closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fifa corruption charges

How can the boss say he is not responsible for his staffs actions, he's the boss through good and bad. Sb needs to go!!

My own view is that Blatter is secure as long as he stays in power because he has gone to great lengths to grease the palms of the various FA's and while he's in power he knows he can rely on their support. In return they get loads of money for their FA's.
    Once he's out of power he's no longer relevant and all the skeletons will start to come out of the cupboard. He's a shrewd operator and knows this and this why he's clinging on to power for as long as he can.
    My only hope is that the FBI investigation will lead to some of his lieutenants squealing in return for plea deals and that we hopefully see the extent of Blatters involvement.
    Last edited by sevvy; 28th May 2015 at 21:42.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    I have decided to boycott the world cup and all the sponsors.

It will make sweet FA (pun) difference, but if 10 million other people do this, then it might!

Its such a disgrace that something which is supposed to be a "bit of fun" has descended so far.

Plus its Rugby world cup this year - which will be much better anyway.
    Reminds me of this, "that showed them"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUHk2RSMCS8

Seb Blatter is the new Teflon Don ! no end of corruption and he walks away every time

Blog Entries
    Seriously cannot be arsed corrupt from top to bottom and these shenanigans will change nothing It is like Medusa cut of one head and another grows save your breath.

No idea how to get it off the ground, but how about a fundraiser sweepstake for the date/hour when Blatter finally goes...?

I think we should have a TZ night out to the pictures:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    My own view is that Blatter is secure as long as he stays in power because he has gone to great lengths to grease the palms of the various FA's and while he's in power he knows he can rely on their support. In return they get loads of money for their FA's.
    Once he's out of power he's no longer relevant and all the skeletons will start to come out of the cupboard. He's a shrewd operator and knows this and this why he's clinging on to power for as long as he can.

My only hope is that the FBI investigation will lead to some of his lieutenants squealing in return for plea deals and that we hopefully see the extent of Blatters involvement.
    My thoughts exactly and I reckon that the stark prospect of a few years behind bars will loosen a tongue or several!

Just a thought. As tax payers money was used by the UK during its unsuccessful 2018 World cup Bid.

If its subsequently proven that this was subject to corruption is the UK government within its rights to sue FIFA for an illegal tendering process and the money wasted. I believe the UK spent over £35M on its bid!!

So its worth remembering its not just football who gets screwed by FIFA, its everyone.

Burn them all!!

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Just a thought. As tax payers money was used by the UK during its unsuccessful 2018 World cup Bid.

If its subsequently proven that this was subject to corruption is the UK government within its rights to sue FIFA for an illegal tendering process and the money wasted. I believe the UK spent over £35M on its bid!!

So its worth remembering its not just football who gets screwed by FIFA, its everyone.

Burn them all!!
    Hang on... Was UK taxpayers' money used to promote a vanity project for England?? Why didn't the English FA and the obscenely rich Premier League, Championship and football league fund this?

Five & a half years ago, there was a thread about England's World Cup bid:

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...-World-Cup-Bid

How little has changed...

Master
    I will personally have nothing to do with observing either world cup if this shit storm of a mess isn't sorted out and at least Qatar stripped of the WC. This is greed and cognitive dissonance at its very worse and although my boycott will make absolutely no difference I'll be able to sleep at night knowing I've played no part in it.

Margaret Thatcher's misplaced self-belief (eg link and later dealings in Cabinet) + Bernie Ecclestone's attitude to power and money in sport (?) (eg link) Sepp Blatter...discuss.

Burn them all!!
    Apparently this "not for profit" organisation has 1bn of reserves so it would be a good idea for some govts to start going after it for their money back.

There's no surprises here. A game played by mongs for mongs to watch and run by mongs and dodgy businessmen. What could go wrong?

Blog Entries
    Well Self Batter has "won" a 5th term........

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    There's no surprises here. A game played by mongs for mongs to watch and run by mongs and dodgy businessmen. What could go wrong?
    LOL talking of which: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-32937639

I admire that sentiment. However, if "fanny" Blatter is at the centre of a web of bribery & corruption, surely he could buy a decent watch, which fitted.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    Hang on... Was UK taxpayers' money used to promote a vanity project for England?? Why didn't the English FA and the obscenely rich Premier League, Championship and football league fund this?

Because it's good business for the UK, hotels, tourists, etc - stuff that would not benefit the obscenely rich Premiership - not sure about how rich the other leagues are.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Agreed.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post
    Five & a half years ago, there was a thread about England's World Cup bid:

http://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.ph...-World-Cup-Bid

How little has changed...
    The days when I could give a crap.

Friedrich Nietzsche

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    Well Self Batter has "won" a 5th term........
    And he's giving everyone the middle finger.

We may regard him as Sauron but he has a lot of supporters. Interesting views here:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-32928984

Because it's good business for the UK, hotels, tourists, etc - stuff that would not benefit the obscenely rich Premiership - not sure about how rich the other leagues are.
    I know this is rarely a consideration for those in England, but I was wondering about this from the perspective of a taxpayer who is from one of the other constituent countries of the UK.

