closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Batman vs Superman trailer

Batman vs Superman trailer

Thanks for sharing!

Looks pretty cool but I'm not sure what the point of the film will be? Superman can obviously kick Batman's butt, so they will probably end up joining forces against Steve Zuckerberg. :)

Ahem, green Kryptonite?

Quote Originally Posted by The Hack View Post
    Looks pretty cool but I'm not sure what the point of the film will be? Superman can obviously kick Batman's butt

Blog Entries
    If it's true to the comic books,...

The last book of the “Batman: Dark Knight” series was sub-titled “The Dark Knight Falls.” In this book, things take a turn for the worse for Batman in terms of public support when he finally kills the Joker while all of America is following the situation. Although Batman escapes police custody, his actions are not hidden from Superman, who determines that he must be brought in to take care of Batman once and for all.

Spoilers here

z
    Last edited by zelig; 12th July 2015 at 08:49.

Frank Millerīs Dark Knight for me epitomises the spirit of the Batman. A truly epic reinterpretation.

It's been a while since I read the Dark Kinght Returns, but from memory Bruce/Batman both physically and mentally defeats Clark/Superman.

The trailer looks good, but there does appear to be a lot going on. Hopefully it's not an overly complicated plot.

I really enjoyed the last Superman film so am looking forward to this film.

Master
    I must say I thought it was too soon after Dark Knight for someone else to be taking on the role of Batman. Bale owned that role and I still can't see anyone surpassing him. After seeing this trailer I'm quite intrigued now

Master
    Blog Entries
    Surely any man who flys, has laser beam eyes and super strength etc would be able to detain /defeat a man who relies on gadgets in a few seconds!!!!

On a more serious note I enjoyed Henry's take on Superman but the thought of Affleck as Batman has not got me excited to see this!! I think after the epic and long Batman Nolan trilogy it is indeed maybe far too soon for another Batman

That big machine-like batsuit could be laced with cryptonite?

Superman despite the laser beams etc is not well known for his guile and cunning....just saying;)
    Iīm hoping the Dark Knight teaches the big super doofus a lesson in humility as in Frank Millers graphic novel.

It's interesting to see the Earth One vision of Superman merging with the Dark Knight version of Batman. Or, at least, I have always thought of Snyder's Superman as a post-Earth One version...

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Frank Millerīs Dark Knight for me epitomises the spirit of the Batman. A truly epic reinterpretation.
    Agreed. Miller's Dark Knight graphic novel of the mid/late 80s was superb. I still have my original copy somewhere and must dig it out.

Quote Originally Posted by AM94 View Post
    Agreed. Miller's Dark Knight graphic novel of the mid/late 80s was superb. I still have my original copy somewhere and must dig it out.
    It was a four-part miniseries first.

From the trailer, it looks like the film borrows heavily from the later The Dark Knight Strikes Again, as well.

As interesting as the Superman V Batman film looks, I think its a decent casting for Batman, I was actually more interested to see the Deadpool trailer.

Looks about as highbow as I expected with none of the broody serious nature of the Batman films, in fact it looks like it might be one of the dumbest films ever....I cant wait.

Suicide Squad looks like it might be worth a watch too, but not holding much hopes.

Ooooh, wonder woman, nice

Brighty

Will the DC films turn out as good as MARVEL?

I must be getting old, I just don't care about Superman or Batman any more, even though the film looks like good Hollywood nonsense

Forget about this........I want a DREDD 2

Just kidding. Ive never watches a Batman film with Christian Bale in,.......dunno why, he bothers me. But loved the last Superman film. Ill give it a go but not got high hopes. Having these guys cross paths in the comics may work but on film, nah.

gs

Blog Entries
    I actually thought that Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy was very good and have watched all 3 films many times over - mainly because my 9 year old son is a massive fan.

I was quite indifferent to the last Superman film, whilst Henry Cavill was OK, I thought that the film itself was below par, mainly due to the excessive CGI content. The Marvel stuff is better IMHO but again, I would prefer less of the CGI action sequences and more "story". (Must be getting old!!!)

