Here is a quote from one member here when I dared to bring them up

Quote Originally Posted by rob-vicar View Post
    No they're not, they are overpriced tat
    Is this the general consensus here.

If so I'd be interested to know why.

Thanks.

Master
    stop trolling and go away

Are you wearing watches for yourself or for others?
    If it is for yourself then what do you care if someone thinks about Tag.

I'm a fan of Tag Heuer, have been since the early Heuer days. I have a CV2A10 Carrera, and Aquaracer in my collection.

Ok.. going on the ignore list now, sooo tedious.. not that it'll matter as i'd imagine a ban is coming soon

What the hell is wrong with his guy?
    Seriously unhinged, I worry for his safety and his sanity

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by SSTEEL View Post
    I'm a fan of Tag Heuer, have been since the early Heuer days. I have a CV2A10 Carrera, and Aquaracer in my collection.
    Nice.
    My first ever high end watch was a Kirium automatic chronograph.
    It was really solid and well made.
    Sadly, I sold that one.
    However, this is really floating my boat at the moment.

If you ever get fed up with your tags, you can always get your doctor to freeze them off for you.

Quote Originally Posted by rob-vicar View Post
    What the hell is wrong with his guy?
    Seriously unhinged, I worry for his safety and his sanity
    I think you just got yourself a stalker!

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    Nice.
    My first ever high end watch was a Kirium automatic chronograph.
    It was really solid and well made.
    Sadly, I sold that one.
    However, this is really floating my boat at the moment.

Love this.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1010 View Post
    Love this.
    Here's another of my faves.
    This was the anniversary Monaco,
    Notice "TAG" has been ommited from the dial, making it a more authentic homage to the original.
    Love this.

I like them, too. I have these:

And used to have a couple of F1s in the past.

Now an aquaracer quartz chrono is on my radar, but I haven't decided to pull the trigger, yet.

Master
    I prefer Bulova

Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    I prefer Bulova

Master
    There's nothing wrong with TAG Heuer. At least it's better quality than that cheap Patek tat

I like oranges.

I like Oranges. My Grandfather left me some but they're not behaving as they should. There's plastic stuff on them and i can't get it off. also the orange itself is covered in a leathery waxy substance. Can someone recommend a good Jaffa accredited grocer where i could be shown how to get off the plastic and leathery stuff? I don't have much experience with oranges but i can peel potatoes, so i thought i'd have a go myself but i was worried about squirting orange juice into my eye. If i loose juice in this way can i use WD40 to replace it? I could squirt it in thru the hole i made trying to take off the leathery waxy stuff.

Here's a pic of my Oranges. I'll post pics of other oranges i like later

Last edited by tekbow; 17th May 2015 at 17:12. Reason: Not enough sarcasm

I've got a few.

But I've had plenty more!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougal View Post
    There's nothing wrong with TAG Heuer. At least it's better quality than that cheap Patek tat
    Well, at least they are somewhat cheaper than Pateks, though seriously overpriced these days. In the beginning, they were a bit more than the average watch (by normal people's, not WIS' standards), and something a bit aspirational for many people, but the prices have gone up 5 or 10 fold these days and I certainly wouldn't pay Tudor, Breitling or Omega prices for one, even if some are quite nice.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGrumpy View Post
    Well, at least they are somewhat cheaper than Pateks, though seriously overpriced these days. In the beginning, they were a bit more than the average watch (by normal people's, not WIS' standards), and something a bit aspirational for many people, but the prices have gone up 5 or 10 fold these days and I certainly wouldn't pay Tudor, Breitling or Omega prices for one, even if some are quite nice.
    I kind of go along with that.
    That said, if someone offered me one of those Autavia's as a swap for my Speedy, I'd grab it in a heart beat.

Still one of my favorite divers!

Thats like the second new poster to appear out of nowhere with a first post on this thread pledging their love of tags. Noone else finds this strange? Incidentally they seem to be online when he isn't.

I'm sure there was a few on his other thread too.

I don't have any issues with Tags BTW
    Last edited by tekbow; 17th May 2015 at 18:00.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by tekbow View Post
    Thats like the second new poster to appear out of nowhere with a first post on this thread pledging their love of tags. Noone else finds this strange? Incidentally they seem to be online when he isn't.

Tag heuer - on a watch forum? surely not that strange??

