closing tag is in template navbar
Time Factors Watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Omega 1010 movement..

  1. #1
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    UP North.
    Posts
    11,287

    Omega 1010 movement..

    Does anyone know if it is an handwound movement?.

    I found the below reply to the question over on WUS.


    "The 1010 is a fully automatic 28800 bph movement where as the 1030 is the only hand wound 28800bph movement ever created by Omega".


    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    1,339
    Here is a link with all the details: http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-...swk&Omega_1010

    Yes, it is an auto.

  3. #3
    Grand Master PickleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    M25 J6 UK
    Posts
    16,684
    Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    Does anyone know if it is an handwound movement?.

    I found the below reply to the question over on WUS.


    "The 1010 is a fully automatic 28800 bph movement where as the 1030 is the only hand wound 28800bph movement ever created by Omega".


    Thanks.
    There aren't many posts in the WUS thread that you reference, but, where relevant, they all refer to the 1010 as automatic so I'm puzzled why you would ask "if it is an handwound movement?"

  4. #4
    Grand Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    UP North.
    Posts
    11,287
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleB View Post
    There aren't many posts in the WUS thread that you reference, but, where relevant, they all refer to the 1010 as automatic so I'm puzzled why you would ask "if it is an handwound movement?"
    I do know it's and auto movement,My question was with regards to hand winding.It does handwind too,unlike some auto Seikos that do not.

    I now know it can also be handwound once it has stopped.

    Anyway now sorted so no further info required guys......thanks.

  5. #5
    Grand Master PickleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    M25 J6 UK
    Posts
    16,684
    Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    I do know it's and auto movement,My question was with regards to hand winding.It does handwind too,unlike some auto Seikos that do not.

    I now know it can also be handwound once it has stopped.

    Anyway now sorted so no further info required guys......thanks.
    Ah-ha...thanks for that, I've not met an auto-only movement and so I've learnt something. Thanks...

  6. #6
    Craftsman JayGee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Salisbury
    Posts
    473
    7s26 seiko movement is auto wind only, as an example.

  7. #7
    Grand Master PickleB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    M25 J6 UK
    Posts
    16,684
    Please, can we continue my education? I now realise that these Seiko movements are auto-wind only: 4R15, 4R16, 7S26, 7S35, 7S36. Who makes any others and which are they?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information