closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Championship Fred 23/24

Craftsman

The Championship Fred 23/24

For all things championship as I know there are quite a few people on here that follow the championship clubs.
    Last edited by Rob Leeds; 2nd September 2023 at 19:20.

Best let this one die Rob, I’ve a feeling it would be disappointing for both of us this season.

Craftsman
    I'm trying to be optimistic Dave as we have a good manager.
    Happy to be slow starters as long as we pick up momentum.

Thanks to being taken along by a friend, Southampton are the club I've been to watch the most, so I've been looking forward to properly engaging with the Championship this year. Right, how did the Saints get on this week....? *checks today's scores* ....ah, just like being in the Premier League, lovely.

Master
    Who’s Fred? More to the point, Middlesbrough will be calling time on Carrick before too much longer.

Master
    Going to be an interesting season this year. Hopefully today’s result against Southampton will be the start we have been waiting for. Young team, if not the youngest and had a 16 year old score today.
    Ha’way the Lads!

Another Leeds fan here :(. I guess one positive is that we have managed to keep Gnonto and Summerville. Although signing one of the better forwards in the division and effectively playing him in midfield today kind of sums things up! Although we have a good manager and it is a VERY long season in this division....I'll be hopefullish for the meantime!

Sent from my SM-A346B using Tapatalk

I'll start a League One thread in anticpation of following my team Middlesbrough in there next season, gobsmacked at our start to the season.

I should not really be surprised, we've lost a few players who scored over 50 goals betweeen them last season, what did we expect...

Craftsman
    A good win for Leeds today.
    Always a difficult place to go.

Master
    Middlesbrough look dead and buried already. Steve Gibson is a fud.

Got a theory that once Preston, winners of the first two titles ever, have got this promotion in the bag, ending their 63 year exile from the top flight, they'll get bought by Kuwait.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    Middlesbrough look dead and buried already. Steve Gibson is a fud.
    It must be a labour of love for Gibson.
    Where would they be without him?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Leeds View Post
    It must be a labour of love for Gibson.
    Where would they be without him?

Honestly, it’ll be League One next season. Gibson has lost interest in the club.

We’d be nowhere without Gibson, the team would not have existed after the collapse in the 80’s and for that he’ll always have our gratitude. But owning one of the nicest hotels in the area, the Football club and going through a divorce a while ago must have stunted his ambitions with the club.

Maybe it is time to sell up but one things for sure, we’ll never get an owner as good as he is or was.

And yes, unless Carrick suddenly gets this team believing and playing like it should be then it’s League 1 football next season…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Martylaa; 17th September 2023 at 21:10.

Craftsman
    A good performance from Sunderland tonight and in particular Jack Clarke.

Onwards and upwards...

Master
    Despicable.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-66972872

Bradley Lowery: Two held over 'taunts' aimed at Sunderland fans…

Master
    proper scumbags who will no doubt get dealt with at some point.

not sure of the mentality that would think that was humorous or remotely worth classing as 'banter' which will no doubt be their defence.

Master
    aside from that unpleasantness.........

QPR long suffering fan here; Leeds will probably be expecting an easy win and I wouldn't be surprised, but we have been surprisingly resilient away from home but utter shiite at our HQ!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by westberks View Post
    aside from that unpleasantness.........

QPR long suffering fan here; Leeds will probably be expecting an easy win and I wouldn't be surprised, but we have been surprisingly resilient away from home but utter shiite at our HQ!
    Coventry fan here! - thanks for letting us have 3 points, it was a disappointing end to last season followed by a whole series of matches where we've deserved to win but literally thrown points away in the last 10 mins.

Most competitive league in football, the funny thing is the prem is full of poor VAR decisions and the championship has quite a few second rate officials that regularly make big mistakes and no VAR!

4 wins (3 in the league and 1 in the cup) on the trot for Boro, has Carrick turned it around, bottom last week now up to 16th!!!
    Keep it up Boro!!!

Last edited by Martylaa; 3rd October 2023 at 22:25.

Oh I love you Boro…

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post

Oh I love you Boro…

A goal from Sam Greenwood as well.
    This division always has it's surprises.

Craftsman
    You've gotta love it.