Quote Originally Posted by D4RW1N View Post
    Tag heuer - on a watch forum? surely not that strange??
    I'm implying he's sock puppeting

Apprentice
    I'm implying he's sock puppeting
    I may be guilty of having a bit of a wind up, but that's not my style.

Anyway, would love to talk TH's,

Seriously.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by EliasEliasElias View Post

Still one of my favorite divers!

I've just the one but I find it a great summer beater:

Master
    I don't know why but I would much prefer it if they reverted to just Heuer on the dial. Just think it would give them slightly more gravitas. No logic there but ho hum.

Grand Master
    I kind of go along with that.
    That said, if someone offered me one of those Autavia's as a swap for my Speedy, I'd grab it in a heart beat.
    Are you serious about letting the Speedy go......with all that sentimental value it must have for you?

Can`t see myself selling grandad's old watch somehow

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Umbongo View Post
    I think you just got yourself a stalker!
    You might be right there

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Are you serious about letting the Speedy go......with all that sentimental value it must have for you?

Can`t see myself selling grandad's old watch somehow

Paul
    Certainly not "in a heartbeat" anyway...

why is it when sekonda copy the sub it looks ok and when tag do it doesnt

I'm a newbie here at TZ-UK but I've been into watches for some time now (Dutch forum mainly) so the love for the 844 series is real!
    I must confess though, I prefer the pre-TAG models more but they're a tough find.

Master
    I'm going to give the OP the benefit of the doubt as the negativity on here lately is just a bit tedious now. My opinion on TAG Heuer is that I always wanted one as a kid. I was always the poor kid in school, and all the rich lads would come in wearing their TAG F1's like this...

I was always into Casio watches because that's what I could afford. When I finally accrued the money, the first premium watch I bought was a Breitling going cheap off my friend. I still saw TAG as the ultimate watch though and within a few months, I traded it in for a TAG Heuer. A succession of TAGs followed and I loved them all. Nothing wrong with them I thought.

...until I sent one in for service. It went direct to LVMh which is based not too far from me. A professional outfit amongst a set of car scrap yards believe it or not. The watch I sent in was a Monaco, and they told me they wouldn't polish the case as, and I quote, "it is too difficult". Luckily it wasn't too bad so I let that one slide and paid a lot of money for now what I understand to be a basic service.

Then I had an episode with one of these...

I'd bought this watch from auction as watch-only. First and last time I did this. Whilst at the auction, I asked for a basic service costing on the watch as I'd want it serviced if I bought it. I was told £350 on the phone, and so I thought that's great. It's a Dubois Dupraz annual calendar flyback chronograph; Patek would charge over a grand to service that I bet! I double and triple checked with the person on the phone. Yep, £350.

I bid and bought the watch, and took it straight to TAG. I was then quoted double the price more or less as they'd left various things out, including the 5 hands that needed replacing at £50 each!! The watch had gone to Switzerland this time, and they apparently couldn't service the watch without replacing the hands as they'd "likely damage them when removing them" I was told. They also couldn't re-finish the watch again; I expected more from their Swiss operation.

There's more to that story as well but I'm not going into it.

Basically, TAG is still a brand I'd consider if they bring out the CH80, but for now, I'm unlikely to go down that route again. If I did, servicing would be carried out by Cannop or another independent for sure.

I went and tried on the latest TH Monaco about a month ago, quite nice, but I was really hoping to really love it, but at 4.6k it ain't gonna happen! The following day AD price drop of 600 quid, so perhaps even TH think their watches are over priced?

I sold the Monza earlier this year, possibly the only watch I regret parting with, the fit and finish were beautiful.

But the Autavia is a long time stayer!

They used to make individual looking watches......now all I see when I glance in the window of the local Goldsmiths are bland grey/black dialled anonymous products. Edit - the blue dialled Monaco wasn't on display!!!

