closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tissot Carson T-Gold 18k yellow turn to pink

Tissot Carson T-Gold 18k yellow turn to pink

Hello everybody,
    I buy this watch Last years (i am french).

I love this model but i find littles area who the yellow 750 gold turn To yellow-pink. Maybe the cause is the friction?

All of jelewery Shop where i went said this is gold but i dont have any response of this "phénomène ". This is a standard Tissot gold case use on lot of Tissot Carson model.

Can you help me please :)

I think the 750 gold refers to the thickness of the gold plate in microns, so the gold plating has been worn down to show the base metal it was played onto..
    Cheers..
    Jase

No this is à réal 18k gold, i am not stupid and i dont like gold plate because of that

The marks are ok the weight too.
    i know about gold And i buy this watch because this is a 18k gold case. All Jelewery said this is gold this only a little difference of color. And i see hold watch with rose color on yellow. In french law 18k gold it say 750/000 like 75per cent. Like 18/24 or 3/4 of gold

And this was not the price of a gold plate watch lol :) i would like to know more about this problem and i saw it on hold watch too. Tissot confirm To me the gold case and they can polish the case. But if the pb return again...

750/1000 refers to 18K gold, but is at specific places that the YG turned to RG or everywhere? Can't really tell from the photos.

I've seen some vintage WG watches that at worn out places the WG turned yellow, or it shows as if the base was yellow.

Often I see description RG but in reality is looks YG. I have seen it with the Porto model from IWC and Speedmaster reduced, both are RG but they look YG to me.

On the four "corne " and the lunette. We can see the color on thé fist picture but it's very Light and it look like rose gold. In reality i call tissot and see lot of jelewery and they say this gold 18k but they can't tell why. Maybe surface treatment or friction

No it on specific place i clean my watch everyday and it s only on the top and back on the lunette and four corne

Is this one colour gold plated with another?
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez

Quote Originally Posted by soares.fabio View Post
    No it on specific place i clean my watch everyday and it s only on the top and back on the lunette and four corne
    Are you using something to clean it? Some product?

Quote Originally Posted by stooo View Post
    Is this one colour gold plated with another?
    No, the case is 18K solid gold (one piece) but at places has turned into light pink gold.

Yes i use no abrasif product because i am affraid to hard clean up. Tissot would like to polish my watch. i use lot of parfum and cream, and the back is very clean and yellow. Maybe the wear friction.can.dépose some superficial color make this coloration.

This is not very dramatic but this.thé fist 18k that make this.

Maybe this is a welding in rose gold of the différents pièce of the case and surface treatment after . (sorry m'y english is.very bad even i.am. Student on.Master. The French are bad in language sorry)
    Last edited by soares.fabio; 20th April 2015 at 19:46.

Quote Originally Posted by soares.fabio View Post
    Maybe this is a welding in rose gold of the différents pièce of the case and surface treatment after . (sorry m'y english is.very bad even i.am. Student on.Master. The French are bad in language sorry)
    I really doubt it, 750 markings are solid case, not 2 pieces etc. The gold is reacting to something, it's normal. I have seen white gold turn to yellow gold at places (just like you describe).

I agree i think this is a little nuances due To my slim wearing style cause friction on the watch. Normally when there are plate gold erasing cause by parfum and other cream it is on the back on the jewel. On my watch the back is perfect yellow gold. Maybe, thé friction of the close can turn the yellow to pink yellow. It is bad because we know how many gold we have when we buy a watch and the purety. But we don't know anything about the others métals in thé alloy and the process of production and the eventual surface treatment... I would like To know how m'y watch was made but i can dreaming

Perfume is a killer for watches, the alcohol base can easily enter the movement via the crown. I've seen no end of women's watches with gunge in the movements due to their habit of spraying perfume on their wrists whilst wearing their watch.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".