closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: What's in the watch box

What's in the watch box

Here's where the horological whorehouse stands after many years of varying degrees of interest and activity. Some others like the G Shock don't get boxed but this is pretty much it. Had a period offering some rarefied and relatively high class action, a time when it seemed to be serving colour-blind scuba personnel only, and a few years of retro-chic European courtesans followed by Asian delights.

Can't count how many went through my hands but the rate of churn slowed dramatically in recent years. Have tried most that interest me. Nothing super rare nor expensive remains, not that I had so many of those any way. Seem to be 50% Seiko but there wasn't any conscious brand filtering. It was once half Omega, half Rolex. All of these are worn often enough to be kept.

Top Row : Sinn 556 ( "Isetan LE", 50 made ), Omega Speedmaster 3753-50, CWC G10 1990 Issued, Rolex Sea Dweller 16600, Precista PRS-5, IWC 3227-12 ( "Ken Noguchi LE", 200 made )
    Bottom Row: Grand Seiko SBGF011, Grand Seiko SBGR029, Seiko SKX781, Seiko SKX007, Seiko SKX779, Seiko Lord-Matic

Paul
    Last edited by Tokyo Tokei; 23rd August 2015 at 23:54.

Not seen that 556 before, but favourite would be the IWC, nice selection.

Master
    I love the subtlety of a G10.

Quote Originally Posted by windows95 View Post
    Not seen that 556 before, but favourite would be the IWC, nice selection.
    Thank you. I like the standard 556 too but the Japan LEs ( from all marques ) that pop up from time to time tend to retain my interest, probably because I never see them being worn by anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahiti View Post
    I love the subtlety of a G10.
    Seems really accurate too. A simple, honest, reliable and easy to read quartz. Which may explain why my wife and kids keep nicking it for various duties

Paul

That bottom left GS is very unusual! Like it.

Quote Originally Posted by mindforge View Post
    That bottom left GS is very unusual! Like it.
    Thank you, it's an older one but with no date ( and Japan not using DST ) I only need to fuss with it once every few years. The dial, hands and general finishing are up to the usual GS standards, evident I hope even in these iPhone pics :

Paul

Very nice! I like the applied indices and the wave dial. Just the kind of interesting piece I will have my eye out for when I next visit Japan in October.

Yep ^ very nice, what colour is the dial though, looks like a blue black rather than true black?
    I like it anyway! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by mindforge View Post
    Very nice! I like the applied indices and the wave dial. Just the kind of interesting piece I will have my eye out for when I next visit Japan in October.
    You'll find an excellent array of watches in spectacular condition. If you haven't visited for a while though, the prices went up when the yen devalued recently. Still reasonable in pounds terms but not so great for us locals any more. As for this particular model, they are quite old and I've never seen another one at a dealer, but they show up on Yahoo Auctions from time to time. If you are looking for a white Daytona or DRSD however, there are many places where you can take your pick from dozens, but this humble Seiko is harder to source

Quote Originally Posted by Thorien View Post
    Yep ^ very nice, what colour is the dial though, looks like a blue black rather than true black?
    I like it anyway! :-)
    Thanks, it is indeed a deep blue black. Somewhat evident in this poor picture where I'm wearing a black jacket :

The dial's wave pattern when viewed at a normal distance creates a shimmering star burst effect.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Tokyo Tokei View Post
    You'll find an excellent array of watches in spectacular condition. If you haven't visited for a while though, the prices went up when the yen devalued recently. Still reasonable in pounds terms but not so great for us locals any more. As for this particular model, they are quite old and I've never seen another one at a dealer, but they show up on Yahoo Auctions from time to time. If you are looking for a white Daytona or DRSD however, there are many places where you can take your pick from dozens, but this humble Seiko is harder to source
    Haven't been for a couple of years. That's disappointing that prices have gone up. I would only be in the market for something interesting and JDM, not terribly expensive. Last time I bought the Golgo13 Tuna. If you have any good ideas about what and where to look, please do let me know!

Master
    Very nice collection indeed. I badly want that ingenieur

Journeyman
    Very nice collection

Nice solid collection. So you got at least one watch for every ocassion. From dressy to sporty.

I do really like the Grand Seiko 8J55 and a nice well round collection.