I don't get all the negativity towards tag here, yea so they used to be heuer only, things change. Other companies change and get bought up, that's progress. My first quality watch was a Monaco, but most of their range does not appeal to me, although I do like some carrera, autavia and silver stones. Their are plenty of other brands that don't float my boat, omega being one, quality watch but apart from some speadies I'm just not feeling it. But I ain't gonna get on my high horse about it. Different strokes for different folks

Quote Originally Posted by Neilw3030 View Post
    I don't get all the negativity towards tag here, yea so they used to be heuer only, things change. Other companies change and get bought up, that's progress. My first quality watch was a Monaco, but most of their range does not appeal to me, although I do like some carrera, autavia and silver stones. Their are plenty of other brands that don't float my boat, omega being one, quality watch but apart from some speadies I'm just not feeling it. But I ain't gonna get on my high horse about it. Different strokes for different folks
    I don't really get it either to be honest, I bought a Heuer Monaco re-edition fairly recently and its a lovely watch. I having been looking heavily at getting an Omega AT and the started looking at the Carerra variant, seems a lot of watch for the money and a nice looking watch since Omega have cheapened the look of the AT Quartz.

Banned
    Is this the general consensus here.
    Yes.

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Some I've owned. It's fair to say I like tags.

[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/RJM25R/media/BA807273-7A99-4F0B-852E-9BD178BD599B_zpsdwujdtqm.jpg.html][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v126/RJM25R/BA807273-7A99-4F0B-852E

Last edited by RJM25R; 18th May 2015 at 12:59.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Last edited by RJM25R; 18th May 2015 at 06:57. Reason: Add more

Quote Originally Posted by Neilw3030 View Post
    It's nothing to do with Heuer being taken over by TAG. They are poorly made, pieces fall off them and they represent abysmal value for money.

The modern Quartz range have a horrific cheap plastic movement spacer - an appalling lack of effort.

Design wise, they're produced some great looking watches. But that's not good enough.

I too am guilty of being a TH fanboy in my youth circa 1987 - 1995 and had a few models pass through my clutches. Although now I am down to 1 Aquaracer. My feeling is if you like it go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by W44NNE View Post
    I'm going to give the OP the benefit of the doubt as the negativity on here lately is just a bit tedious now. My opinion on TAG Heuer is that I always wanted one as a kid. I was always the poor kid in school, and all the rich lads would come in wearing their TAG F1's like this...
    Same story with me in school, so I always have sympathy for Tags.

Getting an F1 was something I always wanted. When I received it I was really happy after all the waiting, but for some reason I didn't bond with the watch, probably because I couldn't bear a quartz watch back then, so I sold it the same day. Then I regret selling it and got another one, which I loved, but had to go to raise funds for the 2000 I got afterwards and now without actually noticing it I have a small collection of tags and a couple more is possible to be added in this collection in the future.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DB9yeti View Post
    It's nothing to do with Heuer being taken over by TAG. They are poorly made, pieces fall off them and they represent abysmal value for money.
    Which TAGs have you had that fell apart? I'm aware of the Aquaracer crown problem, but the two TAGs I've had were problem-free.

My old Heuer diver - fine, upstanding wissy material that marks one out as a true connoisseur, or something - has a desperately crap, thin plastic spacer that looks like it was made in Syria (in comparison the F1 uses a piece of machined resin which is much better).

Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post
    Which TAGs have you had that fell apart? I'm aware of the Aquaracer crown problem, but the two TAGs I've had were problem-free.
    Most recently, the blue faced Monaco I sold to a workmate here. Upper chrono pusher shroud fell off, I got a new one ordered and fitted for him, turns out they are just glued on. I don't think that's good enough, gluing bits on a £2k+ watch. YMMV of course.

Quote Originally Posted by W44NNE View Post
    I'm going to give the OP the benefit of the doubt as the negativity on here lately is just a bit tedious now.
    His first thread was all lies. How come it's not OK for Pippen to tell lies, but it's OK for this guy?

The rest of his posts seem to be calling people trolls for calling him a troll and claiming he has a superior intellect and is much tougher than everyone here.

He's the second person ever to make my ignore list, but if you enjoy his company, indulge away :)

Banned
    turns out they are just glued on. I don't think that's good enough, gluing bits on a £2k+ watch.
    Well, what do you expect? It is a TAG... "overpriced tat"

Master
    His first thread was all lies. How come it's not OK for Pippen to tell lies, but it's OK for this guy?

The rest of his posts seem to be calling people trolls for calling him a troll and claiming he has a superior intellect and is much tougher than everyone here.

He's the second person ever to make my ignore list, but if you enjoy his company, indulge away :)
    Ah, that changes things; hadn't read the other threads as they didn't interest me Lewis. Another Accutronitis type then?

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Some I've owned. It's fair to say I like tags.

that is my Tag F1 Gulf pic, thanks for the credit :/