closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Can anyone identify this?

Can anyone identify this?

Hi guys

Just wanting to get some help identifying this. This watch has been passed to me off my dad now all I know is that the watch we bought in 1963 for my dads 21st birthday present. I have had this watch service and all work needed done so it is running as near perfect as I can hope for. But so far no one can tell me much about this watch I have no idea on make or anything. In no way would I ever sell this watch but it would be nice to know abit more about it. It is my daily wearer due to the sentimental value and wearing it always makes me smile knowing its a present off my dad and it meant so much to him too.

Anyway! Pictures! If there are any other pictures that would help please let me know. Though I have no experience in removing backs so can't really do that!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436517618.674729.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436517686.042042.jpg

Master
    Sorry can't tell you much about it but looks very similar to the hands/numerals on an Audax. Take it to a jeweller who could open the back up and identify it for you.

Little bump for this....can anyone identify this? Is it a watch?!

One of the hundreds of small own brand ‘manufacturers’ that bought in generic cases and movements hands and dials from a catalogue probably, they all went by the wayside with the quartz revolution in the 70s. Nice watch though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    Little bump for this....can anyone identify this? Is it a watch?!
    Yes 😁 it's difficult as there is no makers name on the dial can you open the watch case back ?
    This may or may not help as if it's eta or Felsa movement ,not signed! then I am afraid you will be none the wiser. What did the watchmaker who serviced it say ?

Can anyone identify this?

Unfortunately I’m not comfortable opening the back of the watch. But hear are some hopefully better pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back in the day (50/60’s) lots of small jewellers sold unbranded watches or had them made specifically for them by numerous watch makers both in the UK and Switzerland.

The lack of a name on the dial suggests it might be one of those. I have my dads old watch (bought in 1956) which is signed St Andrews on the dial, and was sold by St Andrews Jewellers.

As it’s an auto it might have an AS movement 1361 (as used in the original Blancpain Fifty Fathoms).
    Last edited by Andyg; 10th April 2020 at 21:59.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche