the balsa wood presentation box; would have preferred the Silvermans tin.

Anyhow, not bad at all for the discounted price of £346.50.

By the way, the CWC auto chrono posted elsewhere in the thread looks good too.