closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opticians pricing

Quote Originally Posted by irish ger View Post
    I just wear the air. Unbelievably light and not issue with suiting as they are just about invisible well worth a look and visit to a stockist even for a bit of advise [sic]
    Aren't you the lucky one.

Keep it up...
    Last edited by PickleB; 4th July 2015 at 12:44.

Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    Aren't you the lucky one.

Keep it up...
    I think he means Lindberg Air.

Craftsman
    Ha yes sorry for the confusion that's the frame name I think. It's ti but just lenses so no rim screws or anything to noticeable. Thanks for spotting that king stepper

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    I think he means Lindberg Air.
    Quote Originally Posted by irish ger View Post
    Ha yes sorry for the confusion that's the frame name I think. It's ti but just lenses so no rim screws or anything to noticeable. Thanks for spotting that king stepper
    Oops!

My sincere apologies, irish-ger...I might have known better, but I spend time in the BP and a thread in WatchTalk has recently gone downhill.
    Last edited by PickleB; 4th July 2015 at 17:04.

Blog Entries
    I am using Ozeal online and what they have done with their pricing I average £110.00 for variofocals, reactalight ,high index etc is given me chance to try various styles against the average £ 450.00-£500.00 I was paying my high street optician.
    I am currently rotating four pairs of glasses depending on mood,situation, clothes etc.
    Last edited by mart broad; 4th July 2015 at 16:54.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DMC102 View Post
    I use VisionDirect for mine - competitive prices, next working day delivery (complete with a little bag of sweeties, which is a nice - if insignificant - touch), very user-friendly website, and repeat orders a doddle, with e-mail or text reminders if you want them. And, if you can't send them a copy of your prescription (still required under UK dispensing regulations for contact lenses), then they simply do the dispensing via their Netherlands sister site.

Worth checking out, IMO.

Thanks for the tip. Just ordered a couple of pairs, which together will be the same price as I was quoted for one pair from a high street chain.

I'm looking at getting a new pair of specs, probably from one of the sites listed here - any recommendations on brand of lens? Would I notice any difference between zeiss, Nikon, essilor etc.?

Craftsman
    I just ordered my new pair today from Pretavior

A pair of Tag Heuer rimless, thin lenses with extra coatings and 2 year scratch cover for £199 delivered

Felt like a great price from an authorised UK dealer

Opticians pricing

Be careful, my TAG frames have barely survived a year of everyday use. The arms have now split.

Can't say I am impressed but then again I'm not keen on their watches either!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    Be careful, my TAG frames have barely survived a year of everyday use. The arms have now split.

Can't say I am impressed but then again I'm not keen on their watches either!
    Thanks for the heads up

Went for the acetate arms, so hopefully somewhat durable

Craftsman
    I have found Lindberg cheaper online from Giarre if anyone is interested. I haven't bought anything yet so con not recommend but seems like a decent site.

Master
    If we all went to high street opticians for our eye tests and then took the prescription and ordered online at admittedly cheaper prices, wouldn't that eventually drive the high street retailers out of business and then what we do. Short sighted, surely.

Quote Originally Posted by bobc View Post
    If we all went to high street opticians for our eye tests and then took the prescription and ordered online at admittedly cheaper prices, wouldn't that eventually drive the high street retailers out of business and then what we do. Short sighted, surely.
    I'd go and see an Ophthalmic Optician in the same way that I go to see my GP. That most, at present, carry on their practice in conjunction with and at the premises of Dispensing Opticians is not obligatory. If the high street optician were to die out Optometrists would set up on their own. At the moment it's like going to a high priced Boots to see the doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by Longblackcoat View Post
    Thanks for the tip. Just ordered a couple of pairs, which together will be the same price as I was quoted for one pair from a high street chain.
    How did this go for you?

Just had an eye test and the "optician" measured my PD with a plastic scale so presumably no more accurate than a ruler or credit card at home.