closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Funny how your tastes change over the years..(new Rolex content)

Funny how your tastes change over the years..(new Rolex content)

So for the last 15 years I’ve been extremely lucky to get through pretty much all the Rolex sports models (mostly the new 6 digit references.)
    I started off with an explorer 2 5 digit reference and some original Lvs and was then lucky enough to have been able to buy a Batman, Pepsi, hulk, skydweller, few Daytonas, air king, subs of all guises, some seadwellers..the list goes on.
    After some big life decisions, most paved the way for household bills and business deals. I eventually wound up with just the one watch.
    Anyhow, it was my 40th last month so have been on to the AD for a watch to celebrate. Well the day came and went with no sign of anything but I have been pestering them a bit and I was lucky enough to pick up a steel 41mm datejust with a jubilee bracelet and fluted bezel with a crisp white baton dial.
    I can honestly say, having disregarded the datejusts previously, I can now see why they are Rolex best selling models. I’m really really enjoying the simplicity of the white dial, the classiness of the jubilee bracelet and the polished case. I’m really made up. It’s funny, when I was looking for a wedding gift for my wife, the AD didn’t have her choice of dial but showed us a pink diamond dial which online did it no justice but in the flesh was simply beautiful. It just goes to show that unless you handle watches in the flesh, dismissing models and colour variations out of hand just by looking at photos could lead you to miss out.
    For now, after all the models I’ve had the pleasure of owning, I’m made up with a “simple” white dial datejust.
    Quite refreshing really to leave all the hype behind and just enjoy a watch for what it is. An elegant day to day watch with a touch of class for all occasions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I did the same too...went through nearly every sports model and eventually ended up with a DJ41. I had one on an oyster bracelet with smooth bezel but should have gone for jubilee and fluted as I think it looks better on a DJ. Yours looks great.

Anyway...sold my DJ and have gone back to Breitlings! The life of a flipper!

Master
    It's very true that some watches look much better in photos than the flesh, and some vice versa - to a surprising degree. I bought a NOS 16570 [polar] years ago on the basis of seeing so many stunning pics of it online. Whenever I wore it - despite abs loving the weight and fit of those 5-digits - I was underwhelmed, and it would go back in the drawer. Then someone on here would post another beautiful closeup, and I'd get it out and look at it, and think 'meh' and take it off again. It seemed a pointless tango so years later I sold it.

Master
    I think you have chosen a very tasteful and classy watch. With a Seamaster or sub (or similar), you'd have a rather perfect 2 watch collection.

Very nice looking watch. Guessing that will really come into its own over summer.

Never had a datejust either but I’m on the list for one too so we’ll see what happens

Nice! I'm in a similar position with a different Rolex, the only watch I've bought twice. When I have some time to photograph and list some of my other watches, several will be sold. This is likely to include:

Rolex GMT Master II Pepsi 116719BLRO (White Gold)
    Omega Dark Side of the Moon (the most accurate mechanical watch I have ever owned)
    Omega Planet Ocean 232.30.46.21.01.003
    Bremont ALT1-C