closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko Fat Springbar - too fat for most?

Seiko Fat Springbar - too fat for most?

Hi,
    I'm playing around with strap choices for a couple of tunas as the original Seiko straps are a tad too long for me. As I'm keen to use the fat spring bars, the choices for straps seems rather limited. My understanding is that Isofrane would offer a tight fit but involves heating and lubrication.
    Has anyone found straps designed to accommodate the 2.5mm thickness? Is the Hirsch Extreme an option?

Master
    Hi,

you can get thinner spring bars specially designed to replace the Seiko fat bars which have the same diametre at the end. I have some spares at home. Message me your address and I'll send a pair to you.

Ben

Just put some fairy liquid in the spring bar hole on the isofrane and slide the fat bar in.

Same way to remove

Quote Originally Posted by Binsull View Post
    Hi,

you can get thinner spring bars specially designed to replace the Seiko fat bars which have the same diametre at the end. I have some spares at home. Message me your address and I'll send a pair to you.

Ben
    Thanks, Ben. I may well take you up on your very kind and generis offer.

I have Seiko fat spring bars in my Obris Morgan Isofranealike strap. They took a bit of shoving in and would take a bit of shoving out if I ever wanted to use the strap on another watch.

Most of my straps have managed to survive the fatboy bars, however if someone could let me know a good place where the thinner version is available, I would much appreciate it. Binsull, could you say where you got yours maybe?

Z

Anyone have a recommendation or link for UK sourced genuine Seiko fat springbars at 22mm?

Thank you

David

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by zoiksy View Post
    Binsull, could you say where you got yours maybe?

Z
    These are the ones I use:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3509885885...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

The fat springbars are a real pain IMHO. Yes, very sturdy but not much good if you want to swap straps around. Next time I buy a Seiko I will buy some of the 'thin fat bars' myself - I remember having to slice open one of Eddies retro rubbers to get the Seiko bars out

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    ...I remember having to slice open one of Eddies retro rubbers to get the Seiko bars out
    That's why I'll be leaving mine in situ in the rubber strap when I swap back to bracelet (and another set of spring bars) on my SKX007. Spring bars are cheaper than straps.

Thank you kindly!

Wearing my tuna on a Delaurian in the mean time.

+1 for Hank

I have 2mm diameter ones on my Isofrane.

Master
    Managed to get the fat spring bars through the Isofrane on this watch using some silicone grease and they will be staying there, by far the best combination I've found.

Very nice. There's a blue Isofrane that will also complement the blue shroud quite nicely.

Master
    Fat bars in a strap not meant for them can lead to the strap falling off, because the bar can't move inside the strap, so if the strap gets pulled sideways it can pull one end of the bar out.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by psikat View Post
    Very nice. There's a blue Isofrane that will also complement the blue shroud quite nicely.
    This one is blue but just darker than the watch shroud as can be seen in this comparison with a black one on my Damasko.

Spring bars have arrived. Thanks all for the info.

Thanks for the links. Just pulled a spring bar apart, trying to get it out of an Obris Morgan strap. Bars ordered :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by psikat View Post
    Hi,
    I'm playing around with strap choices for a couple of tunas as the original Seiko straps are a tad too long for me. As I'm keen to use the fat spring bars, the choices for straps seems rather limited. My understanding is that Isofrane would offer a tight fit but involves heating and lubrication.
    Has anyone found straps designed to accommodate the 2.5mm thickness? Is the Hirsch Extreme an option?
    Yes the Hirsch will be fine. I had mine on a Tuna. It's a great strap very soft and comfortable

Thanks for the link ive just bought some as well

Anyone know how well a Seiko fat bar fits through this:

https://www.watchgecko.com/bonetto-c...atch-strap.php

I know they're a popular replacement for Seiko divers, and are basically designed as such, so you'd think they'd be perfect, but the link above notes that fat bars are a "tight" fit.

How tight exactly? I ain't spending 24 quid on a strap if I have to cut it off to change it.