closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Stolen from car parked in London: Omega

Master
    Blog Entries

Stolen from car parked in London: Omega

Guys

Friend of mine had a very distinctive watch stolen from boot of his car when parked in London. The Incident took place at 31 Davies Street, London W1.

The thief(s) entered the car by coding his fob remotely and gaining access very easily and the MET's finest are investigating - whatever that means for an "entering car theft" these days.

Here is an extract from the description of the watch taken when in for service. This item has HUGE sentimental value to him and ANY help would be gratefully received.

Dear Sir / Madam,
    We acknowledge receipt of your Omega watch. Please find below our estimate to restore your watch to operate to the manufacturer's specification.
    Watch Specification:
    Collection
    Brand
    Watch Reference Catalogue Reference Serial Number Movement Type
    Dial Color
    Size
    Case Type
    Bracelet Type
    DE VILLE
    Omega
    MD1620063
    O
    OLD MECHANICAL CALIBER BLACK
    MEN PLATED LEATHER

Our Diagnostic watchmaker/technician has examined your watch and has determined:
    There are signs of wear and tear on the plating
    Hands show wear and tear light pitting / oxidisation The dial is stained
    The case back is engraved
    The bracelet / strap is not of our manufacture
    The case is plated and therefore cannot be refurbished

Any news on this appearing anywhere to me in the first instance please, and I will forward to Robert - the good friend.

thanking you in anticipation.

Jim

Omega MD 162.0063,

Quote Originally Posted by burnside View Post
    With the greatest respect, subtle digs at the POLICE are not exactly fair in the circumstances.

Although i have every sympathy with the loss of your friends watch and i appreciate that you should be able to leave items of property wherever you like without having to worry about them being stolen. He is rather stupid for leaving it their in the first place.

Is it not covered by the car insurance or his contents insurance?

Ben
    Stupid for leaving a watch in the locked boot of his car? I would call him that if he had left it on the dashboard or something. But in this case it seems just as unfair as the subtle digs at the police...

Anyway, hope he finds it. The loss must have been very upsetting.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by o u t a t i m e View Post
    Stupid for leaving a watch in the locked boot of his car? I would call him that if he had left it on the dashboard or something. But in this case it seems just as unfair as the subtle digs at the police...

Anyway, hope he finds it. The loss must have been very upsetting.
    Thanks for this. Quite frankly the old boy was, and still is, completely devastated. It never ceases to disturb me how such a simple, everyday incident can turn families upside down.

And so Id hoped my thread wouldve brought some awareness for the good people on this forum. Sadly it seems ive been construed as having a go at the Met. Absolutely no way.

LET ME BE QUITE CLEAR PUBLICLY. It used to be that every police force was referred to as a City's "finest". By and large they still very much are. And im sad to say, the use of the term "investigation" means so much to so many these days - just as the interpretation of my thread seems to have done which is most regretable.

Thank you for writing, genuinely, but please dont put words in where there arent any. It hurts to have been so accused

All the best Outatime

Jim
    Last edited by Jimmcb; 18th August 2015 at 09:44.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    Thanks PickleB

obliged

Jim

Hello

My sincere apologies for my rather thoughtless post fired off without thinking.

I wish your friend all the best in the recovery of his property.

Regards,

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmcb View Post

All the best Outatime
    I was just referring sarcastically to the previous poster's post, whose views seemed a little misguided. I personally have no thoughts whatsoever on the police issue.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by o u t a t i m e View Post
    I was just referring sarcastically to the previous poster's post, whose views seemed a little misguided. I personally have no thoughts whatsoever on the police issue.
    No worries and many thanks for writing - both of you.

Best, aye

jim