You've gotta love it.
    Up to third now, how did that happen?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Up to third now, how did that happen?
    Always going to be goals today but we made it hard for ourselves.
    Their first was just poor defending from set pieces which continues to happen.
    We've got goals in us and are creating chances.

Craftsman
    What a great game of football.
    Both teams showed their class with Leeds deserving the points.

What a great game of football.
    Both teams showed their class with Leeds deserving the points.
    Lerds excellent at the back, gave away very few chances and good save by the keeper at the death.

Master
    well the Ainsworth project at QPR ran out of steam. Never wanted an ex player now manager to succeed more than Gareth but we were proper shite! it's ok conceding that you will have less possession as long as you are effective when you do have; our stats show that we were dreadful and getting worse.

new Spanish chap from Sweden in charge was apparently on the shortlist 18 months ago but now has the gig. Talks a very technical and attacking game. So we'll see how that works out; much improved in first game and at least we didn't lose the 6 pointer at Rotherham on Saturday after only 2 days with the players and there's still 31 games to go to save our sorry arses!

Dirty Leeds looking impressive having won at Leicester and Ipswich.

Master
    Am grateful to have an owner at Coventry that exercises judgement over the typical knee jerk reaction of other clubs.

Robins is the right man for the job and needs time to gel a totally new team of young players. Painful to see some of the results, I still think we can make top six but the main thing is backing the manager, he will turn it around given time.

Master
    Dirty Leeds looking impressive having won at Leicester and Ipswich.
    Wish QPR well.

Think Leeds fans are very happy with the progress but mindful that it would be very Leedsy to lose to Plymouth on Saturday.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by deepreddave View Post
    Wish QPR well.

Think Leeds fans are very happy with the progress but mindful that it would be very Leedsy to lose to Plymouth on Saturday.
    This!!
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Master
    Well, that was nearly very Leedsy. Totally dominate the first 45 and go 2-0 up. Dominate the second half, miss several good chances, concede from their first decent chance with 6 minutes to go but hang on!
    Some excellent performances, Rodon, Gray, Summerville, Kamara but Rutter is an absolute joy to watch.

Actually unbelievable that, even though Rotherham are totally woeful, we actually scored a hatful! Watford've been so profligate in front of goal this season so that was such a joy. To be confident of victory going into the final 10 minutes I'd forgotten how it felt. QPR were atrocious on the opening day but I didn't get to watch that so this is wonderful.

Craftsman
    A chance for Preston to move into the playoffs tonight, albeit temporarily.

Master
    A chance for Preston to move into the playoffs tonight, albeit temporarily.

or not..... my lot seem to finally be benefiting from the new manager; actually seem organised and playing some football. 5 played; 2 draws a defeat and now 2 wins. A live Friday night sky game up north has always been a guaranteed defeat.

not getting my hopes up as there has been a bit of overdue luck with decisions the last 2 games. But 6 scored and 2 conceded is a massive swing for us. Most of the bottom clubs picking up some points over the past week though and top 4 looking very solid.

The Championship is a mental division, and great fun because of it.

Craftsman
    or not..... my lot seem to finally be benefiting from the new manager; actually seem organised and playing some football. 5 played; 2 draws a defeat and now 2 wins. A live Friday night sky game up north has always been a guaranteed defeat.

not getting my hopes up as there has been a bit of overdue luck with decisions the last 2 games. But 6 scored and 2 conceded is a massive swing for us. Most of the bottom clubs picking up some points over the past week though and top 4 looking very solid.

The Championship is a mental division, and great fun because of it.
    I thought Chair changed the game for you when he came on.
    A very tricky player when it is going for him.

The fifth biggest league in Europe and we are still playing 46 league games a season.
    It is a bonkers league with the fixture list and we and probably all the others have 7 games this month.

Mackems have parted company with Tony Mowbray. Ridiculous decision and absolutely classic Sunderland. He’s been there just 14 months, hasn’t had money to buy any players, has had to deal with some of his best players being sold and returned to parent clubs and yet has managed to get them to a healthy 9th by playing loads of kids. They have the youngest average aged squad in the Championship.

It doesn’t seem to matter who owns the club, it continues to be a basket case.

