closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bond Nato

Bond Nato

Ok guys still relatively new here looking to get a bond nato where is best to get these new to buying straps lol.

Thanks in advance guys

Master
    Try Eddies as they take some beating.

Master
    Give ukwatchstraps a shot very good value for the buck and very fast service.

Everything you seek is in the Timefactors link on the top of this page.

loads available from around £3 to over £100 at Omega.

- - - Updated - - -

watchgecko on ebay are good for the money.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Timetotalk View Post

watchgecko on ebay are good for the money.
    Yep, also timefactors online, great straps, great price!!

mike

I've tried a few variations, the Timefactors one is about my fav for quality vs cost (actually that's not quite accurate, it's about the best and doesn't cost a great deal)

That said, if you're a little obsessive about having the most accurate Bond strap, in terms of colors, stripe thickness, buckle shape, keeper style etc, then you need to spend ages on Google checking out all the thousands of words written on the subject, freeze frame 'that' shot from Goldfinger on your Blu Ray player, form your own opinion and find one that fits.

if the above is important to you, then the Timefactors strap will be way off in terms of colour.

If having a high quality strap is more important (and trust me, it is), then just get the Timefactors one

IMO, YMMV

Thanks for the replies guys. I will be purchasing from timefactors. My next thoughts turns to what watch to put them on. My choices atm are the seiko 007 or the CWC Royal Navy diver. Or both...

Apprentice
    I quite like the look of those Timefactors straps, but I tried to order one around 10 mins ago, but it says that the shop is only open on Tues, Wed and Thurs, but it is actually Thurs right now. Anyone had the same problem? I'm guessing around 3.30pm maybe too late as often the last post can be around 3pm.

Master
    Did you get sorted?
    It is working, I ordered a Bond and a couple of others this morning with no problems.

Will have to try these, the TF ones look like they will do job.
    Last edited by guzzit3; 3rd September 2015 at 14:48.

Master
    Mine arrive yesterday, the bond went straight on the PRS18Q and looks great.
    I had also ordered a couple of the 2014 Nato's and the difference with the "old" style Bond was noticable. If our host offers one to the new specification, one will be on my shopping list.

Off the back of this thread, I'm now going to place an order for the red stipe Bond RAF nato. But, can someone please explain what is the difference between G10 and RAF options? Is one shorter than the other (and have fewer keepers)? Much obliged!

G10 has the extra bit that sits under the watch (right). The RAF pattern is just a single strip of material (left).

You can cut off the extra bit a turn a NATO strap into an RAF pattern one.

Apprentice
    I've also seen quite a few of the RAF style straps use a cloth keeper as opposed to a metal one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
    Did you get sorted?
    It is working, I ordered a Bond and a couple of others this morning with no problems.
    Hi, yep mine arrived this morning, I decided to go for a plain grey strap in the end.

Just installed it and first impressions are good, very comfy and a nice little bonus is that the satin look metal bits match the watch nicely:

Last edited by HypnoToad; 4th September 2015 at 12:59.

If you remove the "extra bit" from a Nato, don't discard it. Make it into a matching key fob, elegant and practical! ;-)

F.T.F.A.

Thanks for the info. Sean, that's very helpful. It looks like the G10 may be more comfortable (extra padding under the watch) but the RAF allows greater flexibility as to where the buckle sits on the wrist (i.e. it looks like one can move it freely, where the G10 is restricted by the fixed additional section). As I have a small wrist (6.75''), then I think the RAF makes more sense (I realise I'm foregoing the free key ring here!). Roll on Tuesday!