closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: best UK motorbike forum?

best UK motorbike forum?

Hi All

Well, we all know which is the best watch forum but any opinions as to what is the best motorbike forum for UK riders? Or maybe it's a case of "which are the best motorbike forums, plural"?

Do they differ much in ethos and content?

Thanks

Master
    I personally like the triumph owners club and the adventure riders forum

http://www.triumphrat.net/twin-talk/

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...1616&page=1549

With the way the web is these days I didn't think that there was such a thing as a UK only site.

B

I have tried - and failed -to find an 'all models' forum for motorcyclists generally! I've belonged to several one make/modelones of varying quality but have given up on general m/c chat etc...........

I avoid the forums of organised groups like MAG and give even wider berth to the IAM/RoSPA types..............

Quote Originally Posted by afcneal View Post
    I have tried - and failed -to find an 'all models' forum for motorcyclists generally! I've belonged to several one make/modelones of varying quality but have given up on general m/c chat etc...........

I avoid the forums of organised groups like MAG and give even wider berth to the IAM/RoSPA types..............
    Have you tried GB Bikers?

Ukgser is good although it's mainly a bmw forum they have sections for other makes though.

^^^This. I Own a triumph scrambler but I like the GS forum. also Boxertrix

Journeyman
    I tend to use UKGSers. Obviously a BMW GS bias but a mine of info.

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    ^^^This. I Own a triumph scrambler but I like the GS forum. also Boxertrix
    Apologies for going OT, but I really like the look of these. How do you find it? (Pm if you'd prefer)

UKGSer. It's that good there are people on the forum who don't even own motorbikes... Mind you, not as good as it used to be 10 years ago. I've made friends for life and been to places and done things that I'd never have done if I wasn't on the forum .... Next weekend off to one of the forum members parties on his 5 acres of land in the Peak District with 80 other friends .... Also point out that Toshi is a member, as is seadog and a few others on tzuk.
    Last edited by steptoe; 10th July 2015 at 09:10.

I used to go on Visordown, but not having had a bike for a few years haven't kept up with it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by steptoe View Post
    UKGSer. It's that good there are people on the forum who don't even own motorbikes... Mind you, not as good as it used to be 10 years ago. I've made friends for life and been to places and done things that I'd never have done if I wasn't on the forum .... Next weekend off to one of the forum members parties on his 5 acres of land in the Peak District with 80 other friends .... Also point out that Toshi is a member, as is seadog and a few others on tzuk.
    Plus one for GSER like TZ its a mine of good knowledge and common sense
    Last edited by higham5; 19th July 2015 at 22:55. Reason: Spelling

Journeyman
    Another thumbs up for UKGSER. I also use the BMW 1200 RT and BMW K1600 forums. Loads of interesting stuff for bikers. Unfortunately little interest in decent watches.

Craftsman
    UKGSER and Tiger800

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev-O View Post
    Hi All

Well, we all know which is the best watch forum but any opinions as to what is the best motorbike forum for UK riders? Or maybe it's a case of "which are the best motorbike forums, plural"?

Do they differ much in ethos and content?

Thanks
    Don't forget https://ridersite.com

Visordown was good but they deleted the forums?!

That is an impressive thread resurrection... I’m sure that 5 years later the OP was still waiting

visordown used to be brilliant, until it got sold off quite a few years ago.
    Only one I ever use now is https://www.therevcounter.co.uk/ which is where quite a few of the VD crowd moved to

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by 5KE-Boy View Post
    Don't forget https://ridersite.com

Visordown was good but they deleted the forums?!
    Just looked at rider site.com

Last advert was about 4 months ago on the classified.

WOW. slow or what!

VD used to be great, but no more imo.
    UK bike sites are ok providing you're happy with specific brands/models.
    Unfortunately, they tend to be a bit tribal.
    Say one less than positive word about one of their bikes, and the responses can be hateful.

So....unfortunately, I don't think there's a really good UK site anymore.

I've found a few fantastic sites internationally,and tend to spend most of my surfing time on them.

you would probably be better off looking for a forum or facebook group that is specific to the bike you own.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pugster View Post
    you would probably be better off looking for a forum or facebook group that is specific to the bike you own.
    Agreed , my observation is the forums is where the gold lies, lots of knowledge but can sometimes be a bit quirky eg just like on here. Always someone ready to advise you on problems or faults as they have been there and done it.

Facebook forums are a real lottery I am on 3 two for Kawasaki’s lots of sense and some good sales of pre owned parts.

The other Facebook bike page is the new Monkey forum, what a mixed bag daft questions like what are the recommended tyre pressures for a 22 stone person ( its a 100kg mini bike), and people spending over £10k in extras on a £3k bike madness!