All bias aside, you have to feel for the fans, especially the ones who go away with them in their thousands every other game. My father in law is a fan of some 80 years and he’s absolutely raging tonight. Who do they think they’re going to get that’s better?

Bringing bias back in, it’s fooking hilarious. What a sh*t show. Six toed mutants.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Mackems have parted company with Tony Mowbray. Ridiculous decision and absolutely classic Sunderland. He’s been there just 14 months, hasn’t had money to buy any players, has had to deal with some of his best players being sold and returned to parent clubs and yet has managed to get them to a healthy 9th by playing loads of kids. They have the youngest average aged squad in the Championship.

All bias aside, you have to feel for the fans, especially the ones who go away with them in their thousands every other game. My father in law is a fan of some 80 years and he’s absolutely raging tonight. Who do they think they’re going to get that’s better?

Bringing bias back in, it’s fooking hilarious. What a sh*t show. Six toed mutants.
    And playing you're lot in the FA cup.
    Swansea also have sacked their manager.

I wonder if Sunderland will get Heckinbottom in?

Master
    I thought Chair changed the game for you when he came on.
    A very tricky player when it is going for him.

The fifth biggest league in Europe and we are still playing 46 league games a season.
    It is a bonkers league with the fixture list and we and probably all the others have 7 games this month.
    was meant to heading your way for a pretty low £5m. on his day one of the best in this division but can do too much. On Friday he was miffed at being benched, but more importantly was varying his game rather than just cutting in and looking to shoot.

his partnership with Willock was key but he'd fallen out with Ainsworth (or didn't suit the up and at em style!)

Master

Birmingham all over again with mental owners calling the shots! Only with Mowbray they were 3 points off 6th and who do they think will do a better job?

it takes a lot for a club to look more mental than mine but Sunderland come pretty close

They really are mental over the water. On reflection, I can only assume they're going for Heckingbottom on the basis that he's gotten a team promoted and has EPL experience, albeit getting mullered every week. The irony there is that the circumstances are very similar; no funds for players when promoted to a new league and having to make-do with loans and kids.

Birmingham all over again with mental owners calling the shots! Only with Mowbray they were 3 points off 6th and who do they think will do a better job?

it takes a lot for a club to look more mental than mine but Sunderland come pretty close
    Last edited by TaketheCannoli; 5th December 2023 at 11:41.

Champo goal of the season wrapped up by our CENTRE BACK already this weekend.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C0XBgZTtUqq/?hl=en

Master
    Missed penalty against Ipswich to cost us points - what is it with Cov players whereby missed penalties always seem to cost us!

Craftsman
    As you were for the top three.
    It would've been top four but Watford got an injury time equaliser.
    Ipswich winning at Boro is probably, for me the best of them all.
    Leicester look like they're back at it, and a clean sheet for Leeds.

I watched the Blues last night; terrible. I like Rooney but he’s a terrible coach and looks out of his depth at that level. I read somewhere that he only had a 26% win rate in MLS and that’s National League standard! Another decision made my a club whose owners don’t understand the game.

Master
    My fellow Cov supporters singing "There's only one John Eustace" last night in tribute to our former player sacked to make way for Rooney.

If Simms and Wright somehow got their act together we would certainly be one of the best teams in the Champ this season. Some of the build up play is great but those two are woefully out of form. Sakamoto and Van Ewijk both just keep getting better and better, all looking solid except the two main strikers!

Master
    I watched the Blues last night; terrible. I like Rooney but he’s a terrible coach and looks out of his depth at that level. I read somewhere that he only had a 26% win rate in MLS and that’s National League standard! Another decision made my a club whose owners don’t understand the game.
    Brum have a habit of sacking competent no name managers for a bit of perceived glamour; sacked Gary Rowett when in play off places and 42% win rate and replaced with Zola (9% win rate and near relegation, before dropping Harry Redknapp in to save them with a 30% win rate. Another car crash of a club that make mine seem almost normal at times!

Master
    QPR on a miraculous 3 wins on the bounce; lost 1 in 6. Performances since Ainsworth left are like night and day in difference!

hopefully maintain it and get out of the bottom three at some point; although being the comedy club that we are I'm expecting twists to the plot as per usual

Craftsman
    A bad day at the office for Leeds last night .
    Ipswich just keep going, what a season for them.