Unbelievable.

Corrupt little (insert suitable expletive)

Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    We may regard him as Sauron but he has a lot of supporters. Interesting views here:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-32928984
    There's no doubt he's ploughed a lot of money into the development of football in these countries. But let's not forget FIFA is a non profit making organisation with huge income and so they have to utilise it somewhere. He knew even before Wednesday's events he had the African and Asian votes in his pocket and that he would win. My guess is that his only concern would be how many found their moral scruples after Wednesday and whether it would affect him.

Whilst this is a disappointing end to a very interesting few days it's of no surprise. One of my own views is how much the Swiss Government have become tired of the stories of him and FIFA and the reputational damage it's having on their country. It could well determine how fiercely they decide to pursue their own investigation.

One thing's for sure, he's not in the clear yet and this story has still got a long way to run.

There's an element of Silvio Berlusconi in Blatter, don't you think ?

Circuses and Stella Artois - beautiful game for beautiful people. Enjoy.

PS and bwoohaha - go Seppy let's go FiFa!
    Last edited by VDG; 30th May 2015 at 01:45.

Craftsman

Cool

Is the IOC next?

Its there to placate the masses, and together with alcohol, nicotine and tattoos it does the job very well.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Its there to placate the masses, and together with alcohol, nicotine and tattoos it does the job very well.

Lol.

Lets go FIFA!

Master
    The man is untouchable it seems, the mafia have nothing on Sepp

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    Personally I think while the focus on him is understandable, it won't solve the problem in the long term. With 133 votes for him, there are plenty of people waiting in the wings who are cut form the same cloth. As long as enough people stand to lose by not defending the status quo, nothing will change.

Hello

It's farcical that the countries that are more often than not linked to corruption in particular the African nations are allowed to vote for someone who is mired in it and who has allowed it to flourish under his watch. I hope those countries that have said they'll boycott it will stick to their guns.

I listened to an interview this morning with an ordinary South African footie fan. He was so keen for the corruption not to be true. I felt he imagined it might be but but he didn't want it to be as it would be yet another mark against SA's top echelons and the country itself.

Surely it's time for a revolt. I wouldn't hold out much hope for a lead from UEFA as it has Russia as a member and Australia is in with many Asian countries. So it would have to be individual nations that band together and start afresh. Along the way they'd need to sue FIFA for a share of the accumulated assets. Difficult maybe, but...

I still reckon that Blatter clings on as he knows once he goes, and everything is unearthed, he will be off to prison.

Link - Sepp Blatter: Europe's 'hate' campaign against Fifa:

Is he getting his PR advice from Putin?

Not to worry rape charges will follow shortly

Grand Master
    ...aaaand, end of the story. Slap on wrists for a handful of corrupt FIFA "junior ministers", empty words from various toothless national football associations, Step Ladder as safe as houses. As you were :).
    ...but what do I know; I don't even like watches!

Let us not get too pious here. When London bid for the WC was launched more than 18 million was spent including on an expensive swiss watch for Blatter ( yes indeedy) and a business visa for the son of one of the FIFA delegates.

This latest cry of indignant shock by the Uk and USA is all directed at Putin and the next WC in Russia which the UK and USA are hell bent on getting cancelled or moved out of Russsia.

Quote Originally Posted by Nansbread1 View Post
    Let us not get too pious here. When London bid for the WC was launched more than 18 million was spent including on an expensive swiss watch for Blatter ( yes indeedy) and a business visa for the son of one of the FIFA delegates.

This latest cry of indignant shock by the Uk and USA is all directed at Putin and the next WC in Russia which the UK and USA are hell bent on getting cancelled or moved out of Russsia.
    I suspect you have a point there as it does seem there¨s a geo-political agenda also in all this.

Although the corruption in FIFA no doubt runs deep is it really any different to LIBOR rigging, high frequency trading, Central Banks manipulating markets via QE, Politicians and their opaque charitable trusts, the list goes on....always greed, power and corruption.

This just in from FIFA HQ:

Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    This just in from FIFA HQ:

That is fantastic . Now we see where Sepp got the idea from.

Fifa corruption charges

I don't blame blatter or any other dodgy rep. I blame football in general. The whole bidding process is corrupt and we where part of it until it didn't go our way. Arranging England friendlies to secure Trinidad votes is just as corrupt, if we did that at work we would be sacked

Quote Originally Posted by andrewcregan View Post
    That is fantastic . Now we see where Sepp got the idea from.
    Casablanca is responsible for one of my favorite movie facts:

Ignore the main actors and concentrate on the mechanics tending the plane - they are dwarfs who were hired to allow for a perspective trick where the scale cardboard model of the plane is made to appear to be full-sized!

Hopefully next years game.....

Craftsman
    The man is supported by people from countries when 'business' is conducted in precisely the same manner as he does - It's cultural more than anything else, simply the way that most of the world works (look after your family and friends and 'buy' whatever it is that you want or need ...)

^^^^^ I think this is spot on.
    He is held in high regard in Africa, Asia and Russia - go figure!