Ben Affleck as Batman? Who would've thought that, eh? Takes me back to the days when George Clooney played him........

LOL! Yes I suppose you are right! Thanks for making me laugh!

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Superman despite the laser beams etc is not well known for his guile and cunning....just saying;)

Master
    As someone who just doesn't care for 'graphic novels' and superhero movies, I find it a real pity that almost all big blockbuster action movies these days are just that. Whatever happened to stuff like Con Air, The Rock, Face/Off?

Quote Originally Posted by KurtKlaus View Post
    Whatever happened to stuff like Con Air, The Rock, Face/Off?
    Nicholas Cage went bald.

This one looks quite good too.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

There's only one Batman...

Last edited by Passenger; 15th July 2015 at 17:14.

Batman came up to me and smashed me over the head with a vase, and it went T'PAU!
    I said "Shouldn't that have gone KAPOW?"
    He said "No, I've got china in my hand."

I still don't know why DC couldn't keep the continuity of actors like they've done with marvel and the avengers......bale was the best batman I've seen imo

I always find it impossible to judge a film by the trailer.. - also frustrating that they tend to make most of these films for kids/family so they end up being pure cheese.... - looks interesting though... fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by KurtKlaus View Post
    As someone who just doesn't care for 'graphic novels' and superhero movies, I find it a real pity that almost all big blockbuster action movies these days are just that. Whatever happened to stuff like Con Air, The Rock, Face/Off?
    What happened is the rise of the nerd and/or geek into power. Those who were mocked 10+ years ago have become huge successes and now mainstream culture wants in. I'm sure it'll go full circle.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by leahorsfall View Post
    I still don't know why DC couldn't keep the continuity of actors like they've done with marvel and the avengers......bale was the best batman I've seen imo
    Didn't Bale say that if Nolan wasn't on board he wasn't interested?

Can you imagine the avengers without Downey junior ?

Craftsman
    I'm intrigued to see what Affleck does with Batman, but the rest of the cast leave me cold, even Cavill I'm afraid.

I can understand why DC are creating a darker universe with their films, but the lighter tone and look is something I really enjoy with the Marvel films.

I really disliked the dark Batman and gave up halfway through. #2 was a little better. They're comics, nothing more. I don't want gut-wrenching tension and misery; I want to be entertained, excited, by them. I doubt I'll watch this movie. Supie would have vaporized Batman in the first 20 seconds anyway, from a mile away, or hauled him into orbit and left him there. Any other interpretation is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    This one looks quite good too.

Eddie
    It's a strange one, that's for sure. Quite a few of these characters have been seen before in canon, non-canon works, games, animated versions or in TV shows such as The Arrow. There are so many different versions that it's almost impossible to keep up - the New 52 doesn't help, but then again, neither does the Multiverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    I really disliked the dark Batman and gave up halfway through. #2 was a little better. They're comics, nothing more. I don't want gut-wrenching tension and misery; I want to be entertained, excited, by them. I doubt I'll watch this movie. Supie would have vaporized Batman in the first 20 seconds anyway, from a mile away, or hauled him into orbit and left him there. Any other interpretation is silly.
    This. Having said that, I'd like to see one with Superman, Batman and Chuck Norris. (And no, not that kind of the flick).

Quote Originally Posted by VDG View Post
    This. Having said that, I'd like to see one with Superman, Batman and Chuck Norris. (And no, not that kind of the flick).
    Do you remember the film Alien vs Predator? Originally it was going to be Alien vs Predator vs Chuck Norris, but the producers realised nobody would pay to see a film that only lasted 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    Do you remember the film Alien vs Predator? Originally it was going to be Alien vs Predator vs Chuck Norris, but the producers realised nobody would pay to see a film that only lasted 5 minutes.
    Obviously they didn't realise that five minutes film with CN lasts for two hours.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    Supie would have vaporized Batman in the first 20 seconds anyway, from a mile away, or hauled him into orbit and left him there. Any other interpretation is silly.
    How can any interpretation of a flying man vs. one dressed up as a bat be silly?