closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New to me vertex

New to me vertex

Looked at this a few weeks back and decided yesterday that life is too short. I don't know a lot about it yet, but if anyone can cast some light that would be lovely. Thanks for looking. Sorry for the naff photo, will add another asap.

It's a W.W.W (watch, wristlet, waterproof) made at the end of the Second World War for the Army. Much more info on MMH's excellent site, http://www.time514.com/BritishX.htm
    Without wishing to sound impolite, I hope you didn't pay too much for it. The lume is poor, the second hand is wrong, and the crown is also wrong.
    Next thing you know, you'll be looking to collect all 12 WWW's, and all the dial variations...

Quote Originally Posted by RABbit View Post
    It's a W.W.W (watch, wristlet, waterproof) made at the end of the Second World War for the Army. Much more info on MMH's excellent site, http://www.time514.com/BritishX.htm
    Without wishing to sound impolite, I hope you didn't pay too much for it. The lume is poor, the second hand is wrong, and the crown is also wrong.
    Next thing you know, you'll be looking to collect all 12 WWW's, and all the dial variations...
    Thank you for the information I will check that over. As to cost I hope I haven't been caught :(

Oh well, seller was a genuine chap if I've over paid I will have to have a word. Thanks :)

I actually like that watch, the lume is just great in my view, maybe the flaking in the hour hand, but I wouldn't refuse the watch because of it!
    As for the crown...mine has the same one, and the small second on mine could also be wrong? ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo View Post
    I actually like that watch, the lume is just great in my view, maybe the flaking in the hour hand, but I wouldn't refuse the watch because of it!
    As for the crown...mine has the same one, and the small second on mine could also be wrong? ;-)

Thank you Geronimo, your post has made me feel better.

I like our crowns and I'm not too bothered about faded lume on a watch that's over 60 years old.

Thank you for sharing, that's a nice watch. :)
    Last edited by tasum; 22nd June 2015 at 08:57. Reason: spelling

Very nice!

Apprentice
    Looks good to me. You can probably get a crown for £20 odd. Lume appears to be the usual MOD mint-green tritium; it's part of the history of the watch.

Quote Originally Posted by rodabod View Post
    Looks good to me. You can probably get a crown for £20 odd. Lume appears to be the usual MOD mint-green tritium; it's part of the history of the watch.
    Thanks rodabod, can anyone post a pic of what the crown should look like or a link to an original as my google fu aint working :(

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by tasum View Post
    Thanks rodabod, can anyone post a pic of what the crown should look like or a link to an original as my google fu aint working :(
    As above:

http://www.time514.com/BritishX.htm

Quote Originally Posted by rodabod View Post
    Thank you, had checked out the earlier linky. Will check again